test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you think? The Colony Fleet Holding

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Here you can take a look to the costs for the Colony Projects.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_colony_world_projects

On the end it costs 72 million Dil. this is to much.

Most fun part is the steep Dil demand curve for daily XP projects already at Tier 1 onwards.

As any form of progression for fleets will be totally blocked over this the need to play for provisions will be removed completely thanks to the auto collect.

In a few days fleets will wonder what to do with the provisions just as players wonder what to do with gold pressed Latium.

The whole release is absurd. It would still be even if they cut Dil demands in half.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Here you can take a look to the costs for the Colony Projects.

On the end it costs 72 million Dil. this is to much.
    For comparison, how much is the main starbase?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    So, thousands of hours of mini games and around $2000 - $3000 in cash (or grinding hours equivalent) for access to some minor trinkets that probably won't improve your performance much. I wonder how many lock box ships you could buy off the exchange for the same investment? - One for everyone in your fleet perhaps?
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited October 2017

At least with the starbase you had the option of a project with just doff for progression. At T4 on a starbase, for 1000 xp, you do not need Dil but a lot of doffs as an option. The colony has no choice. At T4 you need 118,300 dil. 100,555 With a dill mine. 76,895 if you are in a good armada. To go from t4 (100,000xp) to t5 (250,000xp) That is 150 projects or 11,534,250 for each of the 3 (renewable power, Infrastructure and Moral).

For a starbase 1000 xp it can be no dil but 154 doffs assuming dil mine is upgraded. That is 23,100 doff per each track that can be aquired for fleet credit if need be and no daily refining limit.

23,100 doffs does not equal 11,534,250 refined dilithium for the same section.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    Perhaps the initial part will be the most taxing with respect to provisions. Here's two photos taken in Tribble from a T4+ Colony holding which would include any Tier 3 Dilithium Mine and armada Beta fleet discounts showing the number of provisions self generated per day. When you add the automated goods collection (AGC) and combine it with the ability to queue defense scenarios things might go a little quicker, with less mini-games if you want to rely upon this mechanic to go along in a time gated manner. The first AGC unlock comes when your holding is Tier 1, along with a project to provide a fleet transwarp to Colony and the ability to slot projects to generate defense scenario provisions which you can do with whomever you like (not just members of your fleet).

Question: Automated Collection of provisions....How is this set up?
    Is it per Fleet? And it goes directly into the Fleet Coffer?

IOW, it is not a DOFF assignment that someone has to collect daily?
    Nor some click button a person with permissions has to interact with?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Perhaps the initial part will be the most taxing with respect to provisions. Here's two photos taken in Tribble from a T4+ Colony holding which would include any Tier 3 Dilithium Mine and armada Beta fleet discounts showing the number of provisions self generated per day. When you add the automated goods collection (AGC) and combine it with the ability to queue defense scenarios things might go a little quicker, with less mini-games if you want to rely upon this mechanic to go along in a time gated manner. The first AGC unlock comes when your holding is Tier 1, along with a project to provide a fleet transwarp to Colony and the ability to slot projects to generate defense scenario provisions which you can do with whomever you like (not just members of your fleet).

Question: Automated Collection of provisions....How is this set up?
    Is it per Fleet? And it goes directly into the Fleet Coffer?

IOW, it is not a DOFF assignment that someone has to collect daily?
    Nor some click button a person with permissions has to interact with?

After a colony sub-tier is upgraded to tier 1 the automated goods collection is listed as an unlock, not a new construction project. It will go directly into the coffer and the assumption is it's automatic (no need to collect manually). Will find out with certainty in about 4 days as I haven't checked our Tribble fleets numbers. You get a new level of AGC with each tier. The only permissions are donate to coffer / use coffer and both aren't related to the AGC.

Is it per fleet? Apparently so. Can the coffer be used to donate to other fleets colony holding? Apparently not. I wasn't able to donate coffer provisions to any other fleet in our armada. Checked outgoing permissions in my fleet and they were wide open and I doubt all other fleets had item donations blocked and even checked another fleets permissions that I have a character in. Don't know if this is working as intended. This would be problematic for those trying to build a armada colony holding with AGC provisions. But as many others have mentioned in this thread it's not the provisions but the dilithium costs that will very quickly over ride any other issues as you progress.

Perhaps the still unknown grand prize at the end is the ability to convert any Tier 6 ship to Tier 7? (j/k)

After a colony sub-tier is upgraded to tier 1 the automated goods collection is listed as an unlock, not a new construction project. It will go directly into the coffer and the assumption is it's automatic (no need to collect manually). Will find out with certainty in about 4 days as I haven't checked our Tribble fleets numbers. You get a new level of AGC with each tier. The only permissions are donate to coffer / use coffer and both aren't related to the AGC.

Thank you for the info. I will keep my eyes peeled for your update here, then. :)

Let's just hope they make it extremely clear that what got added was auto collect, somehow, and not get mixed up with donations from fleet members.
    Can the coffer be used to donate to other fleets colony holding? Apparently not. I wasn't able to donate coffer provisions to any other fleet in our armada.

Hmmm...so the coffer does not act like a player inventory...not very flexible, then. Which was the problem coffer was suppose to eliminate, wasn't it? Be able to donate and get FC even while waiting for the next available project?

Can non-fleet members donate to the Coffers? As in members of other fleets in the Armada donate to your fleet's coffers via their own inventory? Or do they have to wait for empty projects to be able to contribute to?

Well, come to think of it, that may be too complicated for what the Devs set up for use, right now.

Luckily, the Armada our fleet is in does not appear to be coordinating an Armada wide Colony holding, at this point. But then, I can't really tell..since I do not communicate with the Armada at all.
    But as many others have mentioned in this thread it's not the provisions but the dilithium costs that will very quickly over ride any other issues as you progress.

I don't believe the STO Wiki has the Colony holding "List of Projects" page up yet.

Is it more than 16,000 DL a project? That would be a full day of refinement on two characters. For all 3 projects (Morale/Structure/Energy)...it will take up 6 characters 8000 DL refinement for the day. That would be quite a lot of DL a day.

And I am only rounding numbers based on what my 2-man fleet will have to grind. I don't think we want to grind to that excess. LOL!
    Perhaps the still unknown grand prize at the end is the ability to convert any Tier 6 ship to Tier 7? (j/k)

I made a speculation in jest on a different thread that T-7's were going to be Singularity powers added to ships....of course, without the power loss that the Roms have to deal with, it may be worth it. :) (Again, just kidding around.)

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Let's just hope they make it extremely clear that what got added was auto collect, somehow, and not get mixed up with donations from fleet members.

I don't believe the STO Wiki has the Colony holding "List of Projects" page up yet.

Is it more than 16,000 DL a project? That would be a full day of refinement on two characters. For all 3 projects (Morale/Structure/Energy)...it will take up 6 characters 8000 DL refinement for the day. That would be quite a lot of DL a day.

The STO wiki page with demands is up.

If you manage to get to tier 1 you kinda don’t have to worry about provisions again.

Depending on the tier you reach roughly 1-3,5k of each of those provisions will be automatically put into your coffer for you to freely use on projects. Given the figures on wiki that’s roughly 1/3 of the daily need. Now where do the other 2/3 come from? That would be a legitimate question *if* it would not be for Dil demands one has to cope with if a daily XP progression is pursued:

From Tier 1-2 you already need ~60k each day,
    from Tier 2-3 you need ~150k each day,
    from Tier 3-4 you need ~ 240k each day,
    from tier 4-5 you need ~320k each day.

Since there is no Fleet in Star Trek Online which will be able to do so, all fleets will literally drown in provisions in no time.
    Fiascos like these happen if people tinker out a system who have lost all touch with the player base years ago, don’t listen to feedback and who have probably never filled a single base project by themselves.
    animated.gif

If you manage to get to tier 1 you kinda don’t have to worry about provisions again.

Depending on the tier you reach roughly 1-3,5k of each of those provisions will be automatically put into your coffer for you to freely use on projects. Given the figures on wiki that’s roughly 1/3 of the daily need. Now where do the other 2/3 come from? That would be a legitimate question *if* it would not be for Dil demands one has to cope with if a daily XP progression is pursued:

Since there is no Fleet in Star Trek Online which will be able to do so, all fleets will literally drown in provisions in no time.
    Fiascos like these happen if people tinker out a system who have lost all touch with the player base years ago, don’t listen to feedback and who have probably never filled a single base project by themselves.

I can already see our problem will be Fleet Marks, too.
    Neither one of us have the time to play the game as much as we used to.

edited October 2017

I can already see our problem will be Fleet Marks, too.
    Neither one of us have the time to play the game as much as we used to.

I hope that they re-tweak the demands again. As they stand now they are not only unrealistically high for all fleets (given the general attitude towards Dil contribution it does not even matter if a fleet is small or big) but they also make no sense.

-> Provisions and the demand to play for them is canceled around tier 1-2

-> 0 rewards for the mere amount of resource invest. Even the first Tier 7 ship behind a maxed out holding is not worth 65-80 mil Dil because that would translate to 2000 Euro RL money or so.

As far as I’m concerned the holding is broke. Perhaps my fleets tend to it up to tier 2 where we can get the new shields, after that we are not likely to even slot more XP projects.
    animated.gif

I hope that they re-tweak the demands again. As they stand now they are not only unrealistically high for all fleets (given the general attitude towards Dil contribution it does not even matter if a fleet is small or big) but they also make no sense.

-> Provisions and the demand to play for them is canceled around tier 1-2

-> 0 rewards for the mere amount of resource invest. Even the first Tier 7 ship behind a maxed out holding is not worth 65-80 mil Dil because that would translate to 2000 Euro RL money or so.

As far as I’m concerned the holding is broke. Perhaps my fleets tend to it up to tier 2 where we can get the new shields, after that we are not likely to even slot more XP projects.

I agree...after taking a closer look at the project list and costs....this is definitely nasty.
    They need to tone this down, big time. LOL! Or it is just a joke as far as we are concerned.

And looking it over with my fleet leader, just now...we might make it to Tier 1, then dump it.

Link is here to costs for all Tiers and Upgrades:

I agree...after taking a closer look at the project list and costs....this is definitely nasty.
    They need to tone this down, big time. LOL! Or it is just a joke as far as we are concerned.

And looking it over with my fleet leader, just now...we might make it to Tier 1, then dump it.

Link is here to costs for all Tiers and Upgrades:

That sounds prudent. :)

Think depending on the level of your fleets Dil mine in addition to the respective Armada bonus I think one is able to get a discount up to 35% on Dil contributions. To get to tier 2 should work as well. I’d even given tier 3 a shot if it would be the last one but the way this is going the more you invest the more you will realize you should not be investing at all.

Everything involving the new holding is one big, embarrassing error in judgment in an almost 8 year old game.
    animated.gif
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    forum ate entire large post :/ Next time I'll use textpad...

@peterconnorfirst has covered everything with his usual efficiency. His summations regarding the holdings costs and their effect are very accurate and I share his concerns.
  • ilovethisgame#6445 ilovethisgame Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Like I said. They are no longer developing the game for the community.

But how can we change that?
    forum ate entire large post :/ Next time I'll use textpad...

@peterconnorfirst has covered everything with his usual efficiency. His summations regarding the holdings costs and their effect are very accurate and I share his concerns.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. :)

At least we know what we sign up for in our fleets. Considering how much effort some of us have invested into other holdings already the new task here is nothing but depressing.
    Like I said. They are no longer developing the game for the community.

But how can we change that?

Sadly there is not much we can do. I have the habit to always make the amount of zen purchases over RL money dependent on the respective fun I currently have in game. While S12 or the recent Sompek event payed out well for Cryptic the chain nerfs of S13 and the introduction of this verry holding put my willingness to spend anything on hold.

To be honest, part of me is even glad that they ask for the impossible here. You know, if it would be 30% of what they ask for I‘d probably be tempted to go for it somehow by doing something dumb. Better not because this way it is much easier not to care about the whole thing at all and to be like the 95% of the f2p casuals who can’t be bothered with base contribution anyway. :)
    animated.gif
  • hoffy1hoffy1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Today I did the Dranuur colony invasion [called out in subcomms]. And I have to say … I love it.

Total amount of players on the map was 20, [4 groups of 5] and we made it all the way to wave 30 without much of a fuzz [ engineers; pack out the heal generators again they are golden to keep the colony generators alive, make engineers great again]
    payout: 2100 of each provisions [so that saves a total of 24+ minigames!]
    also 245 fleet marks which is okay I guess.
    Time laps: 35-40 minutes.

If fleets would do these on a more regular basis, and just draw players from channels and other fleets, getting the provisions will go much easier, combined with the daily automated grinded provisions from T1 .. getting provisions should not be much of a fuzz after T1, so the amount of actual needed minigames could be much lower then players think.
    the Dilithium cost however, thats the killer past T1, way to much.
    edited October 2017
    Perhaps allow bridge officers to assist with the colony invasion?

Getting 20 people is quite a task … and since there is no cross-faction teaming, nor a cross-faction armada systems in place … KDF gets the short side of the stick [again].
    Allowing bridge officers to assist should reduce the amount of players needed to finish the invasion successfully. However that would cut into the total payout from the invasion.

Cross-faction fleet map invites to the colony would be the quick solution. Or a cross faction armada system to solve several issues all at once.
    edited October 2017
    hoffy1 wrote: »
    Today I did the Dranuur colony invasion [called out in subcomms]. And I have to say … I love it.

Total amount of players on the map was 20, [4 groups of 5] and we made it all the way to wave 30 without much of a fuzz [ engineers; pack out the heal generators again they are golden to keep the colony generators alive, make engineers great again]
    payout: 2100 of each provisions [so that saves a total of 24+ minigames!]
    also 245 fleet marks which is okay I guess.
    Time laps: 35-40 minutes.

If fleets would do these on a more regular basis, and just draw players from channels and other fleets, getting the provisions will go much easier, combined with the daily automated grinded provisions from T1 .. getting provisions should not be much of a fuzz after T1, so the amount of actual needed minigames could be much lower then players think.
    the Dilithium cost however, thats the killer past T1, way to much.

Yes, that Colony Invasion game is fun. I tried it on Tribble.

But creating the keys to run them @ 50,000 Fleet Credits, 5000 Refined dilithium, and 200,000 XP.....would prove to be too expensive for the amount of provisions we would be able to etch out of it in return.

You know anyone in your fleet willing to give up 50,000 Fleet Credits for 3 keys to start a Simulation? And I am just looking at Tier 1....

Yes, at Tier 5 you get 15 keys...but by then, why would a fleet even need to run it? Fleet won't even need the 500 Colony XP. And the fleet will have to give up their resources to be nice enough to run them for or with people called in channels. LOL!

Will have to have folks pay admission fees for Colony Invasion just for a pittance of provision goods. I wonder what that does to the "sell your provisions to the highest bidder" profit curve?

Something is backwards here.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

edited October 2017
    Think depending on the level of your fleets Dil mine in addition to the respective Armada bonus I think one is able to get a discount up to 35% on Dil contributions. To get to tier 2 should work as well. I’d even given tier 3 a shot if it would be the last one but the way this is going the more you invest the more you will realize you should not be investing at all.

Really? You going to have your fleet make all those contributions (including time) and they are going to be happy with them just getting, what? Access to new personal shields, pistols, warp cores and kit frames for Tier 1??

These dang things better let them stay at full strength forever.

And they still have to pay more DL and FC on top of that, you know....and grind out shopping/requisitioning Provisions to buy stuff in the store. Am I looking at this right? 200,000 DL for 5 provisions?

And to get to Tier 2....you are talking twice the costs going in to get access to SPACE shields.

Think hard before jumping on this one, Fleet Leaders. Do you really want to put your members on this task?

Edit...let me put this down here, again:

And this is what each tier unlocks:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Colony_World
    Post edited by where2r1 on

Yes, that Colony Invasion game is fun.

But creating the keys to run them @ 50,000 Fleet Credits, 5000 Refined dilithium, and 200,000 XP.....would prove to be too expensive for the amount of provisions we would be able to etch out of it in return.

You know anyone in your fleet willing to give up 50,000 Fleet Credits for 3 keys to start a Simulation? And I am just looking at Tier 1....

50k fleet credits is not really an issue tbh, neither is the 5k dili ... the 200k xp .. yeah that would be a problem for my KDF fleet.
    1 key per invasion, correct?

so 20 players, times [3 times 2.100 provisions], times 3 keys = 378.000 provisions total.
    [20*245]*3 = 14.700 fleet marks total
    it is a hypothetical of course, since getting 20 fleet members online is a "not going to happen scenario"
    would argue the payout is good enough to get the keys, they payback in fleet credits on fleet marks and provisions more then covers the investment even for just 1 fleet member. the other 19 [hypothetical] is pure gain.
    edited October 2017
    50k fleet credits is not really an issue tbh, neither is the 5k dili ... the 200k xp .. yeah that would be a problem for my KDF fleet.
    1 key per invasion, correct?

so 20 players, times [3 times 2.100 provisions], times 3 keys = 378.000 provisions total.
    [20*245]*3 = 14.700 fleet marks total
    it is a hypothetical of course, since getting 20 fleet members online is a "not going to happen scenario"
    would argue the payout is good enough to get the keys, they payback in fleet credits on fleet marks and provisions more then covers the investment even for just 1 fleet member. the other 19 [hypothetical] is pure gain.

As far as I know....one key per invasion run.

Except...you won't be getting all those provisions for your fleet...if you are calling in people from channels and your armada.

And since I am not sure the Coffer system allows anyone but your own fleet members to contribute to it...that means anyone who runs Colony Invasion with your fleet, walks away with them all.

Well, their cut of them, anyways...so don't count on it going to building your holding.

OH...but you may be able to buy some back...there are people advocating the selling of provisions to the highest bidder.

• angel#5567 angel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    There is one thing that I can not understand. Why is the ''Provision Colony Invasion Defense Simulation Tokens project'' not in the ''Special Project slot''? It is only 10 minutes and I know that many fleet leaders want the normal project slots only for Experience projects and normal provisions. Also on the starbase the 30 minutes projects are in the ''Special Projects slot'', so why not the ''Provision Colony Invasion Defense Simulation Tokens project'' also?
    On further reflection on the Colony invasion event ...
    would it be an idea to make it more like a private queue group?
    Cross-faction ofcourse!!
    would be easier to see how many people one has already ... it buggedout twice after the first five rounds, did not give us the option to continue, because, after a headcount we were with 22 on the map, 2 left, and it was fine.
    Also would make the whole organizing a 20 man group a bit more manageable since now its just a derpy mess most of the time.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    After running Dranuur Beach Invasion Advanced for a few days, two days ago I gave up waiting for it to pop. Twenty minutes and the number of people never raised above 6 and went down to 5. Requiring 10 for this and up to 20 on the Fleet Invasion shows a lack of 'wisdom' on the Developers part.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    robdmc wrote: »

At least with the starbase you had the option of a project with just doff for progression. At T4 on a starbase, for 1000 xp, you do not need Dil but a lot of doffs as an option. The colony has no choice. At T4 you need 118,300 dil. 100,555 With a dill mine. 76,895 if you are in a good armada. To go from t4 (100,000xp) to t5 (250,000xp) That is 150 projects or 11,534,250 for each of the 3 (renewable power, Infrastructure and Moral).

For a starbase 1000 xp it can be no dil but 154 doffs assuming dil mine is upgraded. That is 23,100 doff per each track that can be aquired for fleet credit if need be and no daily refining limit.

You didnt answer his question
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Reputation System, when they got rid of Doff requirements for things like Elite Scorpions or Elite Tholian Widow Fighters, did so on a 100:1 basis. So those 69,300 Doffs on that basis would have been replaced by 6,930,000 Dilitium for all three sections. That is a 542% increase.

What they should have done for a five Tier HOLDING is use XP similar to the Reputation System.
    T1 5,000
    T2 15,000
    T3 32,500
    T4 60,000
    T5 100,000
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Why do "Infrastructure Projects" and "Renewable Energy Projects" require more EC than "Raise Morale"?

https://i.imgur.com/26idPCg.png
    https://i.imgur.com/UZBB3tF.png
    https://i.imgur.com/7KSJhbQ.png
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    because it costs significantly more to build something that it does to administer beatings until morale improves​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    On further reflection on the Colony invasion event ...
    would it be an idea to make it more like a private queue group?
    Cross-faction ofcourse!!
    would be easier to see how many people one has already ... it buggedout twice after the first five rounds, did not give us the option to continue, because, after a headcount we were with 22 on the map, 2 left, and it was fine.
    Also would make the whole organizing a 20 man group a bit more manageable since now its just a derpy mess most of the time.

I can imagine. :(
    animated.gif
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    robdmc wrote: »

You didnt answer his question

If your looking for the dilithium requirements for the main starbase then with no bonuses or mine discounts and only choosing doff xp projects and no other side upgrades then you are looking at 15,925,000 refined dilithium. That is the cost of tier upgrades. That is less then the 72 million dil for the colony.

While comparing the total doesn't give the full story. The tier upgrade costs of the colony is a little bit cheaper when strictly talking dil, the larger issue is the daily xp projects. The comment I made about just one of the 3 paths going from t4 to t5 would cost 11.5 mill more then the starbase counter part showed the main problem area. for all 3 paths it is 34.5 mil that the starbase does not require.