test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC]The Mirror Universe Invades Star Trek Online!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
The Mirror Universe is invading, and only you can defend against their attacks!

Full details here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10710674

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    As long as the 15-minute countdown can be sped up by actually doing good in this mission I don't think I'll join in this time. MUI is just too hard to stand pig-2.gif ("Firing plasma lance...")​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Yay... everybody's 'favorite'. Unchanged I presume?
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    check this fragment:
    Once a day, players will be awarded a Multidimensional Transporter for playing this event. By turning in 14 Transporters through the Reputation System, players will receive 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 Marks of Your Choice and a brand new unique ground weapon, Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols. Completing this project on any character will unlock this new weapon for all characters across your account, and additionally the other characters can still complete the project to receive the Marks and Dilithium Ore.
    Now i must do this... looks like the reward is account unlock B)
    That's a very important change.
  • gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    check this fragment:
    Once a day, players will be awarded a Multidimensional Transporter for playing this event. By turning in 14 Transporters through the Reputation System, players will receive 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 Marks of Your Choice and a brand new unique ground weapon, Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols. Completing this project on any character will unlock this new weapon for all characters across your account, and additionally the other characters can still complete the project to receive the Marks and Dilithium Ore.
    Now i must do this... looks like the reward is account unlocks B)

Yeah, THAT i like.. so, i'm there.. thou i'll love they shorten the time..
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    we can still afk this, right?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Been over a year since Crystaline event, and this is like the 3rd mirror in same time.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Mirror Invasion again? Well, I guess this really does mean that you guys are revamping the Crystalline Entity (again) since you probably don't like it that players are completing it so quickly and easily now. So I doubt you would like putting it in again as an event until you can make players take more time play the way you want them to play enjoy the experience more.

I initially put in a big old rant about the unique item was not an account unlock. THEN I finished reading the blog and saw it is indeed an account unlock. Thank you for that, it is something many players have been asking for for quite sometime. And because of that, I will now run this across a few extra alts just to improve your metrics. :)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »

I'm going to just get stuck in and send those traitors back where they came from (well the survivors :D)
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
      Who reasly needs Phaser Dual Pistols?

What is so special about that?
    • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
      I audibly groaned when I saw the news about a Mirror event.
      saber1973a wrote: »
      Completing this project on any character will unlock this new weapon for all characters across your account, and additionally the other characters can still complete the project to receive the Marks and Dilithium Ore.

Then I saw this. This is a rare welcome change. Thank you.

yjkZSeM.gif
    • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
      Depends on what the stats are for the phaser dual pistols. They aren't going to be just basic Phaser Dual Pistols.
      Previously Alendiak
      Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
      Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
      Completing this project on any character will unlock this new weapon for all characters across your account, and additionally the other characters can still complete the project to receive the Marks and Dilithium Ore.

4usPbEU.gif

RF6BtUa.gif​​
      ExtxpTp.jpg
    • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
      edited November 2017
      Ugh, the worst event grind is back. At least they finally made the item reward an account unlock.
      thay8472 wrote: »

I hope so. Unless they fix this event, it's not worth hitting Spacebar. ;)
    • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
      I want a bolt-beam pistol combo that fires wide-beams as expose attack and compression bolts as exploit attacks... BTW, when is the Sompek shoota going to be made account-wide?
    • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
      edited November 2017
      Account unlock? THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
      LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
    • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
      Finally! An Account-Unlock! !!! THANK YOU !!! :)
      18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    • zuigje010zuigje010 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
      Why the horrific Mirror event again this year?

Where is the CE event, I rather have that, fast and more fun!
    • betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
      Yeah, I'm going to pass this MI. The mission last to long, me and my team are waiting for five mins, till the boss comes threw the finale rift. Thanks, but no thanks.
    • zeluthaszeluthas Member Posts: 35 Arc User
      The account unlock is a very welcome change! I hope it stays that way for all of the events in the future.
    • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
      They had better streamline this like they did The Breach, otherwise it's 3 hours a day for 10 toons!
    • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
      Oh my god thank you so much for making this an account unlock. If any existing event needed this, it was Mirror Invasion. Seriously, this is an awesome change for the better.
    • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
      totenmet wrote: »
      Who reasly needs Phaser Dual Pistols?

What is so special about that?

They'll probably have a unique model . proc or both. If you don't want them, don't do the event. I mean you can say the same about most of the stuff from these events. Only maybe the Crystalline Spike and the Cochrane Shotgun are really very good.
      This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
      poopie - i was going to go all in for Crystal :(
      Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
      Will the guns heal the user. ;) Man, talk about power creep​​
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      For all those touting perma-death, friendly fire, and the like to make the game 'challenging' and more 'realistic', let's make it more realistic by having consequences for not following your orders and defend the station. Anyone taking their ship out to the Oort Cloud to party while the station is under attack in the first phase is guilty of dereliction of duty.

To be challenging and realistic, the Character will be reduced in rank three levels. They will not be able to use any ships, equipment, or weapons at their previous rank until they have reacheived that rank. You will not be able to earn and accumulate new Dilitium or EC until you reachieve your original rank (simulates forfeiture of pay).

There's your realism.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
      edited November 2017
      So you do a SPACE mission to get GROUND reward like phser pistols. I find that strange. Would have expected some nice and very usefull console for my space ship as reward, for having to repeat a space missons a couple of days. At least some great for a space ship.

So why some ground weapon as reward? And in such case why then not a ground PVE to earn it?
    • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
      Glad it’s an account unlock. My plate is full of stuff to grind.