test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Character Copy not working

johnbr216johnbr216 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
Hey just wanted to report the Character copy is not working for me since 8/12/2016. I am getting a 502 Bad Gateway.

Dua059q.jpg

Cryptic Lifetime account since Thursday, January 21, 2010
2311 days and counting.

Comments

• macair99macair99 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same to me
  • silver9575silver9575 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2016
    Hmmmm....

Hey-O!

I think there is a larger issue at play here. I've noticed that when I try and access the page, which does load up for me in ARC, I am asked to Sign Up for access to the tribble server. Something I have not had to, nor should I have to do as I am a lifetime Subscriber. I think there may be an issue, or maybe even an update to how tribble access is being controlled right now. Once I do hit the Sign up button, I receive the Gateway error you are all receiving.

I will look into this and pass this along the Bug Basher Channels to the Dev team.

I shall keep you all apprised.
  • johnbr216johnbr216 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Hey Primar,

yeah I can report that as well. I don't know if my browser cashe wasn't cleared, or I just happened after they made change. And if you do click on sign up it takes you back to the Bad Gateway.

GN3zBIp.jpg

And supporting your theory, i get the same message on other games [Champions Online]....so it might have been a global change meant for another game...that screwed up the sto char copy portal....
    Cryptic Lifetime account since Thursday, January 21, 2010
    2311 days and counting.
  • tomlalotomlalo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still the same today... lets hope the best.
    The Devs are aware and this is being worked on.

All the information that I can provide at this juncture.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    It's working again, but I'm having a different issue, I can't get to my newer characters because I have too many and it won't let me select them from the drop down list. You used to have to like hit tab I think it was but that doesn't seem to be working anymore. Any suggestions?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
    rtk142 wrote: »
    It's working again, but I'm having a different issue, I can't get to my newer characters because I have too many and it won't let me select them from the drop down list. You used to have to like hit tab I think it was but that doesn't seem to be working anymore. Any suggestions?

At that point, you probably need to start deleting characters.
  • g29#1397 g29 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can anyone please tell me & provide a link for signing up for tribble & redshirt i really want to get on to them but every time i go to the character transfer page it say i have no characters & i have to create one in game & come back but i already have one for sto specific links would be very helpful specifically ones for signing up for those 2 servers please help!
  • revenzerorevenzero Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Seems like Character Transfer is still down i get the message "There are no test servers available for your account on this game."
  • jansil#1393 jansil Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I'm getting this error as well.
    5LDlF2OzQv2cfm6gvJbK7NsuAa6NHb5SpuQ8jcxFSxsqru1_qV6oTSKyONcllFD_46lJ3xpzlc3VrCE=w1366-h645
  • revenzerorevenzero Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I submitted a ticket about it, i figure they disable the character transfer at certain times. but didnt realise this till i deleted my characters, to copy more recent versions over. that have access to more T6 ships. since there is no way to claim account unlocks on tribble.