test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which faction(s) would you like to see?

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    If there is another Faction coming, it's been shown to us via the second half of this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhnd5h1CyqE

Well as it says there Summer 2018, new expansion "Victory is Life." This is what the Jem'hadar live by. So, it does elude to a Dominion faction. Though, for the most part, I'd take it as an expansion on the Gamma Quadrant, more so than another faction.

This is one thing we will have to wait and see on.

But in so doing, it looks like Tacofangs will get his wish and be able to revamp DS9.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Cardassian (for Liberated Borg Cardassian)
    Dominion (for playable Jem'Hadar and Vorta BOFFs)
    Delta Quadrant, for all these playable species:
    9A77409B4E06BB5AE906047A87FF0DBEC1AF3868
    Borg Cooperative/Liberated Borg. But only if I get a Tactical Cube to own. Otherwise there's no point, I can make a LibBorg character anytime I want.

At this point, I'm being incredibly pragmatic.
    I don't care if there's minimal unique story or even story at all.
    For me, it's all about the playable species and the ships, that's all I need for a faction.
    The amount of killing we do, Starfleet might as well be the Terran Empire​​

Jello, I'm a Starfleet officer, we come in peace, shoot to kill. ;)

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @kragenskjold said:
    > The Gorg!

?
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    > @kragenskjold said:
    > The Gorg!

?

Gorn Borg?

"We are the Gorg. Lower your shieldssss and ssssurrender your sun lampsss. Your biological distinctiveness will be used to feed our hatchlingsss and your technological prowessss will add to our forcesssss. Resistance isss Futile."
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
    > @kragenskjold said:
    > The Gorg!

?

Gorn Borg?

"We are the Gorg. Lower your shieldssss and ssssurrender your sun lampsss. Your biological distinctiveness will be used to feed our hatchlingsss and your technological prowessss will add to our forcesssss. Resistance isss Futile."

I actually made a post about #5 in you signature.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1234561/civilian-ships

One can work around the faction part, via bio and Role playing, if nothing else.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • bartimaeus#4158 bartimaeus Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Real Romulans, with no alignment.

And add a few species for them too. Garidians and stuff would be nice.
    trennan wrote: »
    > @kragenskjold said:
    > The Gorg!

?

Gorn Borg?

I actually made a post about #5 in you signature.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1234561/civilian-ships

One can work around the faction part, via bio and Role playing, if nothing else.

I did the same in this thread. Page 2, second to last post on that page.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    valoreah wrote: »
    Thermians.

Only if we can get the hot squid babe (or dude, if you're into that).

Things I want in STO:

• reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Any faction that would be allowed to team with a Klingon
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I used to want a Cardassian / Dominion faction, but they've already released the majority of their ships in lockboxes so it's pointless now.
    Tza0PEl.png
    The Gorg!

Someone wants to be a bionic scorpion. ;)
    Maybe they should make more versions of playable Borg, at this point, they're only three species and the Borg can be potentially from any species.

No offense intended, but I can't take the Thermian suggestion seriously.
    Because they're from Galaxy Quest and non-Trek concepts won't be introduced to STO.

But now I am wondering if there is a humanoid squid or octopus species in the Trek universe.
    Aquatic species aren't common, the Chelons and Xindi-Aquatic are the only canon examples known.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Well, there were also the Antedeans
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    You know I'd forego an new faction, in lieu of an Armory. A place to store excess gear, to where it doesn't take up inventory/bank space.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »
    You know I'd forego an new faction, in lieu of an Armory. A place to store excess gear, to where it doesn't take up inventory/bank space.

As good as that sounds I doubt the devs would do that don't get me wrong be nice but the devs wont do that if they do no one would bay the bank space and inventory space for real money. They are worried about losing money at this point lol.

No they could then offer Armory expansions as well. The potential is there. Though I suppose with enough ships and boff slots this would take care of itself :tongue:
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I used to want a Cardassian / Dominion faction, but they've already released the majority of their ships in lockboxes so it's pointless now.
    I wouldn't say it owuld be pointless to make a Cardassian faction just because two ships were made available in a lockbox, they would just have to make the faction version of said ships a little different from the lockbox ones, and make it so the lockbox ones are simply a way to get a few ships without being in the faction.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @avoozuul said:
    > nikephorus wrote: »
    >
    > I used to want a Cardassian / Dominion faction, but they've already released the majority of their ships in lockboxes so it's pointless now.
    >
    >
    >
    > I wouldn't say it owuld be pointless to make a Cardassian faction just because two ships were made available in a lockbox, they would just have to make the faction version of said ships a little different from the lockbox ones, and make it so the lockbox ones are simply a way to get a few ships without being in the faction.

They could do this if they made special ships alliance factions traded with eachother such as a klingon bird-of-prey fed and romulans can use.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    In STO there is newer versions of classic ships, the Cardassian ships in the lockboxes could be seen as the classic versions of Cardassian ships much like how the TOS Enterprise is in a promo box itself, they could just make future versions of the same ships for the faction itself.
    Well, based on the data available, we'll never see Antedians as playable.
    Because they have to be placed in suspended animation due to biological issues preventing them from being conscious during space travel.
    Makes you wonder why they were even considered for membership in the Federation if they weren't capable of tolerating warp travel.
    Although I'm sure that offer was retracted when Starfleet found out about the treachery their "Ambassadors" were planning.

The opinion on TAS varies a lot, but it was eventually decided that outside of a few isolated episodes, it isn't canon because it conflicts far too much with established Trek lore.
    So as far as the Trek universe is concerned, nothing from TAS is real.
    And before anyone mentions it, the only reason Caitians exist is because of minor cameos in Star Trek IV.
    General rule, if we don't see a TAS concept in live action, it did not happen.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    For me I can see two things happening allowing the Romulan Republic to be a separate faction it is now possible all they have to do is add a actual shipyard to New Romulus and that can be a redo of the Gasko Station itself. As for a new faction I can see the Cardassian's being added but the issue is the company is hot on Sub Factions and if they view there history that was the worse idea ever for the game as LoR had a massive back lash when this happened along with many other issues it caused and didn't fix. IF they want to add another race add the Cardassian's and separate Romulan Republic as its own separate faction, you could even add the Romulan Empire as a cause and effect of the aftermath of the Civil War and victory of the Republic. Helping the New Romulan Empire rebuild and lick its wounds.
    I've often wondered why the Republic doesn't have any space stations...
    If there is another Faction coming, it's been shown to us via the second half of this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhnd5h1CyqE
    Victory is life!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    it does; gasko station is owned by the republic, as is vauthil station and the vault​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I meant as social zones...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    romulans don't need no stinkin' social zones​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.