test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TNG Galaxy Class Bridge

Comments

• pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I am disappointed that there is no Battle Bridge. It needed to be in there! Bridges for the interior maps are serve no real function so there isn't really any excuse as to why it couldn't have been added.

I'm likewise upset about the lack of the battle bridge. That was a huge misstep. Still, I bought the interior because I don't want the bean counters at Cryptic and PWE to claim the same old idiot statement: "We don't put resources into developing interiors because interior packs don't sell."

Hey, devs and the people at PWE paying the devs' salaries, if you make quality interiors based on the shows and movies we WILL buy them.

Also, if you remember to include iconic sets (like the battle bridge as depicted in Best of Both Worlds) then even more of us will pay.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I'll buy it as soon as I get home, though personally I prefer the Sovereign and NX interiors. Hopefully sales are high enough to get those some consideration.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I'm sorry but i'm not even looking at this TNG bridge as an option at any point.

Firstly 2k zen is way too much for a bridge option and this is like buying a t-shirt from a brand that pays 3x more for a single tee when you could get half a dozen tees with better value and quality from an unbranded supplier. If there are better alternatives? Then unfortunately it doesn't make any sense to go looking for something like this when the next best thing will do without the price tag.

The second point i am struggling with is the tiny engineering section and the oversized sickbay, the dimensions are not as they should be.

thirdly, besides being a bridge that has some usefulness in giving additional tools usually reserved for lobi ship bridges, what other purpose is there for this bridge for it to be worth 2k and how much use can one get from such a bridge anyway since most of your efforts will be outside the bridge fighting enemies in missions and STF's?

i'm thinking about how useful it could be verses the value it presents and honestly the value is just not there for me to give it some consideration.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • sotsogmsotsogm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    This is hard because I like it, I want it, and I'm willing to pay for it... I'm just not willing to pay quite that much.

I'm not going to rule it out as an "eventually," and I've spent a lot of Zen (ground or purchased) on cosmetics, but I fear they set the price a little too steeply. I hope that doesn't backfire on everyone.
    sotsogm wrote: »
    This is hard because I like it, I want it, and I'm willing to pay for it... I'm just not willing to pay quite that much.

I'm not going to rule it out as an "eventually," and I've spent a lot of Zen (ground or purchased) on cosmetics, but I fear they set the price a little too steeply. I hope that doesn't backfire on everyone.

Based on what they've said about the amount of time it takes to make these interiors, the price tag doesn't surprise me much. The main problem is there's not enough to do there, which could be remedied if they figured out a way to make missions on board your ship work.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    2000 ZEN FOR INTERIOR ????

Yeah, $20 for eye candy for a place I NEVER GO TO. Such a deal! :/
    This should have been given as part of the TNG Anniversary event (assuming STO does one)

I assume they'll give this away at some point in a couple years during the STO Anniversary week. I'll just wait till then.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I am disappointed that there is no Battle Bridge. It needed to be in there! Bridges for the interior maps are serve no real function so there isn't really any excuse as to why it couldn't have been added.

I'm likewise upset about the lack of the battle bridge. That was a huge misstep. Still, I bought the interior because I don't want the bean counters at Cryptic and PWE to claim the same old idiot statement: "We don't put resources into developing interiors because interior packs don't sell."

Hey, devs and the people at PWE paying the devs' salaries, if you make quality interiors based on the shows and movies we WILL buy them.

Also, if you remember to include iconic sets (like the battle bridge as depicted in Best of Both Worlds) then even more of us will pay.

I honestly don't believe them when they make excuses like that. They never publish the numbers to back up their claims and they have never given me a reason to take their excuses at face value. So many people wanted different variants of the main bridge and interior as well. There is no AGT variant, no Future Imperfect variant, and no Generations variant. They rolled out a patch last Friday to fix the Galaxy interior showing up as the default interior for newly claimed Galaxy ships, siting the interior wasn't finished. Well... nothing has changed in it that I have noticed since last week!
  • bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    Another great interior for us, keep'em come'n! :)

BCW
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, you know there will probably be a three pack Cross-faction or a nine pack Cross-faction Bundle coming up on October 3rd. New Lockbox then too. Discovery or Tzen'kethi? What do you think?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    So I bought the new Galaxy bridge interior, thanks primarily to my LTS stipend and saved Dil. Overall, the interior is nice, and the NPCs are themed to TNG. I could see Ten Forward being used the most from this bridge set by RPers. This is definitely for the RPer and Space Barbie, which I think is nice to have.

There are a few annoyances I have with it: not being able to sit on the bar stools at Ten Forward; NPCs constantly opening the doors to the Captain's Quarters; the glass desk in the Captain's Quarters not set properly (showing the legs through the glass); not being able to sit on the curved seat located in the Captain's Quarters; not being able to sit at the desk seat in the Captain's Quarters; and when using the turbolift to go back to the bridge, you end up in the center of bridge rather than on the turbolift to get off. Like others have said, I would have liked the Battle Bridge, Cargo bay, and Shuttle bay to have been added to the bridge set.

Is it worth 2,000 Zen ($20)? Yes and no. The aesthetics definitely give you that TNG vibe. Ten Forward is really the feature that, in my opinion, gives the bridge set the most value. The bridge is definitely an improvement over the other versions available in the game, especially since you get a ready room similar to the one on TNG. If you are an RPer or Space Barbie player who uses the interiors a lot, it's definitely worth it. However, the issues I mentioned with the maps and models makes me believe that the price should be more like 1,000 Zen to 1,500 Zen. If those issues get fixed, I would still argue for 1,500 zen because most players really don't use the bridge, with the exception of those that have the Bank, Email, Exchange, etc.

That being said, if you truly want this bridge and you have the Zen, Dil, and/or cash to get it, get it. Otherwise, I would suggest waiting for it to go on sale. Now, if this bridge set is to be packed like Voyager's, it might be better to get it sooner rather than later if you own all Galaxy ships. As the Ferengi would say, "Always inspect the merchandise before making a deal."
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    wardcalis wrote: »
    Anyone else really pissed or are you like me and just too numb by this point. Romulans beg and plead for YEARS and they don't get a single alternate bridge option let alone a bridge pack and fed get a super sweet custom Galaxy bridge.

The new sulabon ship even used the super dated romulan bridge

Nope. You have your DPS and Battlecloak. Plus, Romulans were the first to receive the nicer interiors during LoR.
  • deceon55deceon55 Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    Cryptic please change the crew to all the same uniform. TNG on the crew walking around and odyssey Uniforms on all the duty officer contacts and extra officers on bridge. They need to match. that way I can dress myself and Boffs to match.
    Sorry, there is no reason that Fleet Holdings have an Exchange and the Starbase doesn't because it hasn't progressed to ridiculous thresholds. One dimensional thinking.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    Anyone else really pissed or are you like me and just too numb by this point. Romulans beg and plead for YEARS and they don't get a single alternate bridge option let alone a bridge pack and fed get a super sweet custom Galaxy bridge.

Nope. You have your DPS and Battlecloak. Plus, Romulans were the first to receive the nicer interiors during LoR.
    What nicer interiors? There are no such things as romulan interiors, plural, at all. Romulans have the exactly one interior, which is only half-finished at that.
    Exploring it now, I'd like to point out that this bridge, which can be used on any starship, clearly has a galaxy class hull visible through every window, so at this point there's really no reason for the Odyssey bridge to be restricted to the Odyssey class.

Also, why isn't the viewscreen a window too!?! Would look so much better than the matte painting of a starfield.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I already purchased the old galaxy bridge pack a long time ago for 400 Zen, but now I'm suppose to be excited to spend another 2000 for a new better one? Way too pricey IMO. It's more than double what I'm willing to pay considering the uselessness of starship interiors.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    The price of 2,000z seems a bit high. However, a bridge is 400z and this is a full interior which probably is 5x the work to make. Worth it if you want it imo.
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Thread: 2000 ZEN FOR INTERIOR ???? @ray339

Yeah, I gotta agree. This is beyond horse-armor levels of absurd.
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Everyone. Buy this bridge. If you don't, they will stop making them. And I want more cool bridges.
    edited September 2017
    Everyone. Buy this bridge. If you don't, they will stop making them. And I want more cool bridges.

If they had made it 500, I'd have bought it. I guess the question to Cryptic is... 2000*X > 500*Y or 2000*X < 500*Y
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    > @antiquesroadshow said:
    > Everyone. Buy this bridge. If you don't, they will stop making them. And I want more cool bridges.

If it had been >1000 Zen I'd have picked it up, but 2000 is just crazy.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    The price of 2,000z seems a bit high. However, a bridge is 400z and this is a full interior which probably is 5x the work to make. Worth it if you want it imo.

Everyone seems to forget that this is a fully fledged interior, though they probably could've made it sting less if they put some extra goodies in there ala the DS9 or TOS bundle. I bought it anyways since the Galaxy interior has always been the one I wanted.
    SP9Pu.gif
    Everyone seems to forget that this is a fully fledged interior, though they probably could've made it sting less if they put some extra goodies in there ala the DS9 or TOS bundle. I bought it anyways since the Galaxy interior has always been the one I wanted.

You seem to forget how few people spend any amount of time in a ship interior.
    If Cryptic's goal was to just wow the small population of RPers and Interior fanatics... then success, I guess? But even then, people are complaining about dimensions and etc. So failure? :/
  • newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Where is the release notes on the bridge set?
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Um... Wow.

I wouldn't object (too much) to paying for a Galaxy class interior, dispite owning the Galaxy bundle. But 2k Zen?

That's a "heck no".

Sorry, no sale.
    warpangel wrote: »
    velqua wrote: »

What nicer interiors? There are no such things as romulan interiors, plural, at all. Romulans have the exactly one interior, which is only half-finished at that.

The Romulans acquired the redone interiors with nice a mess hall, corridors, and a few rooms when LoR happened. The other factions didn't really get any finer bridges until after LoR with the exception of the Constitution and Defiant bridges.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

If they had made it 500, I'd have bought it. I guess the question to Cryptic is... 2000*X > 500*Y or 2000*X < 500*Y
    nikephorus wrote: »
    > @antiquesroadshow said:
    > Everyone. Buy this bridge. If you don't, they will stop making them. And I want more cool bridges.

If it had been >1000 Zen I'd have picked it up, but 2000 is just crazy.

It would have been worth 2,000 or even 2,500 ZEN if it was actually polished, included the Battle Bridge, and an AGT variant at the very least. It would seem that the more time passes, they expect us to pay more while they do less work, put in less effort, and expect everyone to just shut up, like it, and throw money at them. If you aren't happy with it, then don't buy it! If you are, then enjoy it!

I am personally not happy with it enough to buy it. A key element of the interior is missing and is incomplete as long as there is no Battle Bridge in my opinion. Ideally, there should have been a Future Imperfect, All Good Things, and Generations variants of the interior. If these are added in the future, even if it costs more. I will more than likely buy unless it's over $50.
    Well the Voyager Bridge was a full fledged interior as well with the 2370 and 2410 variants. When you can buy the T6 Pathfinder with the Interior it is 4,000 Zen. That is 3,000 Zen for a T6 ship and 1,000 for the Interior.

Read that folks, 1,000 Zen for two versions of the Voyager Interior. Have we had 100% inflation since then?

Same cr*p they pulled last year on the lead up to the TOS 50th Anniversary. Put a T6 Constitution in an R&D Promotion Pack and the Kelvin version in a Lockbox. Then later put the NX Retrofit into the Lobi Store.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns