test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you think? Season 14 Queues

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Please place all feedback for the new Season 14 queues here!

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Ruined by the new UI that makes it very frustrating to access the queues and play.
  • geeringgeering Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Done two pug runs on the new red alert. I can see this one isn't going to be popular. People don't seem to understand that they need to destroy the torpedos. So both attempts failed. This way it's not going to be worth the hassle.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Dranurr Gauntlet was boring, just flying round for far too long shooting down endless wave of ships that hardly shot back. All for Lukari marks I don't need. Why?
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Dranurr Gauntlet was boring, just flying round for far too long shooting down endless wave of ships that hardly shot back. All for Lukari marks I don't need. Why?

Hey you get those fleet provision thingies you need too, if you're interested in the Dranuur fleet holding that is. But I agree, that one is a snooze fest. I all but fell asleep during it.
    geering wrote: »
    Done two pug runs on the new red alert. I can see this one isn't going to be popular. People don't seem to understand that they need to destroy the torpedos. So both attempts failed. This way it's not going to be worth the hassle.

I think people have understood now, people in mine seemed to go for them immediately they appeared. Personally I found it fun, just wished it gave those Fleet provisions too since it's far more interesting to play than the two pves :/
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Yes, there was a 100 provision reward, but as a small fleet, the Dranuur fleet holding is already a non-starter for us.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Yes, there was a 100 provision reward, but as a small fleet, the Dranuur fleet holding is already a non-starter for us.

Hmmm, I didn't get any provisions. So either it bugged for me (not unlikely) or maybe you only get it if you haven't earned any provision before that day? (I had already done the space stf and got provisions from that.)
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The fail condition on the tzenkethi alert was a very pleasant surprise (even if I had to discover it by losing it due to noobs ignoring the torpedos)...the inevitable wave of tears on the forums will undoubtedly be most entertaining, too. Let's just hope it doesn't get turned into yet another boring autowin queue when all is said and done.

The dranuur space queue was nice, if a bit sit-there-and-shoot. I assume the enemies are random and not always tholians? It could use a boss phase, it ends kinda...abruptly.

Haven't tried the ground one yet.
  • captpatrick01captpatrick01 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    The fail condition on the tzenkethi alert was a very pleasant surprise (even if I had to discover it by losing it due to noobs ignoring the torpedos)...the inevitable wave of tears on the forums will undoubtedly be most entertaining, too. Let's just hope it doesn't get turned into yet another boring autowin queue when all is said and done.

The dranuur space queue was nice, if a bit sit-there-and-shoot. I assume the enemies are random and not always tholians? It could use a boss phase, it ends kinda...abruptly.

Lucky. The first time I ran Dranuur, it was Breen ships. Spent half the queue paralyzed...

Still though, I have a feeling the event's second phase will make Foundry loot farms completely obsolete...
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    love it
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    How are you suppose to shoot down 50 proto matter bombs heading towards the planet?
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
    A carrier with pets set to "intercept" works wonders on the bombs. As does BFAW, obviously. Or carrier pets with BFAW. :D
    Concerning the ground queue, it should show the things you need to defend on the map.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

The ground on isn't much better.

Go here, defend this.
    Go there, start that.
    Stand there and pew.

Nothing to get to excited about. Over all, mostly just more pew pew reliant queues. I give them an overall, boring rating.

Mm5NeXy.gif
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The gauntlet could have done with bit more logical numbering of the shield gens. Like instead of 3 1 2 make it 1 2 3.

But yeah, it's a time gate and no matter how well you do you won't speed it up. I'm trying to find a way to just hold the spawned mob perpetually in place, since there's no real need to kill them and you don't get any experience for doing so.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    reyan01 wrote: »
    How are you suppose to shoot down 50 proto matter bombs heading towards the planet?

Hate to say it, since not a fan of the ability, but BFAW proved useful here and the bombs are not too difficult to destroy on the whole.

I only use cannons and dual heavy cannons on my Romulan and Klingon officers and scatter volley takes down a full torpedo spread in just a few seconds. it is actually quite easy.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Just tried Gauntlet Advance with a Pug for the first time. Not sure whether it was just down to the fact the queue decided to spawn Voth (with their exotic damage abilities) but the entire team just seemed to spend a good deal of time dying and taking masses of hull damage, and it seemed to be rather difficult to actually do any reasonable amount of damage against the masses of NPC's on the map.

And then at the end to get just 20 marks (plus the daily), a protomatter container and some colony provisions barely makes it worth while (I know we did get many of the bonuses, but trying to kill 9 voth citadel ships isn't going to be doable without a high dps team). I'll probably give it another try at some point just to see if its something to see if different NPC's make a difference but at the least the voth need a balance pass for this mission.
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    Please lower the brightness/coloring intensity in dranuur. My vampyric eyes can't handle it very well.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I like that Dranuur has different enemies. First was Voth for me. I happened to be running the Dyson proton polaron weapons. Then the Elachi, Heralds, and Terrans. The Heralds and Terrans would get me due to subsystems offline.

I really enjoy the Red Alert. Carrier pets with BFAW a must.
  • tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Like the game doesn't already have enough que's. There is just too much not being used anymore.
  • kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    The Tzenkethi Red Alert is my least favorite of the three. I've never liked fighting these critters in space or on ground, what with their overdesigned gimmicks, so the fun factor is already low by default. Add the facts that PUGing can be hit or miss when team members blithely ignore the protomatter torps and the lack of colony provisions as reward. A good team will blaze through it quick and easy; a bad one will fail with no rewards. I'll give it a pass for a week or two and hope people learn not to ignore the mission objective.

Dranuur Beach Assault seems alright. Making it a ten-player queue is just setting it up to fail, though. We weren't able to create a private match for it, which may be a glitch or flaw in the oh-so-wonderful queue UI. If a thing like this can't be played with fleet members, then what's the flippin' point? Nice map, interesting scenario, doomed by the clunky starting conditions.

Dranuur Gauntlet is the one I like the most, both as a design and in practice. I've always wanted an advanced difficulty version of Fleet Alert, and here it is - as cross-faction, no less! Rewards are tied to objectives and there's also little bit of room to strategize with the satellite upgrade choices. Colony provisions being handed out even on a miserable run makes this the go-to farming mission for me.

The difficulty is tuned too high, however. On normal difficulty setting it's a milk run. Advanced becomes a meat grinder toward the end: seeing people who know what they're doing getting blown away by the relentless swarm and shield generators falling run after run gets a bit demoralizing. All nine dreads downed and two or three generators surviving is pretty much a fantasy for most random groups. Note, this is on advanced, not elite. It's significantly harder than comparable content. A premade of parse fanatics will no doubt bend this map over, but something isn't right when an appropriately geared PUG comes out of it with 30-40 marks.
    kaarruu wrote: »
    Dranuur Gauntlet is the one I like the most, both as a design and in practice. I've always wanted an advanced difficulty version of Fleet Alert, and here it is - as cross-faction, no less! Rewards are tied to objectives and there's also little bit of room to strategize with the satellite upgrade choices. Colony provisions being handed out even on a miserable run makes this the go-to farming mission for me.

The difficulty is tuned too high, however. On normal difficulty setting it's a milk run. Advanced becomes a meat grinder toward the end: seeing people who know what they're doing getting blown away by the relentless swarm and shield generators falling run after run gets a bit demoralizing. All nine dreads downed and two or three generators surviving is pretty much a fantasy for most random groups. Note, this is on advanced, not elite. It's significantly harder than comparable content. A premade of parse fanatics will no doubt bend this map over, but something isn't right when an appropriately geared PUG comes out of it with 30-40 marks.
    People who "know what they're doing" and are "appropriately geared" don't get blown away. By definition, if you get blown away then you're either doing something wrong or have the wrong equipment.
  • castiuscastius Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    The missions are nice and the objectives are easy to understand. The new queue UI is just horrible. There was no need for a change, filter and join options are a pain. The previous UI was better organised and provided a far better options and overview.
  • jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I enjoyed the space ones a lot. I especially liked the one with the torpedos, I got good value out of my hangar pets and BFAW. Line up in front of the wave of torps, put my pets on intercept and go to town on BFAW.

team work. I often am the one going after the bombs, taking em out. Torp spread is my friend. :)
    And these ques take some brains to do, I like it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    Like the game doesn't already have enough que's. There is just too much not being used anymore.

look me up in game, perhaps me and the Goddesses fleet can fix that problem?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Blowing up those Protomatter Torpedoes was very easy with BFAW and TS, especially with quick fire Kelvin Timeline Photon Torpedoes.

I was beginning to think that Guantlet enemies was just the Borg. Played it twice so far and that's all I have seen. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sfc3expertsfc3expert Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Very nice work ADMIN.
    Hail to you all on the latest patch ;);););););)
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Has anyone been able to survive beach assault elite more than a minute? They seem to kill all the stations before you even have a chance.

I like the new queues, though. Like that the enemies are random on the space one, for accolades, and like fighting on the gorgeous map for the ground one.

Are the provision types also random? It would be nice to have a choice of provision (like the choice of marks) given at the end so that you can have equal amounts of each one.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I ran the Gauntlet Queue twice and got Luxury Provisions one time and Batteries the next, so I would assume random.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns