test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there an official reason that has been made public on why there isn't a race reroll in the game?

I have for years had this character that I never play any more, because I don't like the species I initially picked for it.

I've also played Champions Online and Neverwinter Online and those two games have had character rerolls for as long as I can remember.

Have anyone seen an official reason posted either in a post or a video by Cryptic (please provide a link)?

I can understand that it might be tricky to make a complete reroll where we could change faction as well as race. But only changeing race should be easier, no? Especially since we are encouraged to buy more species unlocks from the C-store. I would be willing to pay for a race reroll token in the C-store for sure. Even if it only changed the species, not the skills, or career. Just as I know from doing many searches on this topic (without finding an official answer to the question) that a lot of other players would do as well.

Answers

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, many times over the years. Along with Captain class.
    You can probably find many threads about it if you use the forum search tool.

Edit: Going a bit further.. something about the traits being locked to your character, and some other reasons which I can't recall atm (its still early here).
    I'm sure someone around here can give you a more precise answer.

Pretty sure @tacofangs has commented on it in a past thread.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    This game messes up a Captain Name change....and it is a paid for Token in the Zen store, at that.
    I wouldn't trust any other changes made to a character to come out right.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The only correct answer is, "because they don't think creating one would be profitable enough."
  • qbsneakqbsneak Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Personally, I'd rather see the option to change careers rather than species. When I first started playing, I pretty much rolled engineers. I've leveled all of my characters to max but would like to try out science and tactical without having to spend weeks grinding a new character up to Admiral. A career change is something I'd be willing to pay Zen for.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It would be Cultural Appropriation and that is frowned upon these days. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    mattachine wrote: »
    I have for years had this character that I never play any more, because I don't like the species I initially picked for it.

I've also played Champions Online and Neverwinter Online and those two games have had character rerolls for as long as I can remember.
    Except Champions Online does not have real species rerolls because it has no species selection to begin with. You start with a human/living human doll and you dress it up/mutate it the way you wish and you can change it at will. One day it'll be a big demon, the other it can be a tiny fairy. Also, you can't change the character's sex.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1