test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Contribution System: Fleet Bank or Deposit for Resources

hi,

Everyone here must have experienced this problem: You have the resources available in your characters and want to donate them to your fleet. Then you go to the projects tab and realize you have no projects available, no one to allocate other projects and the next project will only become available in hours. At this point you already know that you will not donate anything that day and will have to try your luck on another day because your time is short and you have life outside the STO.

My suggestion is: build a Fleet Bank or deposit that accepts direct donations from players. These donations can not be removed or recovered and should be consumed in the first project that is allocated. With the exception of the fleet mark the others have keeps the same conversions that are already used. The player make they donation, receive the fleet credits and the resources wait for next projects.

You can put a maximum cap for donations that this bank can receive. So the fleet must continue with projects in order to spend the available resources... this way everyone wins. PW/Cryptic win because the player is spending his resources, the player wins because he will have the fleet credit and the Fleet wins because it will have the items for future projects.

I realized that i wasn't the first one to suggest something of this type, in a quick search in the forum I see that more suggestions. some old, since 2013, 2014. Developers I don't want to say how you should do your job, but not listening to what your client asks for is a serious fault in the corporate world and this world doesn't forgive. Also I am not saying that you should do everything that we asked for, but what I am requesting is perfectly tangible and plausible to be done and will not drastically change the game. So I ask you to please consider this idea.

thank you for your attention and sorry for some grammar errors

Comments

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    This is the forum for the testing server of Tribble, and since there isn't a thing like this on the server I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum for this, but that one is up to the moderators and such. Anyways on to the actual debate. Depending on the fleet you're going to come up on those times when you everything is on cooldown and nothing is open, that's just a fact of the game. Perhaps try an armada fleet if yours is full up on projects or ask the fleet leadership to slot a few projects. I can't speak for every fleet leader, but in my fleets if someone asks me to slot a project, unless there's a major reason for me not to do it, 99% of the time I'll slot the project.

Essentially what you're asking for is an expanded version of the coffer system that will be coming with the new Dranuur fleet holding. This raises several questions. First and foremost being, would this be purely things such as items, special provisions and the like, or would it include all things such as fleet marks, expertise and on down the line? As for conversions, what exactly would you wish to do to fleet marks as you already get 50 credits for every fleet mark you donate. That's a pretty huge deal. This also raises the question of, should the system pull from that coffer first the moment the projects go live, or should there be a delay? Adding something like this isn't as simple as just flipping switches, there's alot of stuff that needs to be ironed out.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator