test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Save Outfit" feature in tailor appears broken

2»

Comments

• hoffy1hoffy1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    why do we have to listen to a livestream in order to find out that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix ..... why could they not say that in the corresponding bugreport on the forums? [here]
    just a thought ;p
  • potentialbff#9168 potentialbff Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    hoffy1 wrote: »
    why do we have to listen to a livestream in order to find out that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix ..... why could they not say that in the corresponding bugreport on the forums? [here]
    just a thought ;p

Your posts invalidates it's own existence. The very fact that you are asking how you are aware of something that you found out without listening to the livestream yourself proves you did not have to listen to the livestream to become aware of it.
  • hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Bump, and I concur. I have this bug across my characters in both main factions. Save outfit files are there, but post-Season 14 saved outfits not displayed in Load Outfit (pre-S14 still working as before). Good to know the devs are aware of this. Thank you, OP, for making the report.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    did this feature every truly work? I seem to recall you can save outfits, it also saves the character model.

when you apply to new bridge officer... not only the outfit but the model is updated as well. that still happens when you check the load only outfits box.

also a lot of the pre-made outfits are broken... before there was a page where you can preview the outfit and apply the complete outfit, but now it is gone for a number of outfits, like the Rom-KDF outfits (both of them).
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    did this feature every truly work? I seem to recall you can save outfits, it also saves the character model.

when you apply to new bridge officer... not only the outfit but the model is updated as well. that still happens when you check the load only outfits box.

also a lot of the pre-made outfits are broken... before there was a page where you can preview the outfit and apply the complete outfit, but now it is gone for a number of outfits, like the Rom-KDF outfits (both of them).

The problem with copying outfits to boffs is usually that there is a piece used that that particular boff can't use, and that often results in the outfit loading completely random parts. Even rank can do this if you saved an outfit on your Captain with Captain or above rank insignia included, since boffs can never attain those ranks. Because of this, I usually save outfits without rank and add that later.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png