test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Save Outfit" feature in tailor appears broken

duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
Howdie,

Following season 14 update, the "save outfit" feature in the tailor appears to be broken. Old costumes (made prior to today's patch) can be loaded but saving appears to do nothing in-game. In the screenshot folder, a costume file is being made but for whatever reason it's not usable in STO.

I tested with multiple player characters and bridge officers in the ground tailor. I also tested with the ship tailor (same issue). I troubleshooted by relogging, restarting, and force-verifying STO.

For context: I use the save costume feature on pretty much a daily basis while playing STO. So, I'm greatly looking forward to a resolution. :)
Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Same problem here. I can change a costume and wear it, but the save function, that adds a new pictures under the costume files to sellect from after clicking the save button, no longer adds a new file/picture to choose from later.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • silvana3silvana3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    *bump* having the same issue.
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Same issue here.
    giphy.gif
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Same
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ripperjk02ripperjk02 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Yep, since patch I cannot save any new outfits - across all my characters.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    the tag line attatched to the file is missing, so the game doesnt have any idea what to do with the image in your screenshots folder.
    a temporary work around however may be usefull.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/character_editor.php

this will alow you to load a character and resave it under different specifications, then you download it and move it to your screenshots folder under your star trek online game folder.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    the tag line attatched to the file is missing, so the game doesnt have any idea what to do with the image in your screenshots folder.
    a temporary work around however may be usefull.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/character_editor.php

this will alow you to load a character and resave it under different specifications, then you download it and move it to your screenshots folder under your star trek online game folder.

I just tried playing around with tags and that import tool. Replicating what's listed in the properties window for pre-bug tailor files didn't fix it. Either I'm missing something or there's still more at work here.

And for general update: Kael did acknowledge the "save outfit - broken" bug during today's Ten Forward stream. The devs are aware and are working on it (hopefully fix coming soon.)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    when I save outfits...in the folder in the sto directory, new images and other files appear, yet in the load outfit screen, the newly saved outfit is not present.

so its saving them, its just not displaying them.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    when I save outfits...in the folder in the sto directory, new images and other files appear, yet in the load outfit screen, the newly saved outfit is not present.

so its saving them, its just not displaying them.

I just checked this out. I found several files that were made just a few hours ago that correspond to the costumes I tried to save a few hours ago.
    so, the game IS saving them, its just flat out refusing to read them.
    Murphy's laws:
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Same.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • vinniedixvinniedix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Bump... I'm having the same issue
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User

The tags aren't missing exactly. But there's likely a formatting error in the metadata that's preventing the tags from being read. I've compared my old and new files in a text editor, and I think the error is likely around the part that says "Photoshop 3.0 8BIM", which appears before the tags.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    any ideas on a fix?
    Murphy's laws:
    third day, third patch in a row incoming, and yet still no fix on the tailor.
    Murphy's laws:
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »

The tags aren't missing exactly. But there's likely a formatting error in the metadata that's preventing the tags from being read. I've compared my old and new files in a text editor, and I think the error is likely around the part that says "Photoshop 3.0 8BIM", which appears before the tags.

Good work! Where's that 'Like' button when you need it?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue! Thought I was the only one. I asked around and it's a 50-50 split on who has the issue. So a lot of people have this. I'm a big tailor guy, and this glitch sucks.
  • snowarcsnowarc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    same issue i have too
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »

Then it's different for different people because I have zero tags on saved tailor jpegs since the season patch, and manually tagging them with the same copy&pasted tags from tailor jpegs saved before the patch do not correct the problem.
    Greenbird
  • lostyuslostyus Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I've also got this bug, with Costume Tailor and Ship Tailor.
    lostyus wrote: »
    I've also got this bug, with Costume Tailor and Ship Tailor.

I don't change my ship as often as I do my uniform so I did not notice this. I'll have to confirm next time I'm in game.
    so..its the tailor system as a collective whole with the problem....ship and costume..
    Murphy's laws:
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Can confirm, saving works fine, its loading where it is broken.
    edited October 2017
    I did mention all this in the OP (but it's good to have confirmation that this doesn't appear to be a system specific issue)... :tongue:
  • tunicate515#4416 tunicate515 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    Can confirm, saving works fine, its loading where it is broken.

Actually, you have it backwards.

The LOADING works fine, but the SAVING does not.

What I mean: anything that was saved before 10/3 loads fine. That means the loading works correctly.

However anything that was saved after 10/3 does not work. That means there is an error in the SAVING process.

So you are wrong: the SAVING does not work, but the LOADING does.
  • tunicate515#4416 tunicate515 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    PS: yes, I know it still creates a file in your screenshots folder when you save. But there is something wrong with the files it is creating after 10/3. Hence the problem is still in the SAVING side, not the loading side.
    so, the question becomes..how to fix it..
    Murphy's laws:
  • jim#7736 jim Member Posts: 1 New User
    just spent ages trying everything, from what iv seen on by googleing it its happened before but the previous fix doesnt work. my outfits are also saving to file but not showing in game.
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    so, the question becomes..how to fix it..
    Devs are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. (source: Ten Forward Weekly livestream.)

• ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Same.