test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing: Halloween Adventure Zone

usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
It will be known as the great “Pumpkin Patch of 2017,” a chance for you to team with other Captains in one of Q’s latest attempts at debauchery: STO’s Halloween Adventure Zone.

Choose from one of several new outfits at the tailor in order to access the Zone: Vampire, Zombie, Ghost, Tentacled Creature, Mummy, or David S. Pumpkins to gain entrance to the Graveyard at Wolf 359.

In space, fly from ship to ship, trick or treating the derelict hulks, earning food that will create various horror tribbles such as Nightmare Tribbles and The Tribble of Doom.

Trick or Treating introduces your favorite, a new mini game based on the Omega Particle collector. Instead of Omega Particles your Captain will collect candies, and instead of a collector you will see one of the plastic pumpkin buckets of your youth. Collect enough candies and you will be rewarded a popcorn ball which can be traded in for additional costume unlocks at the tailor.

But be careful! Too much candy and your Captain will have to visit the dentist for a toothache.

Each derelict ship contains a unique ground map themed around a particular Halloween theme. Enter the USS Krueger and watch your nightmares become a reality as you attempt to find the mastermind of a nefarious plot. Enter the USS Vorhees and attempt to escape the onslaught of a machete wielding Gorn who wants to feast on your soul. Find special tombstones located throughout the Zone to unravel Q’s mystery and unlock new accolades.

“Kurland here. We’ve got reports of interdimensional ghost-like beings holding federation crews from the famed battle of Wolf 359. Long thought dead, these crews must be captured inside containment traps (aka ghost busted) and returned to HQ for analysis. With your help we can return the officers thought destroyed by Locutus of Borg to their families.”

Borg leftover from the battle have found a new way to assimilate the knowledge of their foes: by consuming their brains! Join the warriors of the Klingon Empire as they clear brain eating Borg from the remnants of a Borg cube. You’ll need a specialized bone batleth in order to bypass their defenses, and luckily the ghost of clone Kahless has plenty to spare for able bodied warriors.

Each day, players who participate and complete either the trek or treat mini game or a mission onboard one of the derelict ships will be rewarded with a special item, Bag of Peanuts. Earn 14 Bags of Peanuts and you will gain access to a new T6 crossfaction ship, the Giant Pumpkin. This ship, which uses a holographic projector to appear as though it is a giant pumpkin, boasts new weapons and the Sugar Rush Console. Activating the Sugar Rush console adds an instant increase of 200 to all power levels.

Ready for fright night? Then join us when the event kicks off on October 29, lasting until November 15.

Any questions?

Someday.
Post edited by usskentucky on

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Any questions?

Who are you?

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    At first, seeing the title, I started thinking "Oh my, are the devs making something cool for Halloween?", in the middle of the thought, I saw a name not belonging to a Cryptic employee, this was a mean click-bait title.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    It’s not clickbait, it’s creative opportunity waiting to happen.
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    It's far too late to suggest anything in time, but even if you did, it seems to fall on deaf ears since Cryptic never wants to do any spooky related events outside of Hearts and Minds, which I'm honestly tired of by now.

It's a slight shame since this is one of my few favorite times of the year, but it's fine. I always get my Halloween fix from movies and other games. I guess that's sort of the reason why this month is one of those times when I barely log in.
    SP9Pu.gif
    As for OP's idea, it would be my favorite event bar none.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Yes, but the T6 ship should be called "The Great Pumpkin"

And play the Peanuts music when you are on the bridge. And have a hanger that launches Red Barons.
    Now we’re talkin
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There's a lot of holidays they could do events for...but don't.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User

Choose from one of several new outfits at the tailor in order to access the Zone: Vampire, Zombie, Ghost, Tentacled Creature, Mummy, or David S. Pumpkins to gain entrance to the Graveyard ar Wolf 359.

Any questions?

Thatsquagmire.png
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Trek or Treat 2018

Make it so

*Standing Ovation*
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It's far too late to suggest anything in time, but even if you did, it seems to fall on deaf ears since Cryptic never wants to do any spooky related events outside of Hearts and Minds, which I'm honestly tired of by now.

It's a slight shame since this is one of my few favorite times of the year, but it's fine. I always get my Halloween fix from movies and other games. I guess that's sort of the reason why this month is one of those times when I barely log in.

Wasn't Bonnie-kin introduced during Halloween?
    starkaos wrote: »

Wasn't Bonnie-kin introduced during Halloween?

I think it was released near it, but it's not an actual event. Sure it fits with the month, but I can't recall how many times I've replayed it across all my alts during any arbitrary time of the year. Me calling Hearts and Minds an event is being rather generous as well. When I think of events, I think of the summer/winter events. I think of what Guild Wars 2 and World of Warships do during October. I get that the STO dev team is a lot smaller, but it doesn't stop me from spending my time on other things.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I think you can do this Event on Neverwinter, already.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I could see something interesting for the lower levels of drozanna at halloween, but using wolf 359 feels a bit disrespectful.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would love to see them create a pair of howleen events one in game fallowing a style like the summer and winter events with a adventure zone. Than having a more online foundry-type mission contest that have players create a mission using a pre-set theme, that than over the course of a week or the month was played/voted by/on by the playerbase each year.

I have my own ideas of using the Hur'q alongside the Fek'Ihri, and some newer minions they might have created to deal with the Federation/Romulan. While the zone might be on a world that has ruins that resemble the homes/structures monsters/demons of different races in their mythology used, while thru studying an investigating it is found that there is a facility under the ruins that might be linked to the Hur'q. Add in a raiding group fo the creatures as a stf or red alert and I could play that even longer than the other events.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I thought your idea was very creative.

Heck I'd even be happy if they brought back the old Tribble mission from the DS9 Arc if they made a version for both faction's... One for the Klingon's where they Raid the planet and Station, if only they added a larger lower level and they proceeded to cut power at various stages, then conduct experiments and neutered tribbles to stop their incessant breeding. It could be hosted at the Klingon Academy Holodeck telling the tail of when Klingon's raided the station a memento of past glory.

The Fed's could then host a holodeck program that shows them fighting to save the tribble's research station from the Klingon's and restore power to both the upper and larger lower level of the station. It could be made scary especially if the larger lower level was similar to drozanna being dark with Klingon's jumping out from behind the shadow's...

Also possibly an opportunity to introduce or earn or find a few new tribble breed's and or maybe earn a few very rare unique duty officer's from time to time. Still I like the original idea as well as it would be nice to see Q introduce a few event's that introduced a little more mystery or unusual shenanigans to keep us on our toes...

Sadly I just don't think either has much chance of taken off - it be nice to have something to alternate from a times Heart's and Minds is just a bit short. But the least they could do is give us a very rare Clone to obtain on future run thru's.
    0zxlclk.png
    Thanks for the feedback. This has gotten a lot better response than my proposal for the Fairhaven Adventure Zone, which devolved into arguments about race and politics. Halloween, unlike other holidays, brings people together.
  • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback. This has gotten a lot better response than my proposal for the Fairhaven Adventure Zone, which devolved into arguments about race and politics. Halloween, unlike other holidays, brings people together.

And that's what they said abot Columbus day as well.. Your Halloween Zone is a really great idea.. .

However, I take issue with the location. IMHO, Wolf 359 would not be the place for this. Canon, and most folks hold that sector with reverence. I personally don't even like the Omega particles there.

On the upside - Why Not Drozana ?? It already has "ghosts" of a sort and I'd really like to be able to scare the hades out of that high-pitched-whiney Ferengi that welcomes you to the station !!!!

tyvm..
    Drozana is a great location given that ghosts already live there, but I would still like to incorporate a ship graveyard to use for trek or treating and different maps.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    And then Cryptic has to start handing out bottled water to the devoutly religious camped outside their HQ...​​
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Make it "The Great Gornkin", so appease zone chatters