test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subspace vortex - why doesn't this interact with secondary deflectors?

postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
Its a frustrating ability for a sci build as it works with research lab sci consoles and feedback loop trait, but not with the secondary deflector which is one of the three advantages sci ships have over sci heavy cruisers.

Also doesn't interact with deflector doff cooldown chance.

Comments

• kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Is this the one that lets you teleport to it?
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Yeah, but in pve people pretty much just use it for damage
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I use it to teleport close to the target, then use my temporal disruption device "snail torpedo", while it is meandering over to the target I hit their shields with tachyon beam tractor beam or some shield drain, then do scattering field. That usually does them in, if not I will let the beams finish them on overload. I think when you pop in it gives a brief burst of energy dealing kinetic maybe?

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    postinggum wrote: »
    Its a frustrating ability for a sci build as it works with research lab sci consoles and feedback loop trait, but not with the secondary deflector which is one of the three advantages sci ships have over sci heavy cruisers.

Its never worked with any of the Deflectors.

Personally I've been fine with it not working with a Secondary..Its not a:

Heal\Buff (Resonating) or a
    Control (Inhibiting) or a
    Drain\Debuff (Deteriorating) ability

..So Ive never had to factor in which deflector to use for that ability .

As for the Deflector Recharge Doff..Its only ever worked with:
    Energy Siphon, Gravity Well, Tachyon Beam, Tyken's Rift and Breen Energy Dissipator.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    I tend to think of direct part gen damage abilities as being deflector based, maybe that just me trying to rationalise this stuff.
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    postinggum wrote: »

Its never worked with any of the Deflectors.

Personally I've been fine with it not working with a Secondary..Its not a:

Heal\Buff (Resonating) or a
    Control (Inhibiting) or a
    Drain\Debuff (Deteriorating) ability

..So Ive never had to factor in which deflector to use for that ability .

As for the Deflector Recharge Doff..Its only ever worked with:
    Energy Siphon, Gravity Well, Tachyon Beam, Tyken's Rift and Breen Energy Dissipator.

Yeah pretty much this. SSV doesn't fit into any of the above deflector types.

As for those DOffs, yeah it would be nice if they'd be updated. However, there are a lot of other CD reduction methods that are more efficient than those DOffs so I guess they wouldn't be a priority.
  • alcaatrazalcaatraz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    I've spoken about this before when I spoke of CDs, but the teleport part of SSV isn't the ability on CD. You have to use the power for it to become a reducible power.

As for not interacting...I'd need to log in and check because I'm pretty sure it does work with the GW one (last I checked 3-4 months ago it was...but that was 3-4 months ago).
    --- @alcaatraz || I make tanks and do maths stuffs ---
    "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."