test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tzenkethi red alert

theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
Too any protomatter torps, it's virtually unwinnable.

Issue is there that many protomatter torps flying it's impossible to get them all unless you have BFAW. It's like have BFAW or go home because single target builds are irrelevant with the protomatter spam
NMXb2ph.png
    "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
    -Lord Commander Solar Macharius

Comments

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
      Torp spread 2 and 3 are great for this as well as a Point Defense console and if you have the Phaser/Disruptor console that drops the defense sattilite and drop a weapon sattilite you can take out a lot of them combined with the various shockwaves that take out targetable torpedos. It really no that hard if you think out your build for it.
    • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
      I have played at least 20 times in pugs... only once we lost, that was because some of the team must keep an eye for the torps, they are quite easy to destroy, easier if you have a carrier..
      The forces of darkness are upon us!
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      One of the main concerns is that certain player types would deliberately cause a fail just to wind everyone else up. People will do that just to see the world burn
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • tvirxtvirx Member Posts: 92 Arc User
        Please, PLEASE Cryptic, please don't nerf this new RA... I implore you. Folks will figure out how to manage it eventually.
      • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
        It's not had to pop a torp spread or cannon scatter volley to pop all the torps. Buddy up with someone who can do multi target easy if you can't.
        Green people don't have to be.... little.
      • alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
        If you're willing to use up a science BOFF skill slot, there's the shockwave one. Romulan ships have it easy by having a similar one built into their core.
      • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
        I have never worried about the torpedoes. I believe if you keep the satellites running they will take care of them right?
        Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
        This is a good RA, no need to change anything except the way you play it OP.
        I'm not a fan of things that have no margin of error
        NMXb2ph.png
        • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
          The Protomatter Torpedoes fall like cornstalks in a tornado with BFAW and TS. I have to bring in my Character that has the full Delta Alliance set slotted to see what the Prototype Tantalus Field would do to the Protomatter Torpedoes.
          'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
          Judge Dan Haywood
          'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
          l don't know.
          l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
          That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
          Lt. Philip J. Minns
          It's the fact of one leak and game over
          NMXb2ph.png
          • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
            edited October 2017
            Yeah, 1 missed torp and you get a nice cut-scene showing how you suck! :D I kinda like it. I have 2 slots of FAW and Spread 3 on my cruiser. I can do the torps, just need my teammates to kill the ship(s) spamming them!

My favorite, 'you lost' was from BotF, here's the Fed Lost/Won audio. The lost one is so :'(
          • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
            I took them out easily with Cannon Scatter Volley and it's quite possible that I'm one of the worst pilots out there when using Cannons.

It was more work then using FAW sure, but that's largely because of my sheer lack of skill with Cannons. Even still, I was easily able to destroy all the protomatter torps.

The Red Alert is easy, I have only run it 4 or 5 times but I have yet to see it fail.
            Insert witty signature line here.
          • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
            It's funny, I did this several times on my newest/worst ship/character and always did it. Then tried it with my best and failed
          • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
            I hate how we get no rewards for losing
            lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
            I'll be sticking with Borg and Tholian red alerts
            NMXb2ph.png
            • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
              reyan01 wrote: »
              However, this new one requires at least a little strategy. I suspect that, as you say, those who persevere will get used to it, but I also suspect that there’ll be many who’ll call it quits because the mission failed and, unlike most other content, didn’t reward them for their poor performance and inattentiveness.
              Good. That means less chance to get useless teammates who don't know how to play.

The "something for nothing" peeps can go play the bazillion boring autowin queues.
            • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
              This Red Alert has been a mixed bag for me until now, but then again i remember when Tholian Red Alerts were challenging or even Borg Red Alerts.
              This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
            • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
              I hope you're kidding op. I was able to complete this mission, with all optionals, *in a pug, on the first try.
              Tza0PEl.png
              I failed due to someone leaking on the other side
              NMXb2ph.png
              • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
                Even without hitting BFAW I was having no problem managing the torps. And there are skills that let you do AOE damage with single target builds. I had one beam overload build where I would spam shock waves left and right lol.
                1e3sni150tar.jpg
              • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
                nikephorus wrote: »
                I hope you're kidding op. I was able to complete this mission, with all optionals, *in a pug, on the first try.

OMG that sig graphic is funny. :D
                Green people don't have to be.... little.
              • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
                This can actually fail? GOOD!
                Y945Yzx.jpg
                Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
                · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
                «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
                ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
              • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
                I played it for the first time last night, in a PuG, and I really enjoyed it - we hit all the optionals without any particular difficulty and the level of challenge (for me at least) felt just about right.

Obviously the PuG element is not predictable and I could see it failing easily if people don't pay attention, but I like it just as it is.
              This discussion has been closed.