test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DPS Calculator

Is there an easy to use damage calculator that you can installed to figure out how much DPS your doing?

Comments

• e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Stobuilds has several calculators you can use:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/wiki/builders_toolkit#wiki_post-season_11.52

Those should give you a good ballpark of where a setup will bring you. Of course your final DPS would heavily depend on how well you can fly your ship.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    DPS Calculation. Do you press spacebar and things go boom? Then you're DPS is good. From here, if you care about such things, it's just about how to make them go boom faster.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I've used CombatLog Reader for a while and it works well. It's available from the site that @valoreah gave above.

My only issue is that when it auto-updates it no longer launches correctly; if you either decline updates or install from scratch when an update is available you should be fine.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    CombatLogReader is the most established so far. It is quite easy to use and has a "copy to chat" feature. There are rRegular updates for it too.
    https://sto-league.com/combatlogreader/r/
    Go pro or go home
  • delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    Thanks guys
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    As others had said the DPS League one is the program to use if your into that sort of thing personally I'm in the camp that the DPS meta of the end game is what ruined STO, fly what ever is fun personally I like doing themed builds.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    You add up the damage and divide it by the number of seconds.

The answer is 42.

If you have a DPS of 42 (heck lets say 43) then you potentially have a problem in most of the queued content.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,293 Community Moderator

The answer is 42.

The answer is always 42. ;)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

The answer is 42.

If you have a DPS of 42 (heck lets say 43) then you potentially have a problem in most of the queued content.

right over his head
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »

The answer is 42.

right over his head

42 is the answer to Everything (as well as Life and the Universe)...therefore, for DPS.

(You need to make jokes like this in a forum where people read books....or listened to the radio shows LOL!)

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User

The answer is 42.

Well that cheered me up laughed so hard.... I hope this was sarcasm I thought everybody knew the answer to everything was 42 even google and Alexia know this.