test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we have a KDF Type 7 shuttle?

I love the new Type 7 shuttle that was released for the 30th anniversary. I really want one or something like it for my KDF character. Is there any chance we could get one? Please!

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    You got a Skant! What more do you want? Equal treatment with the Fed? :D
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Now that you ask, yes!
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind a Type-7 with the KDF logo scribbled on the side.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Just be to clear, I don't want a Type 7 shuttle, I want a Klingon version with the same stats and admiralty card. It does not have to look like a fed shuttle
    The shuttle itself is pretty meh, but the KDF could have really used another shuttle that gives a 5x stat boost A.S.S. card.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    I love the new Type 7 shuttle that was released for the 30th anniversary. I really want one or something like it for my KDF character. Is there any chance we could get one? Please!
    No.

Why would Cryptic spend time making something for less than 13% of the playerbase? You think Crypitc is in the habit of making niche content for such a tiny segment of the population?

Now, let's talk about the Miracle Worker Specialization...
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    No.

Why would Cryptic spend time making something for less than 13% of the playerbase? You think Crypitc is in the habit of making niche content for such a tiny segment of the population?

sorry to say it, but eventually that spec will come around to the KDF and ships will need to be designed for those 13% of the player population anyway. may as well get around to building a romulan and KDF shuttle, these factions are short on small ships in quantity and quality anyway.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    sorry to say it, but eventually that spec will come around to the KDF and ships will need to be designed for those 13% of the player population anyway. may as well get around to building a romulan and KDF shuttle, these factions are short on small ships in quantity and quality anyway.
    The Specialization is available to all players. I'm referring to a Dev post being glad to make content that only a niche portion of the playerbase will use or enjoy, yet they use the same excuse to not make more KDF content.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    redvenge wrote: »
    No.

Wow, has it gone down that much?
    Last time I was around, it was about 18%.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yes, but it would have to be renamed to T'Qype Se'VeN. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    5x stat boost!!! I will go for that...KDF picture or not. LOL!
    That sounds too good to be true...I will have to go look at the Ferengi's card.
    See what it really means. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    The only hope for KDF is if they find a way to make it so we can cross faction team and enter each other zones with the fed/kdf alliance in the story they could do it, bring down the walls that separate the factions and encourage people to play KDF by offering them more than a handful of ships.
  • bonzodog01bonzodog01 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    The thing is, the shuttles have to be based on something actually seen in TNG/DS9. We pretty much have covered all known shuttlecraft seen in both those series. Maybe have a shuttlecraft from one of the other races in the KDF?
    XBox One - NFV Rylon - T6 Kolasi Siege Destroyer
    British Imperial Armada
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    bonzodog01 wrote: »
    The thing is, the shuttles have to be based on something actually seen in TNG/DS9. We pretty much have covered all known shuttlecraft seen in both those series. Maybe have a shuttlecraft from one of the other races in the KDF?

they could have always reworked the toron with its PROPER model

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Toron_class​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    bonzodog01 wrote: »

they could have always reworked the toron with its PROPER model

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Toron_class​​
    That would be an idea they could try. Apparently, that model wasn't even supposed to be the Toron originally.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    Just use a sitting targ model for the KDF Type 7...