Install Arc

Which faction(s) would you like to see?

124»

Comments

• yezar82yezar82 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Cardassians.
    For Cardassia!

• tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I wonder if Pacifica is a planet populated by aquatic Federation species.
    Or at least, a planet they all agree to visit.
    Like a neutral meeting planet for diplomatic purposes, a vacation destination or both.
    Wonder if that could be used for a Pacifican faction? ;)
    One based on only aquatic species.

According to all the notes I researched, Gene Roddenberry decided TAS was non-canon during the second year of TNG's production.
    Since he's the creator, I assumed his word was law.
    I think that decision was only reversed when he couldn't contest it anymore.

But me personally, I disdain TAS because it was directly responsible for introducing unpleasant content concepts into STO.
    If it hadn't been accepted or created, those concepts would never have had a basis/reason to be implemented.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    the creator's word only matters while they still OWN something - once he sold off star trek to CBS, he lost all right to say what was and wasn't canon​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    @shadowfang240
    3AEC42319E4CEB61B19EFCB1A43DE22DE0F41BBE

The Kzinti aren't canon anymore.
    Because their creator stipulated that they are not to be used as source content in STO/Trek and therefore this removes them from the universe outside of TAS.
    That's why we have Ferasans, because Kzinti couldn't be implemented.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(