test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery Ships and Weapons:

I love the new stuff, and TNG 30'th anniversary. I hope we get the USS Discovery Ships and space weapons/hand weapons and organic propulsion set. I know it will take time and money to make but please consider selling the ships on the store and in fleet store, as they could represent TOS experimental vessels that are the predecessors of STO's Intel Ships... The doughnut saucer of the Intel Cruiser is remarkably similar to the Discovery design! Also could you please add a Cage Laser Pistol to the lobi store, as well as Cage Uniforms and a cage tactical kit that beams down a Laser Canon that ties in to the Ships power systems to sheer cliff tops off or blast Talosians :P

Comments

• vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Cosigned.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Things I want from TRIBBLE:
    * Excursion uniform
    * Saru BOFF

Things I hope we never get from TRIBBLE:
    * Fake Klingons

Things from TRIBBLE I'm indifferent on being brought to STO:
    * Everything else
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • johnharrison97johnharrison97 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'd kill for a Walker Class (like the Shenzhou). The Discovery and Europa would be cool, as well. I could see the Walker being a Command ship and Discovery as an Intel. ship. I'd expect Discovery's unique console to be a form of the organic propulsion system. Perhaps the Walker Class could summon a battle fleet with it's console? The Klingon sarcophagus ship would be a great addition to the KDF, with a console similar to the Beacon (producing a Confuse/Scramble Sensors effect). A Kelpian Bridge Officer would be fantastic, and maybe as a Playable Species. Discovery ground weapons seem like an excellent addition, maybe with the Mission outfit. Cage tech and Uniforms would be awesome, as well.
  • captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I'd kill for a Walker Class (like the Shenzhou). The Discovery and Europa would be cool, as well. I could see the Walker being a Command ship and Discovery as an Intel. ship. I'd expect Discovery's unique console to be a form of the organic propulsion system. Perhaps the Walker Class could summon a battle fleet with it's console? The Klingon sarcophagus ship would be a great addition to the KDF, with a console similar to the Beacon (producing a Confuse/Scramble Sensors effect). A Kelpian Bridge Officer would be fantastic, and maybe as a Playable Species. Discovery ground weapons seem like an excellent addition, maybe with the Mission outfit. Cage tech and Uniforms would be awesome, as well.

You just nailed it John. I think I was the one who got us the Undiscovered Lock Box, along with the team that created it- but your ideas here are so on point and in tune with game mechanics that I can't help but think what you wrote here is prophetic.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    The Klingon sarcophagus ship would be a great addition to the KDF, with a console similar to the Beacon (producing a Confuse/Scramble Sensors effect).

just as long as they don't include the blinding light with the beacon...seeing it for a few seconds in an episode is one thing - seeing it potentially go off multiple times in a queue is another​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Discovery a science / intel, europa a engineer / command and the shenzhou a tatical / miracle worker? You could do the phaser rifle / pistol and Combat armour. The creature seen in epsoide 3 would make a great combat pet.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Even if we don't get any of the space weapons, we have some in game already that are CLOSE. Kelvin Phasers and TOS Torps would be as close as we can get as of right now to Discovery weapons. For ground either the TOS bundle pistol (the black and white one) or the Assault Phaser pistol are as close visually to the Discovery pistol, while the Kelvin pistol has the bolts.
    just as long as they don't include the blinding light with the beacon...seeing it for a few seconds in an episode is one thing - seeing it potentially go off multiple times in a queue is another​​

And that is why I hated one particular Delta Quad patrol. The one with the solar flares blinding you every couple minutes while fighting.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    That space suit might be nice, and a mission through an asteroid graveyard with spacesuit Klingon enemies.
    hawku001x wrote: »
    That space suit might be nice, and a mission through an asteroid graveyard with spacesuit Klingon enemies.

Yea. And the best part about the Discovery suit is the helmet is big enough for the head NOT to clip through when a character talks, so they COULD potentially make the faceplate transparant.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'd buy the Shenzhou and its phasers.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • iriskatz#4718 iriskatz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i'd pay $$$ for the orville ships uniforms and equipment.....remember the cure for a bad TRIBBLE is 'the orville'
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Things I want from TRIBBLE:
    * Excursion uniform
    * Saru BOFF

Things I hope we never get from TRIBBLE:
    * Fake Klingons

Things from TRIBBLE I'm indifferent on being brought to STO:
    * Everything else

Well I guess you'll be okay then because STO is never going to use content from whatever the hell 'TRIBBLE' is. Referring back to the OP I doubt we'll get and fake Klingons of any sort. The canon variants from DSC will no doubt make an appearance like almost every other canon material but you can rest assured no fakes of any kind from non-existent shows will appear ingame.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    i'd pay $$$ for the orville ships uniforms and equipment.....remember the cure for a bad TRIBBLE is 'the orville'

xD I watch Orville to feel good about life. TRIBBLE is ok, but its to dark and moody, not to mention the blatant liberalism being shoved down your throat.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    xD I watch Orville to feel good about life. TRIBBLE is ok, but its to dark and moody, not to mention the blatant liberalism being shoved down your throat.

Liberalism? *confuzzled*

Discovery has promise. As it takes place in a time of war it will tend to be darker than TOS ever was. The difference in visual style is due to our better technology today over what was available back in the 60s. Having a tribute with the older set designs for an episode or two is fine. Basing an ENTIRE series on that visual style only caters to the hardcore fans and won't attract any new ones as it will look dated and cheesey by today's standards.

As for the actal look of the tech in universe, one theory a friend has is that the Constitution Class was one of the first Federation ships to be a joint project between the four founding memebers. So she would be visually different as there was design input from multiple races as opposed to maybe only human input as both the Shenzhou and Discovery bridges look like an evolution of the NX bridge. The design flow would go NX -> USS Kelvin (which did exist in both timelines) -> USS Shenzhou (as she was an older design) -> USS Discovery -> Constitution class.
    rattler2 wrote: »

Liberalism? *confuzzled*

Discovery has promise. As it takes place in a time of war it will tend to be darker than TOS ever was. The difference in visual style is due to our better technology today over what was available back in the 60s. Having a tribute with the older set designs for an episode or two is fine. Basing an ENTIRE series on that visual style only caters to the hardcore fans and won't attract any new ones as it will look dated and cheesey by today's standards.

As for the actal look of the tech in universe, one theory a friend has is that the Constitution Class was one of the first Federation ships to be a joint project between the four founding memebers. So she would be visually different as there was design input from multiple races as opposed to maybe only human input as both the Shenzhou and Discovery bridges look like an evolution of the NX bridge. The design flow would go NX -> USS Kelvin (which did exist in both timelines) -> USS Shenzhou (as she was an older design) -> USS Discovery -> Constitution class.

hey, at least cheesy, dated 60's set design was WELL-LIT...i couldn't see a god damn thing on the discovery OR the glenn because everything was almost pitch black

and i think the walker class may actually be an older design than whatever the kelvin is​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Well... the Glen was without power so that made sense.

And the Walker class is probably at least as old as the Kelvin.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Liberalism? *confuzzled*

Apparently, having a few female characters, a black character, and a TRIBBLE character means the show is pushing a liberal agenda ...

My main issues with the show are the look of those things they claim are Klingons, and the fact that T'Kuvma, the villain of the first two episodes, is more likable and relatable than the main character.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    USS Kelvin (which did exist in both timelines)

Any proof of that? There might be a USS Kelvin in the Prime Universe, but it might not be a single-nacelle starship. It all goes back to is the Kelvin Universe a parallel universe that existed for billions of years or was it a branched timeline that was created in 2233? There is no proof in the new Star Trek movies that the Kelvin Universe is a branched timeline or parallel universe.
    don't start that TRIBBLE up again; i am just as sick of seeing it as i am off seeing artan's fanatical TRIBBLE​​

#LegalizeAwoo

@starkaos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMK0qLVt0UU

GG no RE. Back to our regularly scheduled thread about Discovery gear.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2017
    starkaos wrote: »

Any proof of that? There might be a USS Kelvin in the Prime Universe, but it might not be a single-nacelle starship. It all goes back to is the Kelvin Universe a parallel universe that existed for billions of years or was it a branched timeline that was created in 2233? There is no proof in the new Star Trek movies that the Kelvin Universe is a branched timeline or parallel universe.

No such thing as the Kelvin Universe. Its the Kelvin Timeline. The setting is an out of universe consideration not an in universe one and as such can happily be confirmed by BtS material. In this case the USS Kelvin destruction is the point of divergence. In adition this is confirmed in 09 by Spock who recognises his own past and oddly enough doesn't conclude he's in a whole other universe where nacelle numbers are different.

Edit: Let's follow your full line of questioning down to its extremes shall we?

How do we know Kirk returns to the Prime Universe after Mirror Mirror? How do we know he doesn't return to a similar but completely divergent one? We never see the future of TOS in TOS do we? Hell for that matter; how do we know Kirk in TOS is the same as Kirk from TWoK? I mean he looks very different (he certainly has very different hair), for goodness sake, TWoK's Khan is Mexican and remembers Chekhov, something that the brownfaced non-Chekhov-seeing Khan of Space Seed couldn't possibly remember.

How do we know time wen't back to normal after the end of the Yesterdays Enterprise Timeline? Prove that we did or we're going to have to conclude that DS9, VGR, the rest of TNG and the TNG films are all a parallel universe very similar to the one prior to the YET.
    don't start that **** up again; i am just as sick of seeing it as i am off seeing artan's fanatical ****

Hmmmm. That's very interesting. Do go on.

No, seriously, go on, I've know idea which one you are.
    and i think the walker class may actually be an older design than whatever the kelvin is

It uses phase cannons (I think that's what they're called onscreen) like the NX or Franklin and not phaser beams like the Kelvin.
    The Kelvin is significantly old by the TOS era (the fact the Kelvin herself appears to be made of rust and exposed metal supports this) in addition the surviving Kelvin era ships are used mainly as cadet training ships as of slightly before the Cage era (as of the KTs Cage era anyway) but the Walker is even older still.

Though I do wish they'd have a consistent look. The NX fires weapons called cannons that look like orange beams from turrets, the Walker; blue bolts from turrets, Franklin; red bolts from turrets, Kelvin; red beams from turrets, KT Enterprise; red bolts from emitters (or fixed turrets), Prime Enterprise; blue beams from emitters, and prime Conni refit; orange broken beams from emitters.

Going from orange to red to blue to red to blue to red/blue to orange is strange enough but to also go from beams to bolts to beams/bolts to broken beams... Weird.​​
    Post edited by artan42 on
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    OOlXEYX.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I just hope they don't add the Discovery ship, it looks horrendous.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    We will just have to wait and see if there is a USS Kelvin in Discovery and if it looks the same as the USS Kelvin in Star Trek 2009. There might even be an updated version of the Enterprise since Captain Pike commanded the Enterprise at the same time that Captain Lorca commanded the Discovery.
    artan42 wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »

Edit: Let's follow your full line of questioning down to its extremes shall we?

How do we know Kirk returns to the Prime Universe after Mirror Mirror? How do we know he doesn't return to a similar but completely divergent one? We never see the future of TOS in TOS do we? Hell for that matter; how do we know Kirk in TOS is the same as Kirk from TWoK? I mean he looks very different (he certainly has very different hair), for goodness sake, TWoK's Khan is Mexican and remembers Chekhov, something that the brownfaced non-Chekhov-seeing Khan of Space Seed couldn't possibly remember.

How do we know time wen't back to normal after the end of the Yesterdays Enterprise Timeline? Prove that we did or we're going to have to conclude that DS9, VGR, the rest of TNG and the TNG films are all a parallel universe very similar to the one prior to the YET.

You are correct. Due to time travel and interdimensional travel, there is no way we can prove that the Kirk in TOS is the same as Kirk from TWOK or any other instance of time travel or interdimensional travel. All you can do is say "Eh. Close enough." and learn to deal with your new family having lizard tongues. So Star Trek could be as messed up as Rick and Morty as far as who belongs in their original universe. We already know that Harry Kim and Naomi Wildman belong in a different universe, but a ton of other people on Voyager could belong in a different universe as well.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The ships from DSC could really make intersting additions to the game. Particularly the Klingon ships might offer some new inspiration.

And Saru's race would be a great addition to the game as well.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The Discovery will make it into the game for sure. But that ship will give the devs a serious headache. Animating thouse turning disks and the "magic mushroom drive gyroscope" sequence will be a serious challenge.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    They already have ships with rotating animations, like the Command Cruisers or the Tier 6 Veteran ship.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    The hell with the ships, I want a Tardigrade Boff :)
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    They already have ships with rotating animations, like the Command Cruisers or the Tier 6 Veteran ship.

True, particularly the Klingon D4x. This seems a little bit more abitious though:

And the gyroscope sequence is even more complex.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited October 2017

ok team let's talk! you will put these new shiny's in lock boxes. which is your prerogative. however, some of us don't like single char unlocks.
    how about the lockbox vers. would have better consoles and/or better seatings and the c store vers. would have less. one design double profit! every one is happy

Post edited by garaks31 on