test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updating the Phoenix box

I have no idea if we will see the Phoenix boxes appear again soon, but for when that happens, I'd like to make a small request.

Could we get a fully upgraded box? One that contains all the otherwise no-longer obtainable items from events, episodes and such?

I'm mainly thinking about the Voth Furiadon fangs and the Kobali uniform right now. And I'm sure there are other items that other players wish to see in this box.
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

Comments

• tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    Don't forget the tholian radiation gun
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    tremere12 wrote: »
    Don't forget the tholian radiation gun

Excellent suggestion. Another example of a fun and unique weapon that I'd like to see available at all times. Or at least more often than now, whenever a Phoenix box event happens.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    I'd like the I.S.S. Stadi admiralty card added, seeing how only 1 of my characters has it, been waiting forever on that.

Also, maybe eventually, stuff like the Mirror Guardian, Mirror Danube and some of those launch era items like the Neodymium Deflector Array just for fun.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I highly doubt Cryptic will update it to include "everything". From a business point of view, slowly rolling out additional prizes over time encourages players to continuously purchase Phoenix Prize Packs and drain excess refined dilthium from the economy over a much longer period of time when these events occur. Though I am sure there are players like me who will simply buy these just for the upgrade kits because we already have everything we want.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Legacy launch items like the Neodymium Deflector and Phaser Satellite Turret Console would be crazy cool.

And yes, they really should add some of those newer event items to it. They gave us a weekend event store for items we may have otherwise missed, but there's still a lot in the game that is flat out unobtainable these days.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Probably will be next year before there's another Phoenix Box event...
    But, yeah, I'd LOVE a chance at the Kobali uniform (computer problems kept me from it when "Dust To Dust" had its FE run) and the I.S.S. Stadi Admiralty card.

I can understand them having a delay period, similar to how it's at least one or two lock boxes after one is discontinued before its items are added to the Infinity LB, for adding items from events to the Phoenix Box, but after a couple years it should be okay to make them part of it...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I wish I had an epic token, I would buy the Nandi.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Looking at when the ships get added, it looks like they want to keep things out of the Phoenix box for a year. When it launched, there was one thing that was in it that was newer than a year old, and one that was well over a year old that wasn't in it, which I suspect was a mistake. However, the Stadi card should have been in the most recent one by this measure, since the event that first had it had ended over a year before the Phoenix box started this last time, but it wasn't. I'm willing to believe that was an oversight, and that the next run will have it, and probably the Crystal Radiation Projector. Depending on when it runs, there might also be the Chel Boalg (presumably after mid-January) and the Lukari Science Vessel (presumably by the end of February) though those projected dates on the ships might be a little late if they go by when the ship was introduced, rather than when the event ended.

I would also hope for the ship emotes to be put in there, since I doubt they're ever going to be put in the GPL store, like they talked about doing when they introduced the things. They should go in the GPL store, just like the Kobali outfit should just be made a permanent part of Dust to Dust, but I would settle for having them in the Phoenix box.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    How about just a RNG update to where it doesn't take 2-3 million dil to get an UR or Epic token?

I don't much bother with the phoenix boxes, for the simple fact that the RNG is pure and utter trash.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    How about just a RNG update to where it doesn't take 2-3 million dil to get an UR or Epic token?

I don't much bother with the phoenix boxes, for the simple fact that the RNG is pure and utter trash.

Same here, I never actually open them for a ship, mainly for the Phoenix upgrade tokens and some of the lower prizes (Tanius card, some emotes, crtystalline console and torpedo especially).

The chances of winning a ship are very low, too low imo. Those who are interested in a ship still have almost no chance to get one and that's not a good thing I think.

• daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    Good ideea !
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

Same here, I never actually open them for a ship, mainly for the Phoenix upgrade tokens and some of the lower prizes (Tanius card, some emotes, crtystalline console and torpedo especially).

The chances of winning a ship are very low, too low imo. Those who are interested in a ship still have almost no chance to get one and that's not a good thing I think.

That's just it. I am interested in some of the ships. The risian ones and the freighter, for example. But I'm not throwing what roughly equates to 200 or 300 dollars at the game for one of them.

I may not be the sharpest hammer in the tool shed. But, I'm definitely not stupid enough to fall for that rip off.
    Mm5NeXy.gif