test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Issue with Account unlock for the Weekend Event Store not working

unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
edited September 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I claimed the [Console - Universal - Reiterative Structural Capacitor] since i had 2 vouchers left over from my previous weekend event, and I had just gotten another one from the Kobayashi Maru event.

I then switched to another character and went into the weekend store and it showed as not purchased with a price of 3 vouchers, I checked my other chars and it is the same thing, it didn't unlock it for me. I also exited the game and restarted it a few times and switched back forth between characters as well to no effect.

Anyone else having this issue?

Additional Information:

The character I claimed it on:
k063ip.jpg

One of the other characters that I cannot claim it on:
9vgmio.jpg

( As you can see the price is reset back to 3 vouchers instead of being 0 vouchers like the phaser arrays I got last kobayashi event )
I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
Post edited by unotetsu on

Comments

• mcampbelldev#6660 mcampbelldev Member Posts: 8 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2017
    Hello! Sorry to hear about your Item not unlocking for the account. I would try switching the item to your bank and then back to your character. You could also try equipping the item on a Ship and then readying a different ship. If these don't work please submit a support ticket.

Additionally, could you detail how you acquired the item originally and moved it to your Shuttle? I understand you bought the console, but did it go to your overflow or any other strange behavior?
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Hello! Sorry to hear about your Item not unlocking for the account. I would try switching the item to your bank and then back to your character. You could also try equipping the item on a Ship and then readying a different ship. If these don't work please submit a support ticket.

Additionally, could you detail how you acquired the item originally and moved it to your Shuttle? I understand you bought the console, but did it go to your overflow or any other strange behavior?

I bought it from the event store right after I got back to ESD after the STF, I had plenty of space in my inventory so I went in there without going to overflow, I then went down to starship selector to claim the type 7 shuttle, dismissed my peregrine then claimed it and equipped it over there.

it was only about 5 mins or so later I logged in as another character to claim it that it that I noticed the issue.

I will try moving it around a to bank and log out and on and bounce the client a few times, then I will let you kow the results, thanks for your time :)

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
    edited September 2017
    Okay, I moved it to and from the bank and logged out and back while leaving it in my bank and relaunched the client and still no effect on my other character.

I equipped it on my main ship then moved it a round a bit in the ship selector, no dice...

5jw9qw.jpg
    EDIT: here is another pic with the Store in view and the item equipped on my ship
    4t7f2a.jpg

Still seeing the base price of 3 even vouchers on my other chars:

Erma
    1230bih.jpg

Quartermaster Zinn
    32zsv9k.jpg

Post edited by unotetsu on
  • mcampbelldev#6660 mcampbelldev Member Posts: 8 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for attempting those fixes! Sorry that they were unable to work. So that you don't waste any vouchers, do not discard or buy the console item on a different character while this is looked into.
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for attempting those fixes! Sorry that they were unable to work. So that you don't waste any vouchers, do not discard or buy the console item on a different character while this is looked into.

Okay, I plan on getting 3 more vouchers this weekend for buying the stompek lighting module that I missed last time, I will get the modules, but i won't buy the stompek module until i get word from you on this issue, thanks and I will be hoping for good news next message! :)
  • galwaytazalangalwaytazalan Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Are you sure you have space for the shuttle? The reason I state this is because for example I can't claim the shuttle as it will tell me I don't have space (which could apply to my inventory, my mail or a ship slot. The only other thing I could think of would be a level restriction, but I don't know it that applies to the console or shuttle or which item you can't get.

Also it can be the cryptic historical bug/error release. Meaning they release something that they have to go back to the code and find how to fix an issue. NWN is having an issue where people are not being allowed to claim 100 like vouchers per week with some only getting up to 49 before they are told they can't get anymore till the following week. So this is a historical or common situation with the company, that is why I am surprised that they have a hotfix they apply usually listed in login the same day they released new content.
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    According to the post announcing this feature, I would be able to finish any projects currently slotted by adding one "Weekend Voucher".

I attempted to add the new weekend voucher...wouldnt allow me, they already had multiple vouchers from their specific weekend slotted...so what exactly is the problem. I have alot of alts...all have various weekend events slotted with vouchers in them...

Am I interpreting the statement wrong...or is it borked?
    According to the post announcing this feature, I would be able to finish any projects currently slotted by adding one "Weekend Voucher".

I attempted to add the new weekend voucher...wouldnt allow me, they already had multiple vouchers from their specific weekend slotted...so what exactly is the problem. I have alot of alts...all have various weekend events slotted with vouchers in them...

Am I interpreting the statement wrong...or is it borked?

This issue is with the items not account unlocking when purchased, Yours sounds like a different issue such as "Slotted Event projects for previous weekend not taking new weekend event vouchers"
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    I am having the same problem as the OP.

Weekend store not unlocking items account wide.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
    I am having the same problem as the OP.

Weekend store not unlocking items account wide.

Nice to know it isn't just me, but is sucks that someone else is having an issue with it!

• kelldargremmkelldargremm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Had the same thing happen to me today when I purchased the Prolonged Engagement Phaser, none of the mentioned steps fixed it. Hopefully they can sort this out soon.
  • dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    None of the mentioned methods helped fixed it for me for the Sompek Lightning.
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    If this can be any help, the Sompek Lightning kit module was correctly unlocked account-wide for me. I don't know about the other items, though.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Same issue it is unlocked on my main toon but none of my other Federation Klingon or Romulans can claim it
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    Yep, it is actually a character unlock, nice Cryptic guys.
    edited October 2017
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    This issue is triggered by buying the item using the event store in space, it seems. I was able to un-bug it for the new console by placing it on a ship and then scraping the ship into the drydock at the ship selector, causing it to appear as an "Acquired item" again and re-triggering the broken item acquisition sequence. I suspect you will be unable to replicate this for the Sompek module as you can't scrape the Sompek module into your inventory anywhere, but it should work for the Prolong and the new console.

You are my hero!

Here are the steps to re-claim it using the drydock!

1. Go to ship selector and put the console on any ship, remove all items on the ship and only have the console on that ship.
    2. Make sure you have several free slots in your inventory
    3. Shuff the ship that has the console on it into dry dock you should then see that the item is aqquired and then message in your log:
    [LegacyFloaterMsg] You acquired the Console - Universal - Reiterative Structural Capacitor! You've unlocked this item for other characters on this account, just visit the Weekend Event Store to claim it on them!
    4. check your other toons to make sure this has worked!

I checked my other toons and it was unlocked, proof here, I also made sure to claim my sompek while I was on a fresh login on while standing inside ESD.

2h6czmd.jpg
    edited October 2017
    FYI: sent PM messages to everyone on the thread who is having issues to try the possible fix.
    Here are the steps to re-claim it using the drydock!

1. Go to ship selector and put the console on any ship, remove all items on the ship and only have the console on that ship.
    2. Make sure you have several free slots in your inventory
    3. Shuff the ship that has the console on it into dry dock you should then see that the item is aqquired and then message in your log:
    [LegacyFloaterMsg] You acquired the Console - Universal - Reiterative Structural Capacitor! You've unlocked this item for other characters on this account, just visit the Weekend Event Store to claim it on them!
    4. check your other toons to make sure this has worked!

Sadly I've been unable to replicate your sucess with the Prolonged Engagement Phaser.
  • dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I accidently deleted Sompek Lightning and I can't retrive it. Sigh. My Captian I had it on was Thomas Marcus@DexterBateman416 now I'm really annoyed.
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
    edited October 2017
    For anyone else who hasn't been able to resolve this through the above method, dont hold your breath on resolution via your support ticket. This is what I was sent this morning.
    Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us about an item.

Please note that the Prolonged Engagement Phaser Beam Array is a character bind item upon pickup. For more information about this, please go to this link below:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Prolonged_Engagement_Phaser_Beam_Array

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
    Panda
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/

It'd be great if someone could inform the cryptic game masters about how the weekend event store is supposed to be unlocking items account-wide.

Edit: Spelling.
    Post edited by kelldargremm on
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    same here

cant claim on other toons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]