test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 9/26/17

Tribble has been updated to ST.80.20170917b.12

General:
  • Resolved an issue that caused the calendar UI to disappear.

Lukari Fleet Colony
  • Numerous updates to the environment have been made.
  • Edited and updated text seen throughout the colony.
  • Audio around the colony environment has been updated.
  • Audio for items and traits gained from the colony has been updated.
  • Modified the text of multiple colony item tooltips and descriptions.
  • Added transwarp project to fleet holding.
  • Fleet Holding UI has been updated.
  • Equipment Stores are now hooked up to vendor NPCs.
  • Resolved an issue that caused the KDF Kentari Science Bridge Officer item to grant the wrong officer type.
  • Resolved an issue where the KDF versions of the Colony Bridge Officers were listed as Starfleet Officers instead.
  • Updated FX for numerous Lukari Fleet Colony items & traits.
  • Balanced resource requirements for the Fleet Colony Holding to require substantially less Commodities such as Ore, Batteries, and Luxury Goods, in favor of requiring more Dilithium.
  • Fleet Colony Commodities now require investments in batches of 10 and will give 33 Fleet Credits for every batch donated to the coffer or project.
  • Increased Fleet Colony Commodity Automation values in the earlier stages.
  • Removed the Duty Officer requirements from the Fleet Colony XP related projects.
  • Removed Secondary Provisioning projects from the Colony Fleet Holding.
  • Resolved an issue involving the Fleet Colony's Personnel Officer project requiring the wrong resources for KDF fleets.
  • Resolved an issue with transwarp power icons for both K13 and the Lukari Colony.
  • Resolved a display name issue with the colony Plasma Blastwave Turret.

Fleet Coffer:
  • Added icons to fleet coffer UI.
  • Coffers & player tabs will now be disabled if the player does not possess any donatable resources.
  • Added functionality that allows players to pick the amount of resources to transfer from coffers to tasks.

Miracle Worker
  • The Miracle Worker Kit Module Store is now sorted alphabetically.
  • Corrected a typo in the name of the Mixed Armaments Synergy training manuals.
  • VISOR Emulation Overlay and Narrow Sensor Bands now give bonus damage instead of critical hit chance.
  • Resolved an issue where the Damage Buff from "Punch It" could apply to some non-melee physical damage.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Frequency Refocuser to not work with some healing powers.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Logic Bomb to appear twice in the Kit Module Store.
  • The duration of Back in the Fight and Give Her All She's Got is now 30 seconds.
    1. The effect of the buffs has been altered to account for this.
  • The amount of Energy Weapon Haste from Energy Weapons: Exceed Rated Limits now scales with ability rank.
  • Narrow Sensor Bands and VISOR Emulation Overlay now also indicate that they clear Confuses and Placates when activated.

Dranuur Beach Assault
  • Score at the end of the queue will now reflect the correct number of mortars the player has destroyed.
  • Numerous updates to the environment have been made.
  • Updated Tzenkethi shuttle models seen in the queue.
  • Resolved an issue that sometimes caused double backpacks to appear on players.

Dranuur Gauntlet
  • Made the planetary shields immune to incoming healing powers.

Comments

• sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Balanced resource requirements for the Fleet Colony Holding to require substantially less Commodities such as Ore, Batteries, and Luxury Goods, in favor of requiring more Dilithium.
    Have to punish the community "somehow" Right?
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    I dont mind as long as it doesnt take THREE YEARS for a Fully Active fleet with 20 players at the colony all day.
  • antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    That will be Around 240k Dili on t4 every day for the XP Projects "Thumbs UP"
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    The punishment is to not have dil sinks, it makes zen cost enormous amounts of dil.

This is a reward to the community.

It's good for people like you, who tend to convert dil to zen, but terrible for people like me who tend to convert zen to dil. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, what's good for the farmers is bad for everyone else. This has always puzzled me, since it appears that people who buy zen would be supporting the game far more than dil/EC farmers are.

If you can think of a solution that helps us all, I'm all ears. I've no wish to stop actually playing the game on a handful of characters in favour of doing basically nothing on a large number of characters. I've long held the opinion that the former play style is unfairly disadvantaged against the latter, and this is something that I'd really like to see addressed.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Another undocumented change. Please see the bug report below.

File names of screenshots contain substring "LCL"
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I hope that that's the last of the nerfs to ERL. There's barely any haste in the game, and I'd love to keep it at those numbers. Worst comes to worst, just include a massive self-damage increase before lowering the haste.

It doesn't make much sense to not allow us to heal planetary shields. I mean, why introduce a brand new tanking healing specialization if you aren't going to let us do anything important with it? Yes, we COULD play the tank/healer role, but what's the point when respawns are so frequent and dps does the same job faster? Some people don't even see the point in the spec, which is a bit of a bother because I freaking love to tank. Seriously, my favourite part of any mission is aggro-ing everything in sight and taking a flagship's best damage capabilities without any trouble. I feel there should be more use for the class in general, really.

It's good that the VISOR and Narrowed Bands are damage buffs now.

Also, when are we actually going to be able to test the space powers for Miracle Worker? We don't have any ships, and you've only gone and removed the devices that granted temporal powers.
  • ee3452pee3452p Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    FEEDBACK
    It seems the ground weapons in the Dranuur colony are missing dual-handed pistols, is this intentional or accident?
    A zero cost way for Cryptic to finance and expand the foundry

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1247522/foundry-sunset-april-11th-2019/p15

Look at my post about a Foundry Ship

BRING BACK THE FOUNDRY!
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    sleeeperr1 wrote: »
    Balanced resource requirements for the Fleet Colony Holding to require substantially less Commodities such as Ore, Batteries, and Luxury Goods, in favor of requiring more Dilithium.

Dilithium at least is much more manageable to obtain than the colony commodities are/were. They're not going to give it to use for free nor should they, but at least now it can be done in hopefully a much more reasonable time frame.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User

Lukari Fleet Colony
    • Balanced resource requirements for the Fleet Colony Holding to require substantially less Commodities such as Ore, Batteries, and Luxury Goods, in favor of requiring more Dilithium.
    • Removed the Duty Officer requirements from the Fleet Colony XP related projects.

Oh my god are you crazy?
    bring back the DOFF again and cut in half the amount of dilithium
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    darkwhite0 wrote: »

Lukari Fleet Colony

Oh my god are you crazy?

You want more DOff requirements? Seriously? They are always the last thing to fill in my fleet (KDF and Fed), and when they eventually do get filled, it's normally by one of the few people with mountains of spare Fleet Credits who has decided to do some damage to their mouse's left button by having to buy and open the needed number of packs to fill it. Plus, gathering the required number of DOffs is just tedious and doesn't help fleets gain many credits as the vast majority of people either don't know how to buy DOffs at all, don't have loads of waste FC to buy DOffs from the fleet, or don't have enough EC to pay upwards of 30k EC a DOff off the exchange.

Although, about 160k Dil for 6 store provisions at T5 seems a little steep, maybe 16 store provisions for the same price would be a better number.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    ee3452p wrote: »
    FEEDBACK
    It seems the ground weapons in the Dranuur colony are missing dual-handed pistols, is this intentional or accident?

Whether it's intentional or not depends on whether or not every other weapon type is included.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    darkwhite0 wrote: »

Lukari Fleet Colony

Oh my god are you crazy?

You want more DOff requirements? Seriously? They are always the last thing to fill in my fleet (KDF and Fed), and when they eventually do get filled, it's normally by one of the few people with mountains of spare Fleet Credits who has decided to do some damage to their mouse's left button by having to buy and open the needed number of packs to fill it. Plus, gathering the required number of DOffs is just tedious and doesn't help fleets gain many credits as the vast majority of people either don't know how to buy DOffs at all, don't have loads of waste FC to buy DOffs from the fleet, or don't have enough EC to pay upwards of 30k EC a DOff off the exchange.

Although, about 160k Dil for 6 store provisions at T5 seems a little steep, maybe 16 store provisions for the same price would be a better number.

Want more DOff requirements? Not necessarily, but they are a better FC sink than the other fleet holding provisions and the colony is going to provide bucket and bucket loads of new FCs. A balancing between larger fleets that can grind out numerous DOffs and smaller fleets that earn extraneous FCs who can burn them just buying DOffs.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    You want more DOff requirements? Seriously?

I certainly do. I'm sitting on millions of FC and very little dil. It'd be great for me if donations to projects could be mixed, e.g. supplying dil or DOFFs or whatever all fill the same requirement.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User

[*] Balanced resource requirements for the Fleet Colony Holding to require substantially less Commodities such as Ore, Batteries, and Luxury Goods, in favor of requiring more Dilithium.

This kind of thing might sound good to people reading it here, but in practice, as others have said above, the decrease is effectively trivial. It still requires an utterly inhuman level of grinding minigames (still hundreds of thousands range I think).

Frankly the only people who are going to complete it are those who basically break the rules and use some kind of bots to do the minigames. And thats just sad.

[*] Increased Fleet Colony Commodity Automation values in the earlier stages.
    Notice only the 'earlier stages' is mentioned. This is a token gesture to dampen the complaints in the early stages - by the time you hit the higher tiers this increase is irrelevant.
    [*] Removed the Duty Officer requirements from the Fleet Colony XP related projects.
    Madness. You just removed the ability of people to make EC by selling doffs to other people trying to grind their fleet out.

I head several fleets, including 2 Tier 5s, and am a member of quite a few others. None of the members of any of these dozen or so fleets are going to bother grinding this holding - many have said they won't even bother with Tier 1.

yjkZSeM.gif
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User

Doffs are usually the first thing to fill in mine - and they have made it even easier recently by allowing to buy 50 doffs at once at the fleet starbase.

Why did they bother streamlining the process only to nerf it days later? Madness

yjkZSeM.gif
  • mcevergreenmcevergreen Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Doffs are usually the first thing to fill in mine - and they have made it even easier recently by allowing to buy 50 doffs at once at the fleet starbase.

Why did they bother streamlining the process only to nerf it days later? Madness

I agree with you. I understand that the reduction in provisions does come at some costs. In this case, at the costs of dilithium. But, removing any requirements on doffs (with the exception of upgrades and special projects) seems to be an interesting choice.
    As I was writing in the other section of the forum, I would suggest two different types of projects: one which requires less provisions and dilithium - as the current update, and one which requires more provisions and more resources such as doffs but no dilithium.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Doffs are the last thing we fill in the Fleet I am in. I usually take care of the Provisions. Everything is maxed except the main Starbase. That is at about Tier 4.67. The three direct Starbase subsections are between 180k and 200k XP.

The upgrade progress for the Tier 5 subsections has been slow, probably going on two years. It can often linger for weeks as we wait for the Doffs to fill in. Replacing with Dilitium in some cases, as was done for the Reputation Projects, can be welcome as is the ability to purchase Doffs in lots of 50. I do hope, where they did replace Doffs with Dilitium, it is at the Reputation rate of 100:1 at most.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »
    The punishment is to not have dil sinks, it makes zen cost enormous amounts of dil.

It's good for people like you, who tend to convert dil to zen, but terrible for people like me who tend to convert zen to dil. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, what's good for the farmers is bad for everyone else. This has always puzzled me, since it appears that people who buy zen would be supporting the game far more than dil/EC farmers are.

If you can think of a solution that helps us all, I'm all ears. I've no wish to stop actually playing the game on a handful of characters in favour of doing basically nothing on a large number of characters. I've long held the opinion that the former play style is unfairly disadvantaged against the latter, and this is something that I'd really like to see addressed.

The dilex can only go down when many people buy zen for the purpose of converting it to dil.

Dil sinks are what create the demand for dil that causes this to happen.

STO is only a free to play game to the extent that people can get zen in exchange for the dil they earn playing. The higher the dilex, the less free-to-play sto is.

Keeping sto free-to-play is the most good for the biggest number of people, in my view.

Well, I won't be selling any more Zen until it goes back up, it's already too low imo.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »

The dilex can only go down when many people buy zen for the purpose of converting it to dil.

Dil sinks are what create the demand for dil that causes this to happen.

STO is only a free to play game to the extent that people can get zen in exchange for the dil they earn playing. The higher the dilex, the less free-to-play sto is.

Keeping sto free-to-play is the most good for the biggest number of people, in my view.

Well, I won't be selling any more Zen until it goes back up, it's already too low imo.

You will if there is something you really want that costs a lot of dil.

Considering how much I've played this year due to lack of content, I think I'll be fine waiting
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It can often linger for weeks as we wait for the Doffs to fill in.
    Purchasing doffs from the fleet starbase and donating them to projects require several minutes (not weeks as you said).
    I do hope, where they did replace Doffs with Dilitium, it is at the Reputation rate of 100:1 at most.
    1 doff usually gave 300 FC, so the rate should be 300:1.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User

Ye are wise, Epic. Peace! And Long Life be unto ye.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I know how much time it takes and have donated thousands to the Holdings (which are all maxed out), but I am not going to do the 3x144 Doffs for each of the 150 levels of the Starbase Departments from Tier 4 to Tier 5 by myself. So it lingers.

The Common Doffs cost either 750 or 500 FC and award 250 FC so you are losing between 250 and 500 FC per Doff. So replacing the above with 100 Dilitium would award you 100 FC. A cost of 300 Dilitium would award you 300 FC, awarding you too many FC vs. the loses from before.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Oh, and by "substantially", they mean "like 20-30%", which is basically nothing in the grand scheme of things. You go from 250 minigames a day to 200 minigames a day.

But now you get to grind for minerals on top just to progress every day. I'm not even mad. I'm just laughing.

::::::groan::::::
    I am mad. Not laughing.
    Minigame grinding is a total UGH!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Star Trek Online endgame: The Big Grind for Colony Provisions.

I have great ideas as to where to shovel that TRIBBLE to.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin