test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How does one earn so many fleet credits and marks

delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
Can someone give some advice as to earning a lot of fleet marks and fleet credits, some fleets I'm in seem to be so full and not providing opportunities for me to donate resources. Would love some tips

Comments

• Options
    redspecter23redspecter23 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Check out other fleets in your armada. Completed fleets may have very few opportunities to donate marks, but growing fleets often need marks more than any other resource.

A friend and myself were building a fleet that was basically just the two of us. He had 30 alts and could cover all the dilithium daily for every project. With only two people, we struggled with fleet marks, especially when a large upgrade got slotted. I did attempt for a few weeks to try and find others to join the fleet, but there was little interest unfortunately. Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that there are fleets out there with fleet marks as a limiting factor. Try and track them down even if it's just to join briefly to dump all your excess marks.
  • Options
    hillard1959hillard1959 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    The biggest thing that will earn you fleet credits is fleet marks. After that, probably donatings doffs, followed by EC and dilithium.

Is your fleet part of an armada? If you can't get a donation in on your own fleet's projects, you may be able to donate to allied fleets within your armada.
  • Options
    kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Fleet Mark and Fleet Credit Boosts help a lot too, but can be pricey.
  • Options
    If earning fleet marks is a problem, one easy solution is to run Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced. Even without the daily bonus, it will give you over 100 fleet marks per run. Given enough time, you could fill even a large project's fleet mark requirements running the STF every 30 minutes.

There's also Doff missions at the Starbase, from a console next to the personnel officer. If you have a commendation track maxed out, you can keep running doff missions to get more points to do these fleet doff missions to gain fleet marks that way.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    Best advice for earning FCs, join a small fleet. As for earning FMs, I'd go with hillard1959 - it's how I farmed 'em. I've earned a total of over 210 million FCs between five characters and two fleets and slowed down after I got tired of fighting the FC cap.
  • Options
    delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    100 Marks per run on advance, really
  • Options
    That might have been marks weekend payout. Last time I did a run, it was 80 marks, but I didn't place in the top three, either. So take that for what it's worth. It's still one of the best sources of fleet marks out there.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    80 marks if you get all of the optionals, which happens nearly every time you queue for it these days. 55 more for the daily bonus if it's your 1st thing to earn fleet marks in 20 hours or more.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    danaleedanalee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Fleet marks hasn't been difficult to get... queue up, go kill, done and done.

Problem has routinely been donating to fleet/armada projects to turn into credits for me. Massive fleets have the benefit of fully loaded amenities with the downside of nearly everything being contributed within seconds of new project loaded.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yeah, I probably have 100k fleet marks waiting for a queue. When I logged in today all 3 of the new queues were already filled up and building. Like Danalee said, it's nice things get built fast, just wish I could find a empty marks queue once in a while!

Cryptic really needs to make the other material queues worth more credits; nobody cares about a 1:1 ratio for Dilthium when you get 50:1 for marks. Especially when you have nothing else to spend marks on, Dil is used for everything.