test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New emote on the emote list

Anyone else happen to take notice that there is a new emote (locked) on the emotes list, dance [zombie]. I tried looking around online and came up drawing alot of blanks. Any idea's what it could be from or if anything is planned for it.

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I haven't actually seen this. Nor am I able to find any information about it. Who knows, perhaps it'll be an unlock from the Kobali?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Halloween giveaway?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It's in honor of all the Fleets after the Dranuur Colony.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »

Would this be the theme song for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WXYjm74WFI
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Yep, as the tumbleweed blows through the decks of the Starbase. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > It's in honor of all the Fleets after the Dranuur Colony.

:D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

I'm not sure that I get the logic on this. Even if the colony dies from neglect due to players finding the requirements unreasonable, how does it hurt fleets? Everything they had before the colony came out is still there, after all.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Neverwinter has a zombie dance... aka, MJ's Thriller dance... I wonder if they are the same
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Instead of an Accolade Title, we’ll probably get the dance for farming nodes on Dranuur a thousand times. We will all feel like zombies, then.

Fitting, actually.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Check back closer to Halloween (see. zombie).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I'd like to see a " Going Postal " emote where you go crazy and run around screaming.

I'd wear it out with these upgrades..........

I'd prefer a "thats it, I'm done" emote where you beam down a bed and take a nap.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »

I'd prefer a "thats it, I'm done" emote where you beam down a bed and take a nap.

Can I second this?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    I'd like to see a " Going Postal " emote where you go crazy and run around screaming.

I'd prefer this as a "Gone Fishing" emote. You beam in a lounge chair, a fishing pole, a cooler of beer, and the flop in the chair, fishing and drinking beer, until you tell the game other wise.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

I'd prefer this as a "Gone Fishing" emote. You beam in a lounge chair, a fishing pole, a cooler of beer, and the flop in the chair, fishing and drinking beer, until you tell the game other wise.

Sounds like me on many weekends. I could go with an emote like this.

• starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Are you guys talking about the "zombie" emote? or the "grinding" emote tiger-2.gif​​
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    tousseau wrote: »
    Neverwinter has a zombie dance... aka, MJ's Thriller dance... I wonder if they are the same

Probably. I remember some of the dances over there are ones we have in STO. And I'm pretty sure Neverwinter is running the same engine as STO. Also their seductive dance is our Nerve Tonic triggered dance. Wish they'd bring over some of the hairstyles and the Folk Dance.

Rarity-Goes-To-Sleep-On-The-Magic-Couch-On-My-Little-Pony.gif

Drama Queen. :p;)

anodynes wrote: »
    I'm not sure that I get the logic on this. Even if the colony dies from neglect due to players finding the requirements unreasonable, how does it hurt fleets? Everything they had before the colony came out is still there, after all.

I doubt it will "die from neglect" as this is a 5 tier fleet holding. We haven't had one since the original Starbase. This isn't something meant to be a short term project. This is supposed to take a while. The largest fleets will get it done in the shortest amount of time due to activity level and being able to spread the work around more. Smaller fleets will lag behind significantly, but I can see those in active armadas picking up some of the slack for fleet credits. Also the gear available on the colony seems to be geared more towards tanking, which may imply we may need to rely on more tactics than just "Kill it fast", which im my honest opinion is a badly needed blow to the "DPS or GTFO" mentality. Playstyle variety is in need of being valid again rather than the same cookie cutter builds.

Also its way too early to be saying anything about a holding dieing. No one's even hit Tier 1 yet.

Also... bikinis and surfboards on the colony. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2017
    rattler2 wrote: »
    tousseau wrote: »

Probably. I remember some of the dances over there are ones we have in STO. And I'm pretty sure Neverwinter is running the same engine as STO. Also their seductive dance is our Nerve Tonic triggered dance. Wish they'd bring over some of the hairstyles and the Folk Dance.

Rarity-Goes-To-Sleep-On-The-Magic-Couch-On-My-Little-Pony.gif

Drama Queen. :p;)

anodynes wrote: »

I doubt it will "die from neglect" as this is a 5 tier fleet holding. We haven't had one since the original Starbase. This isn't something meant to be a short term project. This is supposed to take a while. The largest fleets will get it done in the shortest amount of time due to activity level and being able to spread the work around more. Smaller fleets will lag behind significantly, but I can see those in active armadas picking up some of the slack for fleet credits. Also the gear available on the colony seems to be geared more towards tanking, which may imply we may need to rely on more tactics than just "Kill it fast", which im my honest opinion is a badly needed blow to the "DPS or GTFO" mentality. Playstyle variety is in need of being valid again rather than the same cookie cutter builds.

Also its way too early to be saying anything about a holding dieing. No one's even hit Tier 1 yet.

Also... bikinis and surfboards on the colony. ;)

Well the latest projections I've seen on the new holding aren't bad. If a larger fleet, or any fleet, can keep up the farming and keep these projects running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Then they can finish this holding in 230 days. So, yes, this holding isn't going to be completed by anyone, anytime soon.

As to the new spec and gear being more tank focused. Like you, I'm hoping that's a prelude to more mechanic oriented stuff, over super pew mode.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Oh definately. We need more play variety desperately.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I'd prefer if we get some new postures/stances to choose from. That way, we'd be able to properly zombie all over the place!

Now, I don't know the specifics, but I am fairly certain that some animations are dictated by posture, and not just idle animations. For instance, using an agony rifle or stun beam on the Voth will cause them to the club dance, instead of just stand there dazed. I also know that some npcs using the seductive stance will perform the Orion slave girl nerve tonic dance instead of playing the stun animation, so it's got to be related to stances. Just imagine a zombie posture, similar to the creature, where your walking animation is replaced by a lazy shuffle with your arms out. Would be crazy.
    I'd prefer if we get some new postures/stances to choose from. That way, we'd be able to properly zombie all over the place!

Now, I don't know the specifics, but I am fairly certain that some animations are dictated by posture, and not just idle animations. For instance, using an agony rifle or stun beam on the Voth will cause them to the club dance, instead of just stand there dazed. I also know that some npcs using the seductive stance will perform the Orion slave girl nerve tonic dance instead of playing the stun animation, so it's got to be related to stances. Just imagine a zombie posture, similar to the creature, where your walking animation is replaced by a lazy shuffle with your arms out. Would be crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9tAKtdncAY
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I saw it... don't know if it's one you can unlock with Phoenix pack like many can be or if it's one of the few you need to earn from completing an actual accolade like Nimbus Dance Challenge at the Bar requiring to be done 4 times.
    0zxlclk.png
    strathkin wrote: »
    I saw it... don't know if it's one you can unlock with Phoenix pack like many can be or if it's one of the few you need to earn from completing an actual accolade like Nimbus Dance Challenge at the Bar requiring to be done 4 times.

I'm going to have to with some of the others here. It's like going to have something to do with the upcoming Hearts and Minds stuff for Halloween.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

It's not in the phoenix box because I have already looked.
    They would have noted it in the Phoenix Prize list (though that has been wrong before) if it was added there. It would seem that no one recalls this ever being in game or as a special unlock from the past.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    They would have noted it in the Phoenix Prize list (though that has been wrong before) if it was added there. It would seem that no one recalls this ever being in game or as a special unlock from the past.

I had read something about new emotes about a month or so ago. I can't find it at the current moment. The next time I'm in game, I'll ask my friend that had linked it, if they still have the link.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I kind of wish there was a Halloween event, I just want to see how an autumn-based location would look like in this game.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I kind of wish there was a Halloween event, I just want to see how an autumn-based location would look like in this game.

You mean something other than Hearts and Minds mission?