test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So the New Klingons

Will we get the new klingons from Discovery as a character creation option? we sort of got one from the Into Darkness klingons. I know alot of people hate the new klingons and i can understand why. I personally like them except for their outfits but i like diversity and the klingons need more customization options.
" Live Long And Assimilate "

Comments

• k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Not for a while I imagine. Maybe the appereance thing will be explained maybe it will not. The devs arent putting out any DSC related stuff beside uniform that have been revealed for a very long time.
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Hey OP, check this out:

https://imgur.com/a/aJNZa

k20vtec wrote: »
    The devs arent putting out any DSC related stuff beside uniform that have been revealed for a very long time.

False. They actually have some Discovery related content in development right now.

Did you get the head pointy on the back? As for the Uniform try the Xindi Reptilian from the Lobi store to help complete the look.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    > @dancingshade#0597 said:
    > Hey OP, check this out:
    >
    > https://imgur.com/a/aJNZa
    >
    >
    >
    > k20vtec wrote: »
    >
    > The devs arent putting out any DSC related stuff beside uniform that have been revealed for a very long time.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > False. They actually have some Discovery related content in development right now.

Hate to be that guy but... Source? Seriously, I'd really like to get the scoop.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • tunicate515#4416 tunicate515 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »

Wait. Why aren't you asking the guy who claimed they WON'T be releasing Discovery content "for a very long time" for his source? He is the first guy in this thread to make any kind of "claim" one way or the other, so I think he needs to "put up" before anyone else.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,242 Community Moderator
    Well, during the Ten Forward Livestream about the new colony holding, Borticus said they weren't planning on any Discovery stuff yet.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    They'll do TRIBBLE stuff just for the fact that that means they don't have to design ships or etc. People being lazy is a good bet to take. ;)
  • shren#1472 shren Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Hey OP, check this out:

https://imgur.com/a/aJNZa

Looks like PooPoo
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Will we get the new klingons from Discovery as a character creation option? we sort of got one from the Into Darkness klingons. I know alot of people hate the new klingons and i can understand why. I personally like them except for their outfits but i like diversity and the klingons need more customization options.

I hear ya! I want more options for the ridges...and did I see the Klingon women with jewelry? Hologram images were too blurry.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,242 Community Moderator
    bao30wt.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    They should update the Klingons to the new design, both player and NPC.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Well, during the Ten Forward Livestream about the new colony holding, Borticus said they weren't planning on any Discovery stuff yet.

i expected as such, it's a little too early for Discovery content at this point. See what happens in a few months from now when more episodes have aired.
    apedilbert wrote: »

That won't be a popular choice if Cryptic did that. Making it an addition to the typical Klingon appearance would do.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    When I first saw the nu "Klingons" I Thought to myself cool new alien species. Then I heard them and realized what they were supposed to be. They look to me like a Xindi Reptilian cross breed with an Uruk'hai. I think I will call them Xin'hai.

As for making them the default? I would delete my Klingons immediately. Probably keep my alien KDFs but thats it.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    trennan wrote: »

"Why would anyone pierce their forehead ridges if they contain extra-sensory receptors?"

I hope the author of that article realizes that:

* They walk through a line of Klingons with pain sticks getting zapped as a right of passage to adulthood.
    * Their mating habits tend to require a visit to the medical bay afterwards for dislocated appendages.
    * Their bachelor parties are basically heat exhaustion and starvation.

Do they really have to ask why a race would pierce after seeing their culture like that?

Also Discovery Klingons? #NotMyKlingons
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2017

As for making them the default? I would delete my Klingons immediately. Probably keep my alien KDFs but thats it.

I don't think there's any prospect that Cryptic will force players to adopt any Discovery add-ons in STO.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Based on your avatar, which I found later to be one of those so-called Klingons (like, seriously?!), I guess it could be possible since the looks already exist in the game...

...in the Na'kuhl assets folder.

Seriously, this is a goddamn Na'kuhl, what was the character design department thinking?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    djf021 wrote: »

Wait. Why aren't you asking the guy who claimed they WON'T be releasing Discovery content "for a very long time" for his source? He is the first guy in this thread to make any kind of "claim" one way or the other, so I think he needs to "put up" before anyone else.

Because he said "The devs arent putting out any DSC related stuff beside uniform that have been revealed for a very long time.". He doesn't need a source to demonstrate what has not been revealed. I can see that it has not been revealed myself, as can everyone else. Therefore the notion that they are not working on something is much easier to believe.
    On the other hand, if something had been revealed, it would be evidence that they are working on something. Hence a source.

And again, I meant no disrespect. If there is a source, I'd seriously like to read up on it.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • shren#1472 shren Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    bao30wt.png

thats pretty good
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    apedilbert wrote: »
    well, that would be ONE way to get a lot of people to delete their Klingons-unless it's purely an option. Some of us aren't fans of the arthritic, wheezing, awkward, slow-moving, inept, blundering, lizard-man-looking NuKlingons.
    Isn't that another way of saying "I like space orc barbarians"? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »

I prefer my Klingons to be the mobile, loud, brash, fur-bearing sort with neither a thin sheen o' slime nor scales.
    You know, the ones that look (and act) more like fictional Bikers than fictional prison, aryan nations skinheads.

Can't upvote this enough. They need to stop re-discovering things that are well known already. Galaxy is wide enough as it is.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I kinda got the sense that the Discovery Klingon armor was mostly ceremonial, not practical. While it may not hold true for the entire Empire, this group felt more religious than those we saw in the past.

And the look... I feel that not all Klingons were affected by the Augment Virus. We could very well see the more human looking ones at some point as well as more traditional and some of these new ones. Maybe they were affected by environment. We don't entirely know if this is supposed to represent the entire species or one particular, older branch.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)