test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium mining

jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Member Posts: 117 Arc User
So I have a mining claim and I went to the base in the asteroid field... but I can't find the FDMAA agent anywhere, and the inside of the base looks nothing like the various tutorial videos. Has it all been revamped? What am I supposed to do?

Comments

• Options
    merkestrelmerkestrel Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    After you double click to activate your mining claim (and its mission), beam down to the dilithium asteroid. Put on an environmental suit, and activate it. This button is usually the suit toggle button (of two buttons, the other is the reaction thrusters) found in the armor tray attached above your ability trays. You will know it is on when you see the headlamp turn on. At that time there should be a new "beam to rich dilithium" claim option to take you to the right place. The NPC should be slightly down a hill and to the left of the beam in coordinates. After interacting with the NPC, mine at any of the large crystals close by.
  • Options
    merkestrel wrote: »
    After you double click to activate your mining claim (and its mission), beam down to the dilithium asteroid. Put on an environmental suit, and activate it. This button is usually the suit toggle button (of two buttons, the other is the reaction thrusters) found in the armor tray attached above your ability trays. You will know it is on when you see the headlamp turn on. At that time there should be a new "beam to rich dilithium" claim option to take you to the right place. The NPC should be slightly down a hill and to the left of the beam in coordinates. After interacting with the NPC, mine at any of the large crystals close by.
    Nope; I can't see anything about beaming anywhere. It just tells me to hand a claim to the officer.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    You're going to Vlugta Asteroid Field in the Alpha Quadrant, right? Not a Fleet Dilithium Mine holding or anything like that?

The actual mission objective never reads 'Beam to Asteroid', 'Exit to Vein' or anything like that, simply 'Hand over claim'... it's a rather annoying oversight for new players as it doesn't make it clear that the FDMAA agent is on the asteroid and not in the base. It's basically what merkestral said;
    • Beam to the Vlugta Asteroid Field and you arrive at the base (actually it's an orbiting D'kora, 'The Narrak', but that's unimportant).
    • activate the claim,
    • equip an environmental suit (available from the Dilithium Store, vendors at Vlugta, Nukara Battlezone, and other sources) and activate it.
    • in the 'low priority' interacts at the lower right corner of your screen there should be options including 'return to ship', 'Exit Airlock' and - with an EV suit equipped and active and a Mining Claim active - 'Exit to Rich Dilithium Vein'.
    • Click 'Exit to Rich Vein' and you'll beam to the asteroid below, the FDMAA agent should be in a green EV suit with yellow trim at the bottom of the hill you arrive on.
    • Go hand them the claim, then go over to the large formations of dilithium crystals nearby and start mining.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    You're going to Vlugta Asteroid Field in the Alpha Quadrant, right? Not a Fleet Dilithium Mine holding or anything like that?

The actual mission objective never reads 'Beam to Asteroid', 'Exit to Vein' or anything like that, simply 'Hand over claim'... it's a rather annoying oversight for new players as it doesn't make it clear that the FDMAA agent is on the asteroid and not in the base.
    No, I'm in Vlugta. But still the same problem.

• Options
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    You don't want to use the mining claim now, as you will be penalized 50% of its value and only receive 5K instead of the full 10K. Wait for Mining Weekend. Stuff it bank in your bank and forget the matter for now.

Personally,that's not the issue. Why is there no contact?Why do I have to keep swapping between my EV suit and my regular armor? Why do I have to manually activate my armor?
    ---
    These are questions to which I want an answer.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Is the rich dilitihium claim mission in your log? I think you need to activate the quest.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    Is the rich dilitihium claim mission in your log? I think you need to activate the quest.

Yes. I would upload a pic but for some reason I cannot do it directly.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Lets see if I can help.

Since you are in the Mining station.

Talk to the Female Ferengi at the base of the stairs. her name is ishi. One of the missions she has is rich Dilithium mining claim. Click that and accept it. If you have the mission in your in progress tab of your mission journal you can skip this step, and move on to the next.

Equip your EV suit. Right click on the EV suit icon in the armor slot, and click disable visuals. (This is the easiest way to show if the ev suit is on and off. If on you will see the suit. If off you see the normal character.) A new tray for 3 buttons will appear above the normal ones. One button is activate EV suit the next is the jump thrusters, the third is blank. If you do not see this tray go to the rearrange hud in the options menu look for a tray labeled special and click show.

turn on the EV suit. (If you don't have it turned on you can't go outside the airlock, because of a zero atmosphere. Your toon will die, and respawn to die again.)

A button will appear called Mine rich dilithium or similar. Click it.

You will then load to the asteroid on a small hill. Bottom of the hill is an NPC in a gold/green EV suit. That is the agent you turn the claim into.

Once you talk to that agent head over to the Crystals to the right. Mine the crystal.

Beam out and done. You can use one every 20 hours, and continue playing as normal.

Don't forget to put your armor back on after beaming out.

As for why you have to switch to the ev suit from armor and back again. Its because Armor is not an EV suit.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User

Yes. I would upload a pic but for some reason I cannot do it directly.

You may need to post from a hosting site.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    I don't know what happened but I quit the game, came back a day later and it worked perfectly. Maybe a glitch. But I mined 320 points, so thank you to all who took the time and trouble to help me.
  • Options
    virtualstar3virtualstar3 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    How do you get mining claims for the mission that requires them?
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Mining claims are rare drops from opening lock boxes. You need to purchase a master key to open one. One key costs 125 Zen ($1.25 USD) or around 4.6m EC on the Exchange.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The rarity of the drop depends on how much they are stacking the loot table with fluff over the things people would actually want from the boxes.
  • Options
    virtualstar3virtualstar3 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Mining claims are rare drops from opening lock boxes. You need to purchase a master key to open one. One key costs 125 Zen ($1.25 USD) or around 4.6m EC on the Exchange.
    Sounds too expensive.