test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance on all platforms next Tuesday, 10/17

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I am not asking for an exact nanosecond estimate, but a ballpark console estimate is not too much to ask. Or at least some idea of the problem to explain WHY they can't give one.

well the thing is that how many of the playerbase have the IT-knowledge to actually understand the explanation if one was given. Sometimes it's better to give vague estimates then trying to waste resources trying to explain something most wouldn't understand anyway.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    first it is comming back at 3pm my time, then its pushed to 4pm my time, and now its 4pm and to my *not*surprise its now pushed back to 5. hrm, i wonder if i will see the game at all today? i know my admiralty is shot for the day, so that isnt even gonna get touched since i do them 5 times daily and i have already now lost 3 of those 5 runs, oh well, soo much for playing today, prob start fresh tomorrow, if it actually comes back by tomorrow. i guess it really will be tomorrow, i just noticed it got pushed back to 6:30 est time, hrm, whats next 11pm my time then no game time what so ever. you guys need to plan better this is getting tiresome you say 3 then it is 3. not 4. not 5. not 6, not 7. dont keep adding time, if you cant be ready by 2 then outright push it back and tell is it wont be ready till tomorrow am, then i will just say fk it and play something else rather than wait for you to keep stalling all day.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Hmm, at least now the Engage button's up (and not a log in screen) on the launcher. Here's hoping....

• totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    Are they defragging all the harddrives?
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    yeah besides it is actually more fun complaining about it in the forums then playing the actual game is, am I right? lol
  • kirock#6847 kirock Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Nice job with the Flash Sale today, during Maint. Thanks for nothing.
  • hellspawn041#6825 hellspawn041 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    yeah besides it is actually more fun complaining about it in the forums then playing the actual game is, am I right? lol

Well, it's what we have right now, lol
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Dear god - I really do wonder what some people DO with their lives. Granted it's civilised here (on the forum), but Facebook? Crying about this or that bug not being fixed (idiotic considering this was NEVER touted as a bug fix patch), demands for compensation. Lots of over-entitlement.

I despair sometimes.
    This being the internet, it's hard for me to tell if posters are serious or not.

My default is to assume it's some sort of joke that translates poorly over the internet.
  • zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    People, please. Surely you know by now that if the game is down for an extended period, always add at least three hours to their estimate and/or prepare for an emergency patch shortly after the game comes back online.

I anticipated this and made sure my fleet's gulag projects would be ticking over while the game was down, rather than be left incomplete and waiting to be filled once the game was back up.

Always expect something will go wrong.
  • ryneman#3249 ryneman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I see it like road maintenance, do major maintenance during off peak hours. It is a simple concept that every large city most do. Don't see why they couldn't use that technique... its only logical
  • ghost2448ghost2448 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Ok, this happens on every game and every network, there are times where they have to update the software and this is one of those times where they are updating the hardware, as it is a 24hr thing there is no such thing as "doing it night" as it would always affect someone in one of the timezones, more often or not it affects those in the EU the vast majority of the time, of which I am in.

So, that we are clear there are some more important things going on in the world than this game, here is a list and in no particular order

1) The actions of the current POTUS
    2) Brexit
    3) Catalonia independence drive
    4) Fires in Portugal (and I think Spain) and in California.
    5) North Korea
    6) Corruption in Brazil, Argentina, Venuzuela.
    7) Fighting between the Kurds and Iraqis
    8) Ongoing violence, death, destruction, disease and famine in the various parts of the world
    9) Global warming
    10) The reduction of the effectiveness of Antibiotics.

And that is just to name a few, so, if you are going to whine, gripe, moan or just get irritated because a game is not currently working, please take a moment to consider the above list.

Many Thanks!
  • ryneman#3249 ryneman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Am assuming that American server has the most players at any given time. So yes, there is peak hours.

ps, love the list
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    I hold my heart for Thursday's maintenance :*:*
    I bet it is something stupid like someone forgot they turned off the power bar... lol
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    edited October 2017

There was no flash sale today.
    Yeah that will never happen they will always be players that will never be happy all I ask is if you gonna do bug fixes actually do bug fixes biggest pet peeve I have on games other than that the game is good just a lot of annoying bugs. I wonder what the maintenance is for if not for bugs being down this long musta been a major issue.

No major issue. This is routine maintenance that's done to PWE infrastructure and happens at least two times a year. :)

Xbox is back up. Thanks for being so patient, guys, we're bringing PC and PS4 back as fast as we can.
  • pompeoppompeop Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    WHAT!?! It's not up yet?! THE INJUSTICE OF IT ALL!

That's the last straw! I'm defecting to North Korea! <Pack picture of Beloved Leader>

There was no flash sale today.
    Yeah that will never happen they will always be players that will never be happy all I ask is if you gonna do bug fixes actually do bug fixes biggest pet peeve I have on games other than that the game is good just a lot of annoying bugs. I wonder what the maintenance is for if not for bugs being down this long musta been a major issue.

No major issue. This is routine maintenance that's done to PWE infrastructure and happens at least two times a year. :)

Xbox is back up. Thanks for being so patient, guys, we're bringing PC and PS4 back as fast as we can.

Cool thanks man :)

• alissalenoiralissalenoir Member Posts: 9 New User
    Love how the simple maint time that doesnt require notes, keeps being extended over and over and over and over -.- start it up already.........
  • zacedarkseekerzacedarkseeker Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    pompeop wrote: »
    WHAT!?! It's not up yet?! THE INJUSTICE OF IT ALL!

That's the last straw! I'm defecting to North Korea! <Pack picture of Beloved Leader>
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Am assuming that American server has the most players at any given time. So yes, there is peak hours.

ps, love the list

It does, so far as I know - but the point is they'll never please everyone.

and these are why gamers like me can never have nice things. Ambassador, thank you for keeping us informed, I am hoping that you and your staff are able to return us PS4 users to sector space again soon.
  • wackygunner#8902 wackygunner Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The waiting sucks, but at least ye guys keep us updated, frequently. Thnx
    edited October 2017
    The waiting sucks, but at least ye guys keep us updated, frequently. Thnx

Yup! They just updated the PC version to 3:30PM..... again thanks for them "timely" updates :pensive:

> @reyan01 said:
    > alissalenoir wrote: »
    >
    > Love how the simple maint time that doesnt require notes, keeps being extended over and over and over and over -.- start it up already.........
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Why does "Server Maintenance across all games" require notes?

They posted they didnt post news on it because it was a simple restart and maint. yet they have extended it by a hour now like 6 times... Doesnt seem so simple....
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    WTF We will be performing shard maintenance on October 17 from 5 AM - 3:30 PM Pacific (12:00-22:30 UTC). Please check the forums. Another extension? :'(
    Read back in this forum... you will see the dev saying what I said. Dur.
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Duke Nukem Forever started development in 1996. In 2001, after the years of users asking when it will be finished 3D realms put out an official press statement that made the release date: "When it's done".

It was officially released in 2011.
  • dixonflux#8530 dixonflux Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @ghost2448 said:
    > Ok, this happens on every game and every network, there are times where they have to update the software and this is one of those times where they are updating the hardware, as it is a 24hr thing there is no such thing as "doing it night" as it would always affect someone in one of the timezones, more often or not it affects those in the EU the vast majority of the time, of which I am in.
    >
    > So, that we are clear there are some more important things going on in the world than this game, here is a list and in no particular order
    >
    > 1) The actions of the current POTUS
    > 2) Brexit
    > 3) Catalonia independence drive
    > 4) Fires in Portugal (and I think Spain) and in California.
    > 5) North Korea
    > 6) Corruption in Brazil, Argentina, Venuzuela.
    > 7) Fighting between the Kurds and Iraqis
    > 8) Ongoing violence, death, destruction, disease and famine in the various parts of the world
    > 9) Global warming
    > 10) The reduction of the effectiveness of Antibiotics.
    >
    > And that is just to name a few, so, if you are going to whine, gripe, moan or just get irritated because a game is not currently working, please take a moment to consider the above list.
    >
    > Many Thanks!

Brexit is only an issue for the minority that voted against it in a democratic referendum. The same applies to the election of the current POTUS. Still, politics has no place on a thread regarding STO (a temporary escape from the real world) and will only cause friction. Peace.
This discussion has been closed.