test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How soon will we see a New Enterprise 1701 G ?

There were some discussion about how the Enterprise 1701 F as a flagship is getting outdated. If this is so.. the either the 1701 F goes into a major refit, or gets blown up and we get a brand new 1701 G.
I am me, always will be.

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    When the F is destroyed. Not before.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    The F has only been around for 1yr game time, give it a break! ;)
  • seaquest42seaquest42 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    The F has only been around for 1yr game time, give it a break! ;)

umm the F been around I think going 4 years now in Real life.
    I am me, always will be.
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    1 year is far too long without an Enterprise blowing up
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    1 year is far too long without an Enterprise blowing up

Then we wouldn't be on Ent-F. We would have run out of letters back in the 23rd Century.
    The Original Enterprise went a couple decades at least, and had 3... no... 4 different Captains. April, Pike, Kirk, And I believe Spock (officially when Kirk didn't pull rank)
    Ent-A was under Kirk, probably had a few years between ST5 and ST6.
    Ent-B... we really don't know her history at all.
    Ent-C we know the ultimate fate of, but not how long she had been in service.
    Ent-D at least 7 years.
    Ent-E lasted at least 10, and had at least 2 captains (Picard and Data) according to Path to 2409.
    Ent-F is still fresh out of her crib, and already fought in one major war.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I wonder when they will get to 'z'
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    The G would probably be one of the T6 Odyssey flagships, perhaps the Sojourner. That then leaves the H and I.
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Ent-E lasted at least 10, and had at least 2 captains (Picard and Data) according to Path to 2409.

Based on info from Memory Alpha and what was mentioned in Path to 2409, The E was in service for over 35 years, which seems to be good for a ship named Enterprise.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    The Original Enterprise went a couple decades at least, and had 3... no... 4 different Captains. April, Pike, Kirk, And I believe Spock (officially when Kirk didn't pull rank)
    The generally accepted age of the first Enterprise is forty years old at destruction (2245-2285).
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    tyler002 wrote: »
    The generally accepted age of the first Enterprise is forty years old at destruction (2245-2285).

According to Fleet Admiral Marrow on ST3, the Enterprise was 20 years old and due to be dismantled after she came home from fighting the Reliant.

I am me, always will be.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    seaquest42 wrote: »

According to Fleet Admiral Marrow on ST3, the Enterprise was 20 years old and due to be dismantled after she came home from fighting the Reliant.
    that doesn't mesh with other sources though and is generally considered a mistake and we know that Constitution class Enterprise was in service in the 2250s thanks to Michael Burnham mentioning her to Cadet Tilly and she wouldn't mention a ship that wouldn't come into service in for another 10 years. Discovery is set in the mid 2250s and 20 years before 2285 would put the launch date of the Enterprise at 2265.

Also Kirk didn't pull rank in Wrath of Khan (ok maybe officially but not really) in fact he had to be talked into taking command.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Enterprise (NX class) - 10 years, from: 2151 to 2161.
    Status: Retired. Ship class made obsolete by newer designs.
    Commanding Officer: Captain Johnathan Archer.
    Temporary commanding officers: Commander T'Pol, Lieutenant Commander Tucker, Lieutenant Reed.

USS Enterprise (Constitution class) - 40 years (Unofficially), from: 2245 to 2285.
    Status: Destroyed. Self-destructed by Captain Kirk to keep it out of Klingon hands.
    Commanding Officer: Captain Chistopher Pike, Captain Kirk
    Temporary commanding officers: Captain Decker, Commander Spock, Lieutenant Commander Scott, Lieutenant Sulu.

USS Enterprise-A (Constitution class) - 7 years, from: 2286 to 2293.
    Status: Retired. Ship class made obsolete by newer designs.
    Commanding Officer: Captain Spock, Admiral Kirk.

USS Enterprise-B (Excelsior class) - 36 years (Unofficially), from: 2293 to 2329.
    Commanding Officer: Captain John Harriman, Captain Demora Sulu (unofficially), Captain Thomas Johnson Jr. (Unofficially)

USS Enterprise-C (Ambassador class) - 14 years (Unofficially), from 2330 to 2344.
    Status: Destroyed. Defending a Klingon outpost from a Romulan attack.
    Commanding Officer: Captain Rachel Garrett, Lieutenant Richard Castillo

USS Enterprise-D (Galaxy class) - 8 years, from 2363 to 2371.
    Status: Destroyed. Surprise attack by the Klingon Duras sisters.
    Commanding Officer: Captain Picard, Captain William Riker, Captain Edward Jellico
    Temporary commanding officers: Commander William Riker, Lieutenant Commander Data, Commander Beverly Crusher, Commander Shelby.

USS Enterprise-E (Sovereign class) - 36 years (Unofficially), from: 2372 to 2408.
    Status: Lost. Exploring a nebula and no contact since, ship is presumed destroyed.
    Commanding Officer: Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Captain Data (unofficially)
    Temporary commanding officers: Commander William Riker, Commander Beverly Crusher.

USS Enterprise-F (Odessey class) - 1 year (Unofficially), from 2409 to 2410
    Commanding Officer: Captain Va'kel Shon (Unofficially).

Some of the details are pulled from non-canon sources in order to try and complete the fates of the various ships and their durations to make some sense, please don't quote me on how exact as they could have no relevance to what actually happen to them. even so, the shortest confirmed duration of an Enterprise being destroyed is 7-8 years. There is still around 100 years before the USS Enterprise-J is launched. there is still another three letters left including F which makes four, thats still an easy 20-25 years on all four ships.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    Just a minor correction, USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A) was never commanded by Spock, or Kirk before his demotion, Captain Spock was the last official CO of USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), with Admiral Kirk being her temporary CO during the fight with Khan and return to earth after Spock became KIA. ENT-A had only 1 CO Kirk after he was demoted back to captain.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Just a minor correction, USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A) was never commanded by Spock, or Kirk before his demotion, Captain Spock was the last official CO of USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), with Admiral Kirk being her temporary CO during the fight with Khan and return to earth after Spock became KIA. ENT-A had only 1 CO Kirk after he was demoted back to captain.

If I recall, U.S.S. Yorktown was renamed Enterprise 1701 A at the end of ST4.

I am me, always will be.

that's the commonly accepted theory (and it was NCC-1701-A it got renamed to, not NCC-1701) but there's nothing in canon about it.

that doesn't mesh with other sources though and is generally considered a mistake and we know that Constitution class Enterprise was in service in the 2250s thanks to Michael Burnham mentioning her to Cadet Tilly and she wouldn't mention a ship that wouldn't come into service in for another 10 years. Discovery is set in the mid 2250s and 20 years before 2285 would put the launch date of the Enterprise at 2265.

Also Kirk didn't pull rank in Wrath of Khan (ok maybe officially but not really) in fact he had to be talked into taking command.

Ahh I need to correct myself, I watch that scene again with the admiral and u are correct she is 40 not 20, my bad.
    I am me, always will be.

that's the commonly accepted theory (and it was NCC-1701-A it got renamed to, not NCC-1701) but there's nothing in canon about it.

umm I did say 1701 A... just no dashes.

I am me, always will be.
    edited November 2017

thank you, it's good you spotted that. i watched the films years ago but i am aware Spock made Captain and was meant to be in command of the Enterprise but because he gave up that right to Kirk, i couldn't be sure where in the timeline it was. He didn't want that responsibility as he had other plans.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Anyway, we can't eat letters like candy because canon has it up to J in the 26th century. So the budget is 3 more Enterprises for the next 100+ years.
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Honestly, I'd prefer them to retroactively scrub the Ent-F from the game and replace it with Ent-E and pretend it was always there.

And if the end of "Survivor" is a teaser to having Data in the game, scrub Shon too.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    USS Enterprise-E (Sovereign class) - 36 years (Unofficially), from: 2372 to 2408.
    Status: Lost. Exploring a nebula and no contact since, ship is presumed destroyed.
    Temporary commanding officers: Commander William Riker, Commander Beverly Crusher.
    People need to stop posting this BS.

We know what happened to the ENT-E, it was destroyed by the Undine. Cryptic stated so years ago. It isn't presumed destroyed, it just IS destroyed. Data, and most of the ship's crew, got off before it went down.

Data is now retired, working as a teacher in like Cambridge, and spends his free time working on a new body for B4.

Hold it, time to inject some facts in here. These are the relevant entries from the path to 2409 (which bear in mind also said that Martok was killed in a duel with J'mpok. More facts can always come to light.)
    n late 2390, the U.S.S. Enterprise-E returned from a survey of the McAllister C-5 Nebula. Captain Data reported that the Enterprise found residual signs of multiple quantum singularities in the area of the nebula that corresponded to those used by a Delta Quadrant race kwown as Species 8472 to cross from their home dimension

Keyword: returned. The last entry in the path to 2409 (and most recent reference to the Enterprise-E) is this:
    After Starfleet lost contact with Starbase 236 in late September, it sent the U.S.S. Enterprise-E to investigate.

"This could be related to the war. It could be something else. It could be a simple equipment failure," Brex said. "Our primary concern is the safety of the starbase crew."

Both of these are codified in STO through both academy lore assignments, superseding any side content the devs may have made (which could have been an honest mistake.) This is what we have in the game. Neither entry says the ship was lost and I can find no citation for the STO wiki's claim that the E was destroyed by the Undine.

(That could be a mix of references. It's worth noting that Starbase 236's entry lacks any mention of the Undine both on the STO wiki and Memory Beta.)

All we know (and I can verify) is that it wasn't in service by 2409 and that Nog and Data survived their tours (thanks to episode cameos.) The E may have been destroyed in the Klingon War, by the Undine, some other mission, or just decommissioned. But I don't think there's a canon source to say exactly what happened.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Hold it, time to inject some facts in here.
    Here is the big fact you conveniently missed.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Original_Fiction#Unexpected_Honor
    Back in May 2012, Christine Thompson, the then lead writer for Cryptic, officially released a STO tie in story in Star Trek magazine called "Unexpected Honor" involving Va'Kel Shon going to meet Data on Earth after having been given command of the ENT-F. Va'Kel Shon attempts to give command to Data, beliving it is rightfully his, but Data refuses, and tells Va'Kel Shon to accept the position. During this story, the fate of the ENT-E is reveled, having been destroyed by the Undine prior to the start of the story, during their investigation of what happened to Starbase 236.

This is beyond slowpoke news here
    Conveniently? It's from 2012 and published through Star Trek magazine (which I wasn't aware of at the time, just starting STO casually then. I do remember talk some time later on the forums of the meeting (sans Ent E discussion) but in checking facts now I wanted something better than vague recollection.) Thanks for the citation (wiki provided none) but if you're looking for a source it is rather hard to verify (the text doesn't appear to be available online from a casual search, not that I don't believe you.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

We know what happened to the ENT-E, it was destroyed by the Undine. Cryptic stated so years ago. It isn't presumed destroyed, it just IS destroyed. Data, and most of the ship's crew, got off before it went down.

Data is now retired, working as a teacher in like Cambridge, and spends his free time working on a new body for B4.

I think when Mirrorchaos made the difference between official/unofficial he meant canon/non-canon. And as (IMO) good as STOs story line is; as long as its not made into a Paramount/CBS sanctioned movie/TV series its not canon.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    We know Data returned to active service by the time Sela asked to speak to someone about her mother. Also... Wasn't Robert April captain of the Enterprise before Pike?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Here is the thing, having looked up the wiki, one says the ship is lost, another says the ship is destroyed another a further page makes mention of the ship investigating a starbase, another page mentions it was lost to the undine.

all but one of them makes a direct mention to the ship being destroyed and others are vague, meaning i don't know. Do you have something more substantial to prove your point? right now until there is something more concrete, i'm having to go with lost presumed destroyed.