test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adding account wide unlocks to event rewards is a good start. How about lockbox stuff?

One of the more serious impediments to making alts for many people who are either lucky or rich with the keys is that there's no way to transfer your filthy lucre to other accounts. This is rather a problem, considering many traits are neccesary to be competitive at very high end play levels. We know it's -possible- to make things reclaimable account wide, why not add a way to do it? Even if there was a small zen cost attached for traits or ships, I for one would be willing to do it.

Comments

• Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I'd be happy with am account reclaimable Wells Class.

Speaking of 'Account Reclaim', how about reputation cosmetics? Such as unlock the MACO visuals on one character, then get them on all characters. It would be nice to start a new character and have the MACO look from the start.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    One of the more serious impediments to making alts for many people who are either lucky or rich with the keys is that there's no way to transfer your filthy lucre to other accounts. This is rather a problem, considering many traits are neccesary to be competitive at very high end play levels. We know it's -possible- to make things reclaimable account wide, why not add a way to do it? Even if there was a small zen cost attached for traits or ships, I for one would be willing to do it.

Good idea. But it will never happen. This cuts in to the key sales, which kills the profits of the game. It would be the fastest way to kill the game.
    tyler002 wrote: »

Speaking of 'Account Reclaim', how about reputation cosmetics? Such as unlock the MACO visuals on one character, then get them on all characters. It would be nice to start a new character and have the MACO look from the start.

This would only serve to kill the already dead queues even more.
    Veto

I have to agree here.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    trennan wrote: »
    tyler002 wrote: »

This would only serve to kill the already dead queues even more.
    Yes, because the absence of a 5 mark project is so painful...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Nope this would kill a huge revenue stream for Cryptic. The money coming in from people buyng keys would dry up so the doors would shut then STO would go bye bye.
  • Options
    captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    This wouldn't dry up jack TRIBBLE, and even the tiniest amount of critical thinking should explain why: people still need to aquire the items in question in the first place before they can unlock them on other chars, which means the key sales are not going to change. Or do you honestly think most people who get keys use them to try for the same thing on multiple chars?

SWTOR, for example, has account wide unlocks (for a small fee) on all of their loot box drops, and they're making cash hand over fist because of it.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    lfMV1Ji.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    I've voiced my opinion about this in the past when this topic came up before.

I'd be game for lockbox/Lobi/gamblebox ships being given an account-unlock option. As it stands people who run many alts (for more than just resource grinding) are forced to make the difficult descision of which character to give the ship to. (This is also the main reason I haven't purchased any Lobi/loxkbox ships, with the exception of the Paradox I bought from a fleet buddy.) The current policy makes creating alt characters less appealing, as giving them premium ships would get pricey fast. :/

Dispite my opinions, I don't expect any action from Cryptic/PWE. I just don't think they'll take the chance that players could end up purchasing fewer keys...
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I am not for Account Unlockables for things like Lockbox Items and Ships.

That said, having a Lobi Fee to re-box an item, which could then be transferred to another character on the same account, I would be okay with.
  • Options
    chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    To the OP: No.

(Moderated post removed to prevent further reactions - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.