test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD FOR Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding!

12346»

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    The reduction in provision costs does help, but the colony will still need, what, 7.5 million of them? The sources for them- three minigames and one ground event- are still insufficient. If the goal is to get people to play the game to advance their fleet, more queues and activities should reward these things.

I still think the existing fleet defense queues, and the new s14 queues, should be leveraged to help with this by rewarding provisions. Give us a reason to play them!

Very much this^ Invigorate the queues while at the same time allowing folks to play with fleet, friends, and others to advance their holdings. Current sources of provisions are too narrow.

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    The reduction in provision costs does help, but the colony will still need, what, 7.5 million of them? The sources for them- three minigames and one ground event- are still insufficient. If the goal is to get people to play the game to advance their fleet, more queues and activities should reward these things.

I still think the existing fleet defense queues, and the new s14 queues, should be leveraged to help with this by rewarding provisions. Give us a reason to play them!

I can definitely get behind existing fleet based queues giving the provisions as it would be incentive to play some of the other fleet queues. I would personally say it should be restricted to fleet queues but if they want to give us an option to get them from other missions as well I wouldn't be complaining.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Borticus also never answered my question on whether the refactoring affects all the fleet holdings or just the Dranuur Colony.

Sorry, thought it was a bit obvious. It's only the Colony.

Thanks for the information.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png

Buy the provisions from people, pay them to grind and donate.

While there is some grind involved in an STO I play for fun and wouldn't like to see "slave labor" involved. My focus is on fun via organized team play. Now you've said the workers aren't slaves if they're being well paid, but playing mini-games repetitiously is something many don't want to see as a major part of STO nor would many consider it fun. Heck I don't even like to see it in story line episodes. Others would still consider it a form of "slave labor" given the nature of the mini-games even if they're being paid. Mindless repetition versus dynamic game play. Then there's my previous post that is basically saying "costs have now exceeded what I'm willing to pay". But I promised to not go there any more :)

Not saying all your ideas are wrong Druk. You have a unique way of looking at things and a good understanding of how they interrelate but sometimes it may not match my game view.

I can't understand why the colony holding a) excludes the reinvestment mechanic of earnings (fleet credits) into provisions or doffs and b) the seemingly insufficient and narrow sources of provisions that currently both seem problematic by nature of their mechanic. Might as well add c) the rather large sum of a precious commodity involved.

The on topic stuff is in italics. I post because I care.
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Changed autocollect values now that they are no longer obfuscated:

Tier 1: 1.125 per day
    Tier 2: 2.250 per day
    Tier 3: 2.250 per day
    Tier 4: 3.375 per day
    Tier 5: 3.750 per day

What does that mean for the earlier let autocollect take care of it calculation?

Tier 2 is done after 41 days.
    Tier 3 is done after 108 days.
    Tier 4 is done after 300 days.
    Tier 5 is done after 818 days.

Which still puts us in 2020 but early March not Christmas.

On the positive side you only need to worry about ~100.000 dilithium ore each day if you go that way.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

While there is some grind involved in an STO I play for fun and wouldn't like to see "slave labor" involved. My focus is on fun via organized team play. Now you've said the workers aren't slaves if they're being well paid, but playing mini-games repetitiously is something many don't want to see as a major part of STO nor would many consider it fun. Heck I don't even like to see it in story line episodes. Others would still consider it a form of "slave labor" given the nature of the mini-games even if they're being paid. Mindless repetition versus dynamic game play. Then there's my previous post that is basically saying "costs have now exceeded what I'm willing to pay". But I promised to not go there any more :)

Not saying all your ideas are wrong Druk. You have a unique way of looking at things and a good understanding of how they interrelate but sometimes it may not match my game view.

I can't understand why the colony holding a) excludes the reinvestment mechanic of earnings (fleet credits) into provisions or doffs and b) the seemingly insufficient and narrow sources of provisions that currently both seem problematic by nature of their mechanic. Might as well add c) the rather large sum of a precious commodity involved.

you could get 1200 from EACH provision for beating wave 30 from the defend simulation. and we protected only 2 shield generators with 3 people per generator, it seemed that you get more for more of them you protect. these provisions are per person. you could play this simulation with 20 players at the same time. provisions were never a big problem for this holding. now you need ~300k dil per day to upgrade all 3 lanes from t4=>t5. thats 38 toons getting the 8k dil per day or if you do it with contrabanding 150 toons. to actually play the game i would've been better to just let the amount of provisions (and maybe add some to the space/ground queue as a reward).

Its not slave labor if you're paying them.

You can only make money doing things other people don't want to do, if everyone wants to do it it doesnt have any value.

People have paid others to degrind doffs for them for many years, its been a reliable income for new players who are willing to sit and do it.

If there's nothing for people to do to earn a space living, they have no choice but to buy money from cryptic. Not very f2p.

Don't you hate it when the forum eats your entire post? Anyway... will keep my promise and take any off topic discussion to the forums upstairs.

Had some thoughts on this:

a) FC can be created straight from zen via provisioning projects from other holdings. This eliminates pay to build so the only way is to play to build.

b) As @felisean pointed out you get decently rewarded for the defence scenario. As long as you can include friends from other fleets (perhaps via a map invite) I have no problems with this. This would be needed to get sufficient numbers of players on a regular basis. But I also like @futurepastnow 's suggestion of including provisions in some related queues. I'd far rather fight to earn but for those that don't this gives them a choice.

c) They want the dilex down? They want to slow things down? I think it's way overpriced given the times but will reserve any further comment.

edited September 2017
    I should have limited my comments to mechanics and practical issues and not the cost, unless there was costing mechanic issues on tribble i.e. math, inconsistent values, doff to dil conversion values, etc. Will find a way to take economics 101 upstairs to the main forums.

Edit: revised post to keep on topic

• entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Is anyone finding it difficult to donate large amounts of provisions into a project? One upgrade I was working on went from taking in, for example, 1k stacks of 10 provisions each down to (for example) 300 to ridiculously small amounts like 15 and even 1.
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    This is ridiculous .. the Game is almost dead and you created a Holding.. what take years for a small Fleet to finished it.. wtf.
    If you believe a GrindHolding will bring back old Players.. or bring new Players into the Game.. than you are just wrong.

What's wrong with you Dev's ? Do you really hate US so much ?

Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    daviddxx wrote: »
    This is ridiculous .. the Game is almost dead and you created a Holding.. what take years for a small Fleet to finished it.. wtf.
    If you believe a GrindHolding will bring back old Players.. or bring new Players into the Game.. than you are just wrong.

Interesting ... I've heard two of my fleetmates separate from one another voice this exact same argument / frustration.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    genhauk wrote: »
    daviddxx wrote: »

Interesting ... I've heard two of my fleetmates separate from one another voice this exact same argument / frustration.

Either I'm reading it wrong or there is not enough Dil on the entire exchnage atm to do one of the new holdings for a single fleet.

The whole thing is absurd and if they mean it for real it will just demoralize those few left who cared.

You know just like the dozen DPSer who got ISA to pop before S13...
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Cryptic kudos to you! The Game designers working for you have managed it make the game more terrible than the year before and that since Delta Rising. I don't want to say everything you have done was bad I mean the 5 Missions we could play as a 23rd Century Starfleet Officer were awesome but than again only for a few hours until we join regular Starfleet.

The Space Balance and the PvP - Season another amazing failure: The rebalancing was necessary but like everything else they way it was implemented was a total disaster, and the so called PvP-Season was over on launch day. The same thing happened as it happens al the time once something get released it's done for the next two years and the needed tuning will simply not happen.

I would love to know how many people left the game because of Season 13?

So let's take a look of the new holding: Very interesting and easy to do in the time of Legacy of Romulus when the game was at it's peak. I don't know if you know it but the game does not have that many players left and you are going to loose more and more with this.
    Bridger.png
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    bridgern wrote: »
    Cryptic kudos to you! The Game designers working for you have managed it make the game more terrible than the year before and that since Delta Rising. I don't want to say everything you have done was bad I mean the 5 Missions we could play as a 23rd Century Starfleet Officer were awesome but than again only for a few hours until we join regular Starfleet.

The Space Balance and the PvP - Season another amazing failure: The rebalancing was necessary but like everything else they way it was implemented was a total disaster, and the so called PvP-Season was over on launch day. The same thing happened as it happens al the time once something get released it's done for the next two years and the needed tuning will simply not happen.

I would love to know how many people left the game because of Season 13?

So let's take a look of the new holding: Very interesting and easy to do in the time of Legacy of Romulus when the game was at it's peak. I don't know if you know it but the game does not have that many players left and you are going to loose more and more with this.

what exactly does this have to do with the new fleet holding exactly?

With that in mind there's a few things you should know about mmos. When any single item or items become THE answer to something in every case, such as Plasmonic Leech being one example, or embassy plasma exploders, they WILL get changed. If something becomes too powerful in pvp, then unless it's just intended to be a free for all, it will get changed. People complained for years that the game needed to change and when the devs shook things up people complained. With anything be it small time mods or fully on AAA productions then it will get changed if there are issues.

People have asked for a new 5 tier fleet holding for years as well and now we're getting it. Something like this could actually bring some people back as it will give them something new to do with their fleets. I don't believe this purely on its own will do so but it will be one possible factor if done correctly. That's why folks have been giving them constructive feedback, such as the provisions having been too high costing and such. Plus as games age there's simply going to be fewer people playing them as they move on to the new shiny as that just the nature of games. They'll lose more people by doing nothing, but at least they're actually listening to their playerbase which is more than I can say for some games out there today.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    They just got a global Feedback, and when the hell has anyone asked for a new 5 tier fleet holding.
    Bridger.png
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Thanks for making it worse AGAIN before putting it on holodeck.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    @borticuscryptic @melange#3807

On holodeck, the coffer doesnt work propperly. you could donate just small amounts at the same time from the coffer => project. the more provisions are in the project the less it will donate. even if the slider is on the max value. seems a bit like 10% of the needed provisions or so.
  • jansil#1393 jansil Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Very pretty fleet holding. I wish there was a bit more functionality, like social areas to sit inside rooms, and offices. Perhaps some Fleet Level Off-Duty uniforms that are Beach Themed. Or a set piece that puts a Beach BBQ party down near the water somewhere.
  • johnbr216johnbr216 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    So I noticed the Tactical Antiproton Modules are still at 10%, way under the normal values for the rest of the modules. Has this been comented on by cryptic yet, or have I just missed the post? or the plot...:p
    Cryptic Lifetime account since Thursday, January 21, 2010
    2311 days and counting.
    edited December 2017
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the Tier V hull upgrade doesn't actually do anything? It apparently gives NOTHING WHATSOEVER. There was talk that there was a ship for reaching that, but that reference has been entirely removed from the info tab, Has this feature been cancelled, leaving the final upgrade entirely pointless?

Edit: This is the tribble thread, my comment n/a and removed.
    Post edited by protoneous on