test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boldly Go to MARS ! (insight 2018 NASA Boarding Pass)

toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited October 2017 in Ten Forward
Ladys and Gentleman

Here we begin our Yourney to Mars !

We decleare that we are Tired with Mother Earth ,
its political weiredness and we need fresh air and new Horizons....

so HERE IS YOUR CHANCE !

A Ticket to Mars , with the INSIGHT mission 2018

insight20170928b-00076d8127f0b030.jpeg

So send something with them !
even its only your Thoughts and your best wishes !!!!

ENTER NASA BOARDING TICKET

Enter your name HERE and get your special NASA BOARDING TICKET

Your Name and your SUPPORT will be sign into a micro chip onboard and travel with the
Mission to Mars. It will support the Mission and will stay in the Remains of the Mission craft
forever , even after the mission is over.

USE YOUR PERSONAL CHANCE TO SEND SOMETHING TO MARS IN YOUR LIFE !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-fA3YQ4C0g

Comments

• toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    ONBOARD for ever !

w3bc34ffxizm.gif
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I find this to be incredibly premature. We should have a functional lunar base before we even think about sending someone to Mars. After all, a rescue mission to the Moon is far more likely to succeed compared to a rescue mission to Mars.
    edited October 2017
    This is an one Way Ticket !

pdu5m3nvdg0v.gif

dont worry nobody will come to rescue for this mission ...
    your remains will stay on mars for maybee tousand of years

8))

so who will be on this mission also ?
    New submissions will be accepted through Nov. 1, 2017

just thinking
    frequent flyer bonus
    what do i get for this 500 million km trip ???
    Post edited by toraknu on
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    I find this to be incredibly premature. We should have a functional lunar base before we even think about sending someone to Mars. After all, a rescue mission to the Moon is far more likely to succeed compared to a rescue mission to Mars.

i don't think the ticket is for actual people...it looks more like the names of the people filling out the tickets will be loaded into the craft's computer systems and they'll be 'sent' to mars that way

but the actual people will still be stuck on earth​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited October 2017
    hey garak lets have an virtual drink inside the landing crafts computer
    virtual minibar ! 8))
    edited October 2017
    wonderful video

so lets seee who will come with us. show us your Tickets Please

what will they do with our names on top of a ATLAS V Rocket
    throw them into space as sooon as possible !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adb6FQwDnEw

okok its cape kennedy and the MUOS-5 mission ,
    but a fine video about a atlas V start
    Post edited by toraknu on
    starkaos wrote: »

i don't think the ticket is for actual people...it looks more like the names of the people filling out the tickets will be loaded into the craft's computer systems and they'll be 'sent' to mars that way

but the actual people will still be stuck on earth​​

Was talking about the whole focus on getting people to Mars rather than this particular ticket. Unless some science fiction material is discovered on Mars, then it is far more beneficial to build an scientific and industrial complex on the Moon since the payoff is far more immediate.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Luna's really not that valuable either. We're pretty sure now what it's made out of - and until fusion power becomes practical, the Helium-3 in the regolith is fairly useless to us.

If you want ROI, you want to finance mining missions to asteroids, or water-retrieval from comets or Saturn's rings. Neither the Moon nor Mars is terribly useful as real estate, and the problem with launching any further missions from either one is that neither one sits still. (Yes, Luna orbits Earth, but both Earth and Mars orbit Sol at different speeds and in different orbits. They're only even on the same side of the Sun once every couple of Earth years.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    jonsills wrote: »
    Luna's really not that valuable either. We're pretty sure now what it's made out of - and until fusion power becomes practical, the Helium-3 in the regolith is fairly useless to us.

If you want ROI, you want to finance mining missions to asteroids, or water-retrieval from comets or Saturn's rings. Neither the Moon nor Mars is terribly useful as real estate, and the problem with launching any further missions from either one is that neither one sits still. (Yes, Luna orbits Earth, but both Earth and Mars orbit Sol at different speeds and in different orbits. They're only even on the same side of the Sun once every couple of Earth years.)

Was thinking more of the benefits of putting our industry and research on the moon rather than anything that might be found on the moon. Building an optical interferometer on the moon would provide far better resolution than anything we could create on Earth or launch into orbit without the annoying atmosphere getting in the way. Also, with a minimal atmosphere, there is no risk for dangerous research and chemicals getting into the atmosphere and killing millions. Only research that I could see being a danger to Earth that is produced on Mars is grey goo or the creation of a deadly new lifeform that can survive space like killer androids. Also, the low gravity might be sufficient to create certain materials. People prefer working on solid ground rather than floating in space. So any material production that can be done on the Moon will be done there.
    valoreah wrote: »

This is the problem with the new Total Recall movie. The only thing similar between the two movies is that it is set in the future and the main character is a spy who had their memories replaced with new memories until they go to a VR Vacation business. Wrath of Khan has more in common with Into Darkness compared to the two Total Recall movies.