test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Personal weapons flickering

arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 207 Arc User
Whatever lighting effect that is attached to them is causing them to flicker much the same way as when a fluorescent bulb is starting to expire.

Comments

• rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    I can confirm that.

Already posted bug report in game. and mentioned it on reddit.

I have tried multiple computers and so far it only happens on NVIDIA based GPUs.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I already reported this and the flickering tribbles before Season 14. It's not simply a matter of flickering. Sometimes, objects appear too dark as well. I explained all of this in the Tribble bug forum before Season 14. I will file more bug reports on Holodeck when I have the time.

Tribble thread: Flickering tribbles on Federation fleet starbase
    Tribble thread: Flickering ground weapons

Edited URL. Vanilla, don't eat this post.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    confirmed and annoying :D
    aside from weapons (not just yours, ALL personal weapons flicker if you happen to be in a social zone) and tribbles, other small objects on desks at SFA and DS9 ground appear to suffer

running AMD so its not a Nvidia issue
  • rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I just did azure Nebula Rescue, as it is current endevour, and fog/particles in this map flicker like a strobe.

Updated drivers no change. Asked my friend to test it he has no issues at all. NVIDIA card.

https://youtu.be/jKwJvR8MRO0
    Post edited by rybaksix on
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Although I have not tested on different graphics cards, I do not believe this is bug is specific to certain cards. What seems to make a difference is whether you turn Lighting 2.0 on or not. I do not see flickering with Lighting 2.0 turned on. That doesn't mean that everything is working correctly when Lighting 2.0 is on. Ground weapons, tribbles, and possibly other objects appear too dark under certain lighting conditions from certain camera angles and distances; this usually happens when Lighting 2.0 is on, but can also happen when Lighting 2.0 is off in some environments.

The flickering doesn't happen on every map. I did not see flickering on ESD or the Dranuur Colony. However, I did see something strange on ESD with Lighting 2.0 turned off. In certain spots, small movements back and forth or to the left and right can drastically change the brightness of the weapon. Take one step, and the weapon suddenly goes from normal looking to very dark. I will file more detailed bug reports with screenshots when I have time.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png