test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uh...why are my cannons going on 5-8 second CD?

All my ships that use cannon builds are going on these crazy 5-8 second cool downs after firing. Haven't yet pinpointed the ability that is causing this but it is looking like volley or rapid fire. Nothing has changed in the builds and it doesn't matter what STF I m running...there is a massive difference in my rate of fire across all chars with cannons.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmmmm...this is disturbing.

I have not been on for a few days...and cannons get screwedup? I think the new stuff from the new FE messes with cannons. Don't tell me they broke "normal" cannon firing speed just so the new stuff looks better?

Is this in bug reports, yet?

I won't be on to check for another couple of days....
    I wait out new Season patches until the dust settles.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Hmmmm...this is disturbing, indeed.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, but not enough information to make heads or tails of what might be happening by reading the OP, Mei.

It could be the usual lag from everyone checking out new season stuff?
    Or the new "set" or gods knows.

Patch notes for October 3: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10671444

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Just checked on the current build of Tribble which is normally the same as the live one. No problem on my side for the cannons of my D4x in a story instance, they fire at the usual rate.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    edited October 2017
    Notes:

From 3 Oct Patch notes:
    Resolved an issue that prevented Target Subsystems from working with Turrets.
    Resolved an issue that was causing Dual Heavy Cannons to suffer an excessive Accuracy Rating Penalty under Cannon: Scatter Volley III.

Only thing on the new set shouldn't mess with firing rate...
    and you can't get to it until you get all 4 pieces of the set.
    Activating a Cannon Bridge Officer ability applies:
    +Shield Power for a short duration

(BTW...you guys have that listed as a second 3 piece set in the Blog:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10671254-melting-pot-week-one-rewards)

So, what else....Miracle Worker Specialization do anything for cannons? Blog is incomplete. Yeah, have to go in game to see that stuff...which I am not doing right now. LOL!

• pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I'm not sure what the problem is, but I definitely noticed an issue with the rate of fire. I guess it's a cooldown issue because the cannons fire normally ... but then there's a noticeably longer delay between each "barrage" of cannon fire.

Maybe it's server lag related or something related to cannons got messed up with the new season patch.

I guess we should be used to this type of issue with every major patch: One step forward and two steps back.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
    Sorry...testing on Tribble doesn't count toward troubleshooting on Holodeck.

Everyone using Dual Heavies? And energy types?
    I think the new set stuff +damage to Tetryon.

• alcaatrazalcaatraz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Can you get a picture of the cannon when its going on this CD?
    --- @alcaatraz || I make tanks and do maths stuffs ---
    "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Pretty sure since the great S13 balance/nerf, cannon firing rates were decreased, unless there's some other problem making it all worse.

On my D4x the elachi DHC volleys do feel and behave atrociously slow, having to wait way too long between firing bursts. There's little point to having so much speed and turn rate (except for keeping defenses higher) when all it does is add even more delay if not on target when they're ready.

I greatly disliked the way Cryptic nerfed the OP ground assault rifles in the same way a long time ago, instead of just cutting their damage output, they lowered it by slowing the firing rates, making them no longer feel like assault rifles. In the same way, Cannons now feel like lances instead of 'cannon: rapid fire 3.'
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    Dang....there are people all over the forums complaining about lag everywhere!!

Though this cannon thing is making me curious... I ain't going back in until "rush hour" for new content is over.

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Just tested in a Borg Red Alert on Live and the cannons of my D4x still have the proper cooldown, both DHC and DC, even when using CSV.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Dang....there are people all over the forums complaining about lag everywhere!!

Though this cannon thing is making me curious... I ain't going back in until "rush hour" for new content is over.

I've been experiencing a great deal of rubberbanding since Friday or Saturday, just constantly getting yanked backwards in ESD, sector space, and both ground and space parts of missions. So bad it's almost unplayable.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Cryptic fixed a couple cannon issues, which means they broke many other things while doing so.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    ESD is usually the worst for rubberbanding.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    ESD is usually the worst for rubberbanding.

I played the Nexus mission a bunch of times over the weekend (had to arm my new TNG toon and away team with appropriate weapons) and that was the worst for me. Run onto the holodeck, teleport back into the hallway​, run into ten forward get pulled back out, etc etc every single time I ran the mission.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    All my ships that use cannon builds are going on these crazy 5-8 second cool downs after firing. Haven't yet pinpointed the ability that is causing this but it is looking like volley or rapid fire. Nothing has changed in the builds and it doesn't matter what STF I m running...there is a massive difference in my rate of fire across all chars with cannons.
    Borg boarding parties? Try running a different kind of PVE (ie.not an STF) to see if the problem can't be laid at a certain enemy's feet.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You have to train your crew to load the gunpowder and ball quicker. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I have the Terran DHC on my build at it is working exactly the arm as always, not noticed any weirdness to be honest.

Could be mega lag, there seems to be plenty of that about.
    SulMatuul.png
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    How often are you holding drills? Or do you just let your crew sit around drinking synthale?

*on a serious note, there should be a boff assignment that if you crit, it gives +25 firing haste.
  • gyrdallon#7428 gyrdallon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Are you sure you aren't confusing the timer that shows how long you have left until the cannon ability expires with a cooldown timer? It can really look similar.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User

should show the duration remaining of csv/crf abilities. just fire again ;)
  • sisko09sisko09 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Cannons work perfect fine on my Defiant
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I tried on 3 different alts last night various vessels with cannons DHC/Quad/DC combos, of most damage types.. They seemed to be firing correctly on normal, CRF and CSV
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Guys, there's a very good chance that the OP simply didn't know what the enemies in STF's could do.

Ability: Boarding Party
    Borg Sphere
    Borg Probe
    Borg Cube
    • chance to add +N sec (Delay) to recharge time to one of the following systems: Energy Weapons, Projectiles, Tactical, Engineering or Science abilities.
    • Borg vessels using this ability use transporters instead of shuttlecraft.

Unless they come back with more detail, we can put this one to bed.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    no issues on any of my cannon builds and no drop in dps either.
    Go pro or go home