test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Different Skant color palettes

dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
The color palette used for the top and the bottom are different. You can't get the same red, for example, on both pieces! I mean, thanks for the free outfit, but really? You can't do something simple like making both pieces use the same color palette?

Comments

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Would be nice, yes.
    Frankly I wouldn't mind being able to use a belt as well.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Yes, surprised the palettes are different from each other.

Trying it out some more, my Fed Alien Male Captain has the mismatched palette. My Female Trill BOFF has better matching palette. My Fed Human BOFF has the same mismatched palette as my Male Captain.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Cryptic should make it easy on themselves... just have 1 color palette for everything. Just take the 2 (3?) they have now and put them together.
  • jansil#1393 jansil Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Not just the Color palette. The Top is in two different spots depending on the characters. Either Jacket - Tight (Male Captain), or Jacket - Loose (Most BOFFs). I noticed it was in Both spots on one of my Captains as well.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I can understand different palettes for certain different... themes, let us say - bright neon colors on swimwear or off-duty clothes is one thing, but not likely to be seen on actual uniforms. But having three different palettes (minimum! Enterprise, TWOK and Discovery, for example) just for one faction's uniforms gets to the ridiculous edge of things. How do they expect people to figure out that, oh, O15 on one palette corresponds to B3 on another, seriously?

...And even when they use the same color palette, there's times where they 'tone' the pieces so they don't match. I was working with the Discovery uniform on a character earlier; they use the same palette (a completely different one from most other uniforms, I'll throw out there, making mixing and matching pieces that much harder) but the Discovery top is actually a shade darker than the Discovery bottom, so if one uses F8 on both, they don't match - the top has to be F9 to match an F8 bottom.

Supplemental, 10-23; Has anyone else seen the new Tribble Notes? There's supposed to be some changes involved specifically to the Skant palette...
    Post edited by turbomagnus on
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I keep hoping for a stealth fix to this whenever I've logged in.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • t5universet5universe Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Agreed, one palette for everything is better and easier, plus it gives more room for creativity.