test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Windows 10 Game DVR can adversely affect Star trek Gameplay

grayhyouse1967grayhyouse1967 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
If You do not know already Win 10 has it is own game recorder built in called Game DVR.

This can be accessed two ways;
1) InGame by holding windows key then G key, ( this option is how to also start recording when in game) or
2) out of game by going to settings, click on gaming then select Game DVR from side menu.

The second option is the better of the two when setting up as it show all options; rec frame rate, video and sound quality and system and michone levels.

However one feature you might want to disable is "record in the background while I'm playing the game".
This option will detect STO is running and recording in background whether or not you use this feature.
This option when on can affect the quality of game play, so best turn off.

Grayhouse

Comments

• Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Worst idea since Cortana... Also a great way to fill your harddrive or cloud storage so you have to buy more space.
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Oh man, I didn't even think about this. I had it turned on after the last creators update this last week, and it might explain why I log in , play 10 seconds, and then disconnect for the last few days.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Once it runs on my PC it also messes with some other applications after I've used it, until I restart.

If you decide to use it instead of a good recorder I'd suggest rebooting after using it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I've used it to record lots of stuff, but yeah, never tell it to record automatically.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Turns out I had the recording stuff off, But I had turned on that built in anti cheat proggy. Turned it off, and STO ran quite a bit sooner.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    cant find it, where is it? o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    hold down the window button and push g
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg