test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best space equipment set for Bird of Prey?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
I'm nearly done leveling my KDF BoP captain, and thinking ahead. What space equipment set do you recommend?
I was thinking Klingon Honor Guard for the torpedo and stealth bonus. Thoughts?
Thanks!
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Well... BoPs are pretty squishy too so probably a good idea to consider that as well.
    Iconian set might not be a bad choice for survivability. Free set wise, maybe the Kobali for the extra heals, especially if you have access to the Samsar for the warp core to get the full 4 piece set.

I admit I haven't run a BoP since my Mirror Ki'tang so... most of my KDF experience is flying cruisers and Raptors, with some Carrier on the side.

Miss my Mirror Qin... for a T5 she is a sweet ride.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Honestly if you want pure BoP playstyle, you want to hit as hard as you can quick as you can during your de-cloak ambush window. Personally on my BoP(Fleet B'rel T5U) I run:
    Fore: Disruptor DHCx3 with Crtd4 or Crtd3/Pen Mods and a Gravimetric Photon Torpedo
    Aft: Heavy Bio-Molecular Disruptor Turret, Regular Disruptor Turret
    Heavy Slot: Just the Hyperexcited Ion Stream Projector
    Full Iconian Space Set(deflector, engines, etc.) for the clicky power
    3x Disruptor vulnerability locators and 1 Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay(part of set bonus for Bio Turret)
    Hydrodynamics Compensator(3 set with bio turret and tac console for Heavy Bio Turret Barrage)
    Nausicaan Siphon Capacitor in a science slot for the bonus disruptor damage
    Proton Particle Stabilizer to make 2 set with the Gravimetric Photon

Running this setup will boost your Disruptor Damage and Photon Torpedo damage as well as give you a few clickable cooldowns to use during your de-cloak ambush.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    Depend on the build you wanna fly.
    In case you're using energy weapons you should go with the quantum phase set (episode reward) till youhave the other possibilities.

but you might wanna check out our builds published at sto-league.com if you need some inspiration.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I personally use crafted disruptor dual heavy cannons (one wide arc , one normal) and turrets + 1 quad one for looks cool with a nausicaan torp. As for the other gear, I use the solanae 3 piece for the SiF leech with a fleet core for cheap amp. For consoles...fleet spire in all tact. The rest is plasmonic. the BoP 2 piece set, temp disentangelment, nausicaan console and the crafted RCS with + turn...because being a starfighter is fun.

I've never gotten into the BoP style, and I've been using this character to train myself as he levels up. He actually has the Tzenkethi space set from "Melting Pot", simply because it was available during the episode run, and it's better than generic vendor items. But crazy thought:
    What if he continues to use this set for the BoP style? Decloak, unload the alpha strike (running Tac team to keep forward shields up), then the stronger aft shields come into play as I'm fleeing and waiting for cloak cooldown. Does that sound feasible?
    Post edited by djf021 on

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    djf021 wrote: »
    I've never gotten into the BoP style, and I've been using this character to train myself as he levels up. He actually has the Tzenkethi space set from "Melting Pot", simply because it was available during the episode run, and it's better than generic vendor items. But crazy thought:
    What if he continues to use this item for the BoP style? Decloak, unload the alpha strike (running Tac team to keep forward shields up), then the stronger aft shields come into play as I'm fleeing and waiting for cloak cooldown. Does that sound feasible?

Darn it. I have that set from Melting Pot on my Level 30 Lethean...but haven't been playing with him since MI Event started and I am running MI on everyone else. :( Sorry.

Though, what you are planning sounds good...

Note: I picked up a trait that gives forward shield hit points on attacks or something like that ... I have to look in my notes to see what it was called. BRB

Finally found it:

Space: Galvanized Munitions
    A percentage of your outgoing Cannon damage is returned as healing to your forward shield facing.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10645644-the-tzenkethi-lock-box!
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    djf021 wrote: »
    What if he continues to use this item for the BoP style? Decloak, unload the alpha strike (running Tac team to keep forward shields up), then the stronger aft shields come into play as I'm fleeing and waiting for cloak cooldown. Does that sound feasible?

Darn it. I have that set from Melting Pot on my Level 30 Lethean...but haven't been playing with him since MI Event started and I am running MI on everyone else. :( Sorry.

Though, what you are planning sounds good...

Note: I picked up a trait that gives forward shield hit points on attacks or something like that ... I have to look in my notes to see what it was called. BRB

Finally found it:

Space: Galvanized Munitions
    A percentage of your outgoing Cannon damage is returned as healing to your forward shield facing.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10645644-the-tzenkethi-lock-box!

That's a pretty good trait. I think I'd glossed over that one in the blog.

-Captain James T. Kirk
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    You could try putting an omni on the back and throw in a beam overload as well.
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Personally, I'd go with the Solenae setup, for keeping alive. Weapons...Plasma probably has the most damage boosters, I think...
    protoneous wrote: »

Don't forget.....BoP come with that Experimental weapons slot now. And the freebie ion beam is an omni beam.
    I would test and see if you get better mileage with an Omni and BO.

NOTE: I take that Experimental Ion beam thing off Auto and stick it on my tray to click as needed. It resets fast.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • suaaiesuaaie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    What does BoP ????? Mean

TASSIE@davidca.com
    OH...one point I was thinking about earlier....
    Shields are OFF completely when you are cloaked.
    This means: no shield heals, no shield regen, it is OFF.

So, keep that in mind when picking your shields and traits and, even, your skill points.

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User

Don't forget.....BoP come with that Experimental weapons slot now. And the freebie ion beam is an omni beam.

NOTE: I take that Experimental Ion beam thing off Auto and stick it on my tray to click as needed. It resets fast.

Experimental Weapons are not affected by weapon firing modes granted by bridge officer abilities, including beam overload.

They do look pretty though.

• slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I run the T6 every once in a while. It kicks butt. Still building T5 shipyard and can’t get the fleet version yet. My setup:

Fore:
    * DHC disruptor x2
    * Terren Rep DHC
    * Nausicaan Torp

Aft:
    * Nausicaan Beam
    * Martok Omni

Nukara:
    Deflector
    Shields

Romulan:
    Impulse

Terran:
    Warp Core

Engineering:
    Point Defense Bombardment Warhead
    Dynamic Power Redistributet Module
    House Martok Defensive Configuration

Science:
    Bio neural Infusion Circuit
    Temporal Disentanglement Suite
    Nausicaan Siphon Capacitor

Tactical:
    Vulnerability Locator
    Vulnerability Exploiter x2
    Tachyokinetic Converter

Personal Space Traits:
    Ablative Shell
    Coalition Starship Tactics
    Superior Elusive
    Inspirational leader
    Self-Modulating Fire
    Superior Cannon
    Fleet Coordinator
    Operative
    Techie

Starship Traits:
    Emergency Weapon Cycle
    Tactical Analysis
    Highly Specialized
    Radiant Nanite Cloud
    Reciprocity

Space Reputation:
    Piezo-Electric Weapon Amplification
    Auxiliary Power Configuration - Defense
    Hull-Repairing Nanites
    Precision
    Advanced Targeting Systems

Doffs:
    Arlinij
    Hamlet
    Mirita
    Meerna
    Liza Jane Elliot
    Marath

Boffs:
    Romulan x2 tactical
    Nausicaan X2 engineering
    Hierarchy Male science (Structural Analysis I&II)

Primary: Pilot
    Secondary: Intelligence

Skills: (no ultimate)
    Heavy engineering (survivability and power) and tactical
    5 Science

I won’t run the expiramental weapons slot until I get the miradorn’s.
    Post edited by slifox#0768 on
    edited November 2017

Experimental Weapons are not affected by weapon firing modes granted by bridge officer abilities, including beam overload.

They do look pretty though.

Yes, that was the information we got when the Experimental Weapons came out. Not effected by firing modes...what you see is what you get.

That is why I told him to see if he gets better mileage with an Omni and BO....and I meant a real omni beam and BO.

So many people go for so many things in their builds. You kinda have to test different set ups out to see if that is what works for you.

I do not...I just go with whatever I got and check out the weird weapons.
    Like right now...having fun with web mines on my pilot raptors. LOL!