test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet management bugs

satanstoenailsatanstoenail Member Posts: 18 Arc User
1. Special upgrade preparations still appears as an option even when the embassy has been fully completed.

2. Promotion/demotion of alts within fleet. When you try to promote a members alt, it promotes the character they first joined on instead. This makes fleet management incredibly difficult to impossible.

On a side note some extra filters for the fleet roster would be very useful such as time since last logged in, and sort by PSN.

Comments

• dbumblebee#5000 dbumblebee Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I have found a work around for the fleet promotion bug. If you create in-game team with the member you are trying to promote, it will promote the correct toon. Developers should either fix the actual bug or at least inform users of this work around if they intend to let this bug that has been around for months to linger. Their inaction on long known issues and lack of communication to console users needs to end soon.
  • hmkabathmkabat Member Posts: 1 Arc User

2. Promotion/demotion of alts within fleet. When you try to promote a members alt, it promotes the character they first joined on instead. This makes fleet management incredibly difficult to impossible.

On a side note some extra filters for the fleet roster would be very useful such as time since last logged in, and sort by PSN.[/quote]

I have noticed that as well. We are also experiencing the same issue with promoting/demoting alts within our fleet. As for the extra filters to the fleet roster, Please add an Overall Contributions Tab so people can see how much they have fully contributed to their fleet and for fleets who use the Overall Holding Contributions as a way of promoting.
  • boghound#4067 boghound Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Concur with your thoughts about adding some tools to help figure out total contributions, and recent activity of fleet members. Adding up all the contributions tabs is terribly tedious, and trying to figure out who's still active can be equally vexing...
  • caparzoukcaparzouk Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    100% agree on all of the above, it is indeed tedious having to add up all of the contributions across all of the holdings, and recent activity would be a welcome addition. But as for the alts, I have just employed the aforementioned work around, even though it makes it annoying to have to be online at the same time as the person needing to be promoted. I guess they could look to fix the over-spilling text in the Fleet Holdings Menu too, and adding Armada mail in for heads of each fleet in the Armada would be very useful for passing word around on Armada events etc.
    1e04d86e1d98ada86a1f0a3e985dd642.jpg
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @dbumblebee#5000 said:
    > Their inaction on long known issues and lack of communication to console users needs to end soon.

Million times this!!!!!
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    so I just his this promotion bug on alts in fleet on xbox. It was reported in multiple threads dating back to February. 7 months and no fix...Is anyone at STO even looking into this one?
  • devxox#8969 devxox Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Is there a way to change armada setting my fleet leader stept down and promoted me but when i try to change the setting it will not let me