Wish #1: Admiral uniforms for all! I understand that the uniforms are a cash grab, but aren't you severely limiting yourself? From what I have read, the Odyssey Admiral uniforms are only available to those who are veterans of a crazy amount of days or life time subscribers. I doubt very many people are going to shell out say $100 plus just to don the uniform. However, someone might be willing to pay say $2 to $5. In fact, I would wager that those willing to pay ~$5 far outweigh the former. Over the long term I see the ~$5 option being more profitable. Fact: I'm cheap. I very rarely spend money online. I haven't spent a dollar in STO. But if the uniforms became available, I'd pay. See? You are already $5 ahead.
Wish #2: If I do not have an item equipped on my crew or ship, I can sell it on the exchange. I do not know why an item has to be bound to my character or account especially when I no longer need or want the item. Purchase inventory slots cash grab? Likely reason. I often hesitate to upgrade an item because I know I won't get a salvage value. Why upgrade from a Mk V to a Mk VI when the benefit isn't that significant and I'll just need to discard the Mk V that I spent credits on? I may as well keep the Mk V, but where is the fun in that? I'd love to constantly upgrade my crew and ship if I weren't in my point-of-view penalized.
Wish #3: Are you familiar with PlayStation Home? If not, it was a huge online social gathering where people could very easily talk to each other. You could hang out at different venues, play games, even have an apartment and invite people over for a party. How awesome would this be?! Party at the Admiral's house - uniforms optional! A beautiful apartment overlooking San Fransisco Bay is just want the medical hologram ordered after beating the blood wine out of klingons. I think the social interactions should also include a direct exchange. Anyone visiting the, oh I don't know...let's call it the Expanse, can say, "Hi. I've got a thingy for sale. Anyone interested let's talk." Another player responds, "Yes, I'd like to discuss the item for sale". The interested parties negotiate a fair price (unless you are Ferengi) and the transaction is complete. Instant gratification. Kind of like a replicator, right?
Well those are my wishes although not all inclusive. These are just the top of my list. Agree? Disagree? What wishes do you have?
1: Account wide stuff
For example, instead of 11 reputations for each character, have it account wide where all characters can contribute/get benefits. Think of this concept as mini fleet but for your account. I do recognize they have been making improvements in this area but the game doesn't scale well for multiple characters.
While I can think of a lot of objections to why this would be difficult to transition to, there are a lot of reasons why this would improve the game. for example, I have been in many pugs where a few team members are really weighing down the team and they say "sorry, this is my alt and I don't have anything unlocked on them"
2: Accolade overhaul
Add earned/unearned filter to UI where ones that aren't even started can be seen as greyed out. Add a description of how to get. Bring back most retired ones to make them achievable.
For something someone else says that I didn't think of right now.
*Disclaimer: this is not intended as a complaint post as I am satisfied with the game. Just some wishes I have.
Still I don't think it's a big deal cause the Federation have so many uniform options to purchase if you so choose. The Klingons & Romulan's are far more limited in their uniform options. Thankfully Klingons have Honor Guard Tailor Armor unlocks part of the Omega Reputation; just wished Romulan REP gave a Republic Tactical 3 piece Armor Tailor unlock.
As for Wish #2 'the Bind option' it's a likely a necessary evil so you need to decide what you want to use or keep for later; without it the exchange would be flooded and far more items worth a lot less.
As for Wish #3 'many do this' by creating unique or fun maps using the Foundry.
2# ship part sets added to the cstore
3# '' away teams'' in space
2: Massively cull the queues. There is no need for 97.
3: Make Lobi/lockbox rewards account bound.
Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
2 Open up the player housing in the central spire at ESD. Come on you guys spent the time on building it, let us use it.
3 Redo the foundry builder interface. Give us a 3d builder so we dont have to keep popping into and out of the maps to build them.
Fleet leader Nova Elite
Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
STO is an MMO, and gear binding on equip or acquire is a standard thing for MMOs. Only one I've played that didn't have this was Star Wars Galaxies at launch, but it was eventually added to that game as well.
2. Build a leveling and end game content game.
3. No free to play, sub only.
Alone she sleeps in the shirt of man with my three wishes clutched in her hand
The first that she be spared the pain that comes from a dark and laughing rain
when she finds love may it always stay true
this I beg for the second wish I may too
but wish no more
my life you can take
to have her please just one day wake
to have her please just one day wake
to have her please just one day wake
One non-consumable master key.
A briefcase with $20M dollars in it.
Another briefcase with $20M dollars in it.
2) space weapon visual slots
3) some way to purchase an account unlock for a lockbox/promo/Lobi ship
2. More KDF stuff
3. More KDF stuff
2. The three TOS lock box ships (still working on getting them, maybe someday)
3. Replace my holodeck toons with the ones I have on tribble (We are making wishs, so why not )
1. T6 Vor'cha
2. Either Starship Mastery Traits are unlocked automatically when a ship is purchased or they are account unlocked after levelling on one toon (Forgot how grindy this is now they nerfed the Borg and Tholian Red Alerts after creating a new toon this week and levelling half a dozen ships)
3. Focus on more content and a PvE revival. It's great to have new ships released but content since AOY has really slowed down and PvE is played a lot less since season 13's rebalance.
4. Ability to select the mods you want when crafting
5. No more random mods when upgrading, allow us to have that crtdx3 pen instead of leaving it to chance.
6. Quality Control properly test content before releasing it. If it is in testing on Tribble and multiple player feedback identifies its bugged or broken, delay the release until its fixed.
7. More proactive bug fixing as in if a bug is identified it must be fixed within 3 months of discovery. Not left in game for years.
Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
T6 Shenzhou / Walker Class
More exploration content
1) give a quality pass on early missions. The shuttle landing/launching on Vulcan for the second Fed mission is terrible.
2) Turn Tacofangs loose on everything graphics. From shuttle interiors to making new clothing assets.
3) If you are going to keep dropping new abilities on us all the time. Ship, ground, space etc. Let us buy more slots to use them from the C-store. 4 base slots and then an unending wave of new abilities feels silly.
Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
Network engineers are not ship designers.
Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
Oh you asked for a second briefcase for me. Aww... That was so NICE of you dracounguis - thank you!
Just such a kind gesture brings a tear to my eye.
part one.. you CAN negotiate buying stuff via zone chat and private message..
as for your party.. Club 47 on ESD is very nice
another 3 wishes
Easier to carry stuff if balanced load. One briefcase per hand. Sorry, giving one to you would mess that up.
If they ever did this. I think I'd die from a a heart attack brought on by sheer joy(or at least lay in the floor and twitch like I was having a heart attack for a few hours. Then recover and get to work.)
My response is basically to wish 2. The reason things are locked to you once you use/equip them is for account security. In the rare circumstance that someone gains access to your account, this prevents them from steal the items and transferring it to themselves.....and yes, this has happened before.
2. Vanity slot for energy weapon colors. Whenever I see the red terran disruptor against the green I rage a little.
3. Expand Qonos space dock to have a bank.
I am a simple man.
I Support Disco | Disco is Love | Disco is Life
2) More TOS Designed Starships
3) The ability to add TOS Nacelles to just about any ship we want.
I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
1: A way to get Lobi without having to open lockboxes.
2: Better interiors for ships. (This covers about a quarter of my list)
3: Make missions that are KDF or Fed specific during the whole game. While it is nice to be able to do things as an alliance, each member group is still going to have things that are specific to that faction.
2: Do away with the idea of sector space and make the entire game map continuous and open to PVP.
3: Make the game map territory capturable by other factions on event days so that the FED/KDF/ROM/CAR can grow or shrink on the game map.