Dominion
Ferengi
Borg
Terran Empire
Other (please state)

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    all of the above​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Not on the list, but as a potential villian or even ally. I would not mind seeing the Sheliak from tng. Here is a look at race depiction, and the colony ship they used in the episode. As a non-humanoid race it would be interesting to see.

1000?cb=20161121022939&path-prefix=en

1000?cb=20161121023055&path-prefix=en

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    As unlikely as they will be, I still would like Cardassians. Which I'm guessing will be ran into in season 2 or 3 of TRIBBLE, which will turn them green and they will lose their signature spoon...
    Post edited by lianthelia on
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    While I'd like to see more factions. It's been stated, if they're instituted they'd be the same on LoR and AoY. A mini-faction.

But, in general here, don't take the Faction someone used to create a character, as that characters faction. This is mainly for Role playing and bios.

Take for instance. I have a Rom-Fed Alien and a Rom-KDF Alien. Neither of these aliens actually represent any of the factions we have. I just used those factions for costumes and ships.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    None.

Why? Because it would just suck. They would make these 'new factions' give them 4 or 5 unique missions to start and then make them feds like they do with the Romulans and Klingons.

Illusion of choice is not actual choice. If they could make these as actual factions.. then that would be one thing, but I think we all know they can't/won't. Better off to just not even bother.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    None.

Why? Because it would just suck. They would make these 'new factions' give them 4 or 5 unique missions to start and then make them feds like they do with the Romulans and Klingons.

Illusion of choice is not actual choice. If they could make these as actual factions.. then that would be one thing, but I think we all know they can't/won't. Better off to just not even bother.

I agree either devote the time to make them their own faction or just leave them alone. Plus i'd imagine Cardies, Dominion, Tzenkethi, Breen, Tholians, Ferengi, Xindi are pretty much off the table due to their primary ships being lockbox or lobi.

Part of playing one of this species for me is flying the ships that appear in the show. Universally affordable and obtainable Galor/Keldon/Bugships ect will be missing for the shipyards/C-Store which is a turn off for me right there.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    The only way I could see them doing a Lor style faction, to a more full on faction in the likes of the Fed/KDF would be to do it in a form of paid expansion set-up., or a kickstarter style funding situation. I think it is a combination of money, and also just man-power, they would need to hire a second team that would work on such faction expansions, while the main team works on pushing the current content forward. The question would be if players would be willing to pay 50-60 dollars for a faction expansion pack an be profitable. That would have a set of new races, new missions, some ships, and maybe some new mechanics possibly.

I could see race expansions though. Like a small pack that you buy to give you the ability to make a character of a new race, as well as potentially maybe a small set of side-missions related to them an maybe a ship related to them. An example of this would be the Cardassians as a race-pack that gives you access to a set of three missions detailing events an why you are leaving Cardassia, at the end of which you would need to ally with one of the three main factions like the Romulans just on a smaller scale.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Just Cardassian.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Breen - to be honest though, I'd settle for being able to play as a Breen.
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Wookie?
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I’ve always fancied a freelance faction, so you can pick which story to follow at the start and can choose which sides version of the later stories you do.
    Something where you can play STO but not be trapped into playing as part of the big 3 which don’t really appeal to some people.
    SulMatuul.png
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Voth!

As just a playable species for the existing factions would be great too.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    What they could do is create the parts and costumes of each species and attach them to the tailor to be used when you create an alien character. If they want to monetize this put each species as a bundle in the C-store.

Would allow you to create a cannon looking character and crew to fly the various lockbox/promo/event/lobi ships they released.

They could also expand the Federation members this way, after all the Federation as of ST. Insurrection is made up of 150 members.
    Post edited by ussvaliant#6064 on
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    section 31, TRIBBLE around with mycelium.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    REAL romulans.

this but more realistically
    None.

tho Voth rebels could be an interesting mini-fraction like TOSlings
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Cooperative Borg, that is all
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @lordsteve1 said:
    > I’ve always fancied a freelance faction, so you can pick which story to follow at the start and can choose which sides version of the later stories you do.
    > Something where you can play STO but not be trapped into playing as part of the big 3 which don’t really appeal to some people.

Do you mean a Civilian faction? (Bounty Hunters, Privateers, Traders etc.)
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    A lawless faction might be nice. Hunters, con artists and renegades. Im waiting for the dominion. Wanna get my hands on a battleship
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    kekvin wrote: »
    A lawless faction might be nice. Hunters, con artists and renegades. Im waiting for the dominion. Wanna get my hands on a battleship
    Orion Pirates
    Spock.jpg

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    kekvin wrote: »
    Orion Pirates

We kicked their TRIBBLE just recently, I can imagine them holding a grudge.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    Absolutely no new faction. I'd rather see new content that expands existing factions. Seriously, do people want to play as a Cardassian or Jem'Hadar for at best half a dozen episodes before you're jammed into working for the Federation or the Klingons? Can you imagine a Dominion faction that did that?
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Texas
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    stofsk wrote: »
    Absolutely no new faction. I'd rather see new content that expands existing factions. Seriously, do people want to play as a Cardassian or Jem'Hadar for at best half a dozen episodes before you're jammed into working for the Federation or the Klingons? Can you imagine a Dominion faction that did that?
    A social zone on the Founder's HW would go a long way to making it fun. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    @marty123#3757 sort of a civilian faction I guess yeah.
    So that you would be given a variety of civilian cargo ships or private security vessels to pick from, but could still purchase the top end lockbox and Lobi stuff as it’s sild to all players.
    SulMatuul.png
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Texas

This
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    REAL romulans.
    +1
    make them independent after level 10 and not force us to choose side.

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    binebane wrote: »
    REAL romulans.
    +1
    make them independent after level 10 and not force us to choose side.

This also, I have a number of Roms, both Fed and KDF aligned, having an actual Rom, and not just a Fed or KF with a different look and limited ship options would be awesome, although I think the fact that things like Fleets, most STFs etc being Faction specific would make it either impossible, or way too expensive to do. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the current game engine only allows for two actual distinct factions, but that was a long time ago and I'm kinda old and senile.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png