test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Continues Episode 10/11

irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Ten Forward
Last episode of Star Trek Continues, part one below with part two coming in mid-November.

Possibly their best yet. Their usual attention to detail right down to TOS lighting and camerawork (and acting - on purpose :)) featuring guest stars Nicola Bryant (Dr Who), Cas Anvar (The Expanse) and Mark Meer (Mass Effect's Commander Shepard) plus a surprise or two I won't spoil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCBuaTnDsQs

Other episodes http://www.startrekcontinues.com/episodes.html
Post edited by irm1963 on

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    The production value on these are always great.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I've never seen continues despite reading of good things about it. Mostly because of the duration between episodes was enough to temper any interest accordingly. With it coming to an end, am currently going through episode 1, it seems fairly consistent with TOS for sure, including the short but dramatic death scenes.

Think i will go through it tomorrow and find out how good it is.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    First couple's a little rough, but it's worth sticking with.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Better stuff here than in Discovery, imo.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I like it.
    Started watching a couple of weeks ago.
    Just watched the latest episode last night, very well done.

Shame they can't make anymore.

Ah well...
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Some of the episodes are really good. Others are sooo mind numbingly dull. The latter outnumber the former but the former stick in your mind more.

Just like TOS.

And unlike other fanfilms or series this one dosn't throw stupid over-important plots or concepts into the mix that would have effects outside of their show and into the main one. It just nicely fills the gaps between TOS and TMP.

Also, I'm really amused to see the TMP uniforms phased into Starfleet command and Kirk's reaction to them pig-2.gif.
    I wonder how anybody got Scotty or Bones into a pair of onesie jimjams pig-47.gif.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    I've gotten through four episodes so far. Unfortunately Vic Mignogna captured the TOS theme a little too well, so episode 2 and 4 were quite dull to watch, i enjoyed watching episode 3 though with the mirror universe crew.

Gonna see Episode 5 soon, find out if that is worth watching.
  • Options
    It's out, link to the rest in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29L8P1XwnaA
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    "He didn't even remember my middle name..."

Well played, Vic. Well played. :smiley:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    After going through the episodes, a few of them were not that great, but the last episodes filled in a certain sense of completion and the reason for the departure of Spock, Bones as well as the promotion of Kirk and the reason for why the final Consistition class ship was upgraded.

Nice to see a bit of consistency with the Romulans, the ambitious sub-commander playing his part in events, as well as McKenna on hers. A good ending and Vic Mignogna it did well.

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Mark Meer is not Commander Shepard, Jennifer Hale is. :P
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/