test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance on all platforms next Tuesday, 10/17

Comments

• thebigbadmrjthebigbadmrj Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    geezerpunk wrote: »
    Duke Nukem Forever started development in 1996. In 2001, after the years of users asking when it will be finished 3D realms put out an official press statement that made the release date: "When it's done".

It was officially released in 2011.

still wasn't really done, was it...

• alegzanderadyalegzanderady Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Am assuming that American server has the most players at any given time. So yes, there is peak hours.

ps, love the list

It almost half a day maintenance to which you can add the Arc maintenance before the game one .. so yea you'll have peak hours somewhere

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    It looks like PS4 is going to be extended for a bit longer. PC should be back soon.
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    It was, but people had 15+ years of "Head Hype" to invision what it was going to be, and all the cool features that it was going to have.

After all that time being talked about, dreamed about, and having people imagine what the game play would be like. I don't think that any game could have lived up to expectations. In a lot of ways I see Star Citizen starting to have the same problems. That what they have shown so far looks so good, and shows so much promise; that it may be impossible to live up to the Hype that exists in most peoples mind, of what the finished product will be like.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    PWE/Cryptic has always been rather incompetent when it comes to estimating their maintenance times. They should simply not mention an end-time at all, so as to not tick ppl off when they inevitable can't keep their schedule.

Not upset, btw: all of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again. When maintenance goes towards the midnight hours, however, for Europeans, this effectively means STO is down for you an entire day or so. That's probably too long. But maintenance is always calculated on an 'America First' basis; so, yeah.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I don't mind, too much, the extended maintenance. I look at it as, hopefully, Cryptic is really trying to fix certain issues with the game(s). Not much difference between this type of lengthy maintenance & the daily patch after daily patch after daily patch approach besides the cadence of it. I prefer Cryptic communicating, even negative news, compared to no communication at all which Cryptic sometimes does too. I'm also crossing my fingers that Cryptic will finally be fixing my account with this huge maintenance patch. Work on, Cryptic, work on.
  • starchild#2341 starchild Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Now Maintanance is till 3:30pm now how conveniant, what a waste of my day, sick at home i go out no ughhhhhhh. The game Server maintanance people suck at their jobs, lets get someone who can do a faster job and not waste my day.

Hurry up and finish maintanance, no more ZEN buying thats for sure. Punishmnet for failure will be taken.
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    If I count correctly, I need to add two hours to the launcher and that means that there can be played around 0h30 West European time. However, night work is being required to update the holdings. When is Europe going to say "Europe first and then the rest of the world" This really gets very annoying those extensions in so-called maintenance.?
  • thewyldebosiethewyldebosie Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I love the entitlement people have these days. Take a chill pill and do something else whilst you wait.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Must be nice to be able to 'move the goalposts' whenever you feel like it and know you won't suffer any consequences other than a few angry forum posts. I'd love to be able to tell my customers that I'm opening hours late w/o any explanation or consequences. Let's get Cryptic moved to the east coast, then they won't be 3-7hrs behind most people in their workday.

Or just go all the way and tell people in advanced that everything will be down for 24hrs. Then people can make other plans instead of being constantly told "we're almost done!" but the entire day is wasted AND Cryptic has the time they obviously need to change the vacuum tubes in their servers.
  • jansil#1393 jansil Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I love the entitlement people have these days. Take a chill pill and do something else whilst you wait.

All the Russians need to get back to RMT... it's cutting into their botting/profits.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I hope we are getting a Pet Tab after this. I have too many Vanity Pets in my bank that I'm not willing to chuck out the airlock.

Would be nice for some "Free" colony provisions. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • luke5412#3423 luke5412 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    So this is my day off of work and fully understood that the game would be down for a while so I made it house cleaning day. Figured it would be up and running by the time I was done. But no. This is ridiculous. Taking too long people....
  • boh#3136 boh Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @dracounguis said:
    > Must be nice to be able to 'move the goalposts' whenever you feel like it and know you won't suffer any consequences other than a few angry forum posts. I'd love to be able to tell my customers that I'm opening hours late w/o any explanation or consequences. Let's get Cryptic moved to the east coast, then they won't be 3-7hrs behind most people in their workday.

Exactly on point, good sir
  • om3ga13om3ga13 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Since most people are complaining I will too for out of sheer boredom. It shouldn't take this long! We better have a new race to be able to play and a new faction! Give us more missions! When will we get to be level 70/80 and will we get to command other ships along with our one we fly? when will we be able to control our first officer? Why can't we board other people's ships and take them as a trophy? Well off to go do other things now, keep up the good work!
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    [Tweet from Star Trek Online]

Star Trek Online (@trekonlinegame)
    PC and PS4 maintenance is likely to be extended - possibly for a few more hours due to technical issues beyond our control.
    Twitter

More good news, if we can play tomorrow and then Thursday's maintenance. Fingers crossed will be it
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    All right, sadly, it looks like PC and PS4 are going to be extended again. Possibly for a few hours.

I'm really sorry about this, guys, it's technical stuff that we have no control over, but thank you for being patience and for your lighthearted responses in this thread.
  • hellspawn041#6825 hellspawn041 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    om3ga13 wrote: »
    Since most people are complaining I will too for out of sheer boredom. It shouldn't take this long! We better have a new race to be able to play and a new faction! Give us more missions! When will we get to be level 70/80 and will we get to command other ships along with our one we fly? when will we be able to control our first officer? Why can't we board other people's ships and take them as a trophy? Well off to go do other things now, keep up the good work!

Never underestimate the tenacity of bored gamers. We want our game! LOL
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Wrong. This is/was server maintenance, not game maintenance . It affects every single one of their games, not just STO. Nothing was EVER said about any bugs being fixed.

Nope ... Champions Online is up .... So it is not on all games ....
  • badkamikaze#1226 badkamikaze Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > All right, sadly, it looks like PC and PS4 are going to be extended again. Possibly for a few hours.
    >
    > I'm really sorry about this, guys, it's technical stuff that we have no control over, but thank you for being patience and for your lighthearted responses in this thread.

Let the rage begin!!!!! >:)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    All right, sadly, it looks like PC and PS4 are going to be extended again. Possibly for a few hours.

I'm really sorry about this, guys, it's technical stuff that we have no control over, but thank you for being patience and for your lighthearted responses in this thread.

Hey, why not go all in and announce a 100% off flash sale that ends 2mins before you get the servers are back up. :# That way you can be sure to anger everybody.
  • hellspawn041#6825 hellspawn041 Member Posts: 23 Arc User

FREE KEYS FOR EVERYONE, I SAY! hehe Did it work?
  • alissalenoiralissalenoir Member Posts: 9 New User
    extended a hour hours again -.- The "start" button is super hard to push.... Time to find a new game to go spend my money on that has devs actually doing maint, and starting their business back up...
  • winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps

Nooooooooooooo :(
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
  • ryneman#3249 ryneman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Any news or announcements from the Devs would go a long way for the community.

By the way, I wonder if they are hiring? Seems like deadlines, time constraints or motivation play no role in their work ethics.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    What will be the effect from this long maintance?
  • capone001#7972 capone001 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    while yea i guess we all get things happen and times will change ive seen one of the biggest issues with these games minus a few is that for companies that are considered in the "tech industry" they really have no concept of what proper maintenance is. I work in the tech field and you best know nothing and i mean absolutely nothing would ever be deployed onto live servers without first being put into a test environment and fully tested and vetted. If thats been done and then still an issue then i can fully understand that something wonky happened beyond their control.
  • the0nlykyd#6913 the0nlykyd Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @totenmet said:
    > What will be the effect from this long maintance?

Nothing that you'll notice.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Hmmm... sometimes a mistake is a mistake.

Sometimes it is more.

Three hour extension.

I called my mom, I met my wife for coffee (well, pho soup), and took my kids to lunch (not pho soup). I watered my greenhouse, snipped burrs off my dogs, hand waved my cows back to the rear pasture. But then I do these things daily.

So I pull up the launcher. This extension is Groucho Marx funny... like open face mockery funny. "Say the magic woid"​​
  • mruling#4273 mruling Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    if(dev$mode = devops) {print("Good luck you guys!")} else
    if(dev$mode != devops && ops$contract = outsourced) {print("Change your vendor!")}
This discussion has been closed.