test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daily patching since season 14 now the new standard?

I am wondering will there now be every day downtime since season 14?
And why is STO still crashing so often since season 14?

(they don't mentioning solving the crashing in the patch notes anymore, is that not anymore on the to solve buglist?)

Comments

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Because having lots of patches/problems the week of a Large Release is typical of MMOs in general? It's happened before in this game on Season releases, it's happened in other MMOs I've played.... eh, nothing new here. :|

Is it a bit annoying? Sure.
    Is it at all surprising? No. /shrug
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    ...Is it at all surprising? No. /shrug

Not only am I not surprised, I expected it. Players are beta-testers for about two weeks after the release of every new season. Join the game in this window of time at your own peril.
  • gwyrdallongwyrdallon Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    It is really annoying when it falls into one of the two times I can play each day.
  • blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    This is the new "Red alert Patch" average wait time 2-3 hours, unfortunately you don't get any fleet marks for completing it :(
  • blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    cryptic is so cryptic that even cryptic doesn't know what it is doing, that is why they fix 2 problems and create 3 more, been like this for a few years now but since season 12, 13 and the all important season 13.5 and now 14...

As a long time gaming modder we had a saying, "Release dates are for people who don't care about the quality of their work."
  • cryshalsingcryshalsing Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I guess I should be grateful it wasn't as craptastic as season 13 roll out where less than 6 hours after the roll out, game was shut down for nearly a full day...