test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extreme Lag, Are We Under Attack?

tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
Almost feels like there might be a DDoS in progress, for how badly it's lagging right now.

Edit: Now a "You did not disconnect in 0 seconds. Goodbye!" message. And it reset to the beginning of the episode. :/

Comments

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I had encountered this problem while playing the new ground queue.
  • Options
    castamere7castamere7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I keep getting hitches in downloading the game, not sure if it's related...
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Exchange is extremely slow right now to.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Exchange is extremely slow right now to.

Extremely slow is an understatement.

• Options
    futahimechanfutahimechan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well at least you all can PLAY... update is taking FOREVER here, I am not confident that it will have time to complete before maintenance kicks in...again.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Well at least you all can PLAY... update is taking FOREVER here, I am not confident that it will have time to complete before maintenance kicks in...again.

For me it took somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes last night for the 6GB update. Was less than amused for the size and speed especially with the whole pre-patching menace from the last few days.

Hopefully today's patch is small and swift.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It's called season release rush. Everyone wants to play at once.

This is nothing, back in the old days people would have to wait in line for hours just to log in after major releases.
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    Something needs to be done about the exchange, more than half of day now since its unusable. And it its not the first time, this was a thing several times before the new season.
  • Options
    futahimechanfutahimechan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well I had some issues with my network adaptor, which is why I was having issues, but able to play now and so far the Exchange hasn't been stupidly slow for me, I can still use it with only a minor delay.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    New season, huge numbers of players online at the same time. If you follow the forums, there are probably a lot more players in STO that only play when something new comes out than there are that actually "play" the game. New season released means there is likely anywhere from 2-5 times the number of players online all at once actually playing the game....for a day or two.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    New season, huge numbers of players online at the same time. If you follow the forums, there are probably a lot more players in STO that only play when something new comes out than there are that actually "play" the game. New season released means there is likely anywhere from 2-5 times the number of players online all at once actually playing the game....for a day or two.

Hmm, this is very much truth. I didn't have it on my first playthrough (12pm US CST), but when I did a second at around 6 or 7 or so... says something about the age of some of the players probably as well, yes? Got bad after the kiddies got home from school. :p
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »

Hmm, this is very much truth. I didn't have it on my first playthrough (12pm US CST), but when I did a second at around 6 or 7 or so... says something about the age of some of the players probably as well, yes? Got bad after the kiddies got home from school. :p

...Or older players getting off work.
    I couldn't get on until about 7 pm Atlantic time.. which was probably around 5-6 pm where you are :smile:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »

...Or older players getting off work.
    I couldn't get on until about 7 pm Atlantic time.. which was probably around 5-6 pm where you are :smile:

It was bad around an hour ago which should be before the kiddies wake up and the "old folks" in the US start playing.
    As it is the featured episode with the puzzles in space is downright aggravating with 5-10 second stalls which is an almost instant kill for the puzzle
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    It's called season release rush. Everyone wants to play at once.

This is nothing, back in the old days people would have to wait in line for hours just to log in after major releases.

I wish it was just that. Yes I remember having to wait in line, and how monthly sub and LTS should have bypassed the lines but didn't (false advertising, what else is new). I really don't believe there are that many players around, even with peak new season released. The servers should handle this like no problem. It's gotta be something else they've done or introduced to cause it.

Again, this game isn't very popular with total active player count. Unless they've already downsized the servers to account for the pitiful amount of logins already, I highly doubt it's the cause of the lag and rubberbanding.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿