test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Orville Uniforms

shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
So what do you think the closest uniforms is? I can use the Kelvin Admiral for the captain and admiral uniform but what about the crew any suggestions

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Maybe one of the stock Antares variants?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    L0ZJ4YP.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    I dabbled trying to make that uniform too. For me Star Trek The Motion Picture uniform was the closest I could get.
    sstosig2.png
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    walligig wrote: »
    I dabbled trying to make that uniform too. For me Star Trek The Motion Picture uniform was the closest I could get.

I may have to try and dabble with the STMP uniforms
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    The closest I have come to getting the Orville look, is by using the Kelvin uniform: e2e681d8c5f5ff3e88e9b96c2b25549e1468514109.jpg
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    uwWW9zM.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited September 2017
    That's a stupid Question - Admiral Patrick, Deep Space Nine

hqdefault.jpg

He is right and you are as well. [/quote

ok
    Post edited by shadowkosh on
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    The closest I have come to getting the Orville look, is by using the Kelvin uniform: e2e681d8c5f5ff3e88e9b96c2b25549e1468514109.jpg

I was able to do that with my toon but I don’t think boffs can wear it
    A-02_variant.png?version=4d207416a25d993f5dd1bd7eed6dbce5
    Antares 2 might be an option.

Uniform_Bajoran25th_red2.png?version=0b5a677b6c7a3a31195f51813e2de5a7
    And maye even the Bajoran.

Note I didn't doi those pics. They were already existing on the STO wiki in the uniform color guide.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    After working on it for about 20 minutes this is what I came up with.
    screenshot_2017-09-20-11-31-50.jpg

Obviously its not perfect. There is no zipper down the middle or lines on the arms for one. There is a belt slot on these uniforms that does not exist on the Orville uniforms and the tailor did not have the right shade of Orange so I just choose one. Same with Purple. However this was close enough for me though I am sure someone who spends more time at it could probably come up with something better.
    sstosig2.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

Actually not the official Orville uniforms (the threads subject), we are getting the official Discovery uniforms.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    bloodyriz wrote: »

Actually not the official Orville uniforms (the threads subject), we are getting the official Discovery uniforms.​​
    I never said the contrary. As Orville is an obvious affectionate parody of Star Trek, I sorta consider DSC to be the official stuff and Orville the semi-parody, even if both are official stuff.
    #TASforSTO
  • donnydoo818#3004 donnydoo818 Member Posts: 17 Arc User

I never said the contrary. As Orville is an obvious affectionate parody of Star Trek, I sorta consider DSC to be the official stuff and Orville the semi-parody, even if both are official stuff.

What a bunch of nonsense. The person who posted this thread is trying to make a uniform that LOOKS like the ORVILLE uniform. Even though the Orville is an obvious Trek parody, the Discovery uniforms don't LOOK LIKE the ORVILLE uniforms. So you posting in this thread about the Discovery uniforms is irrelevant to what the OP is actually trying to do.

What a bunch of nonsense. The person who posted this thread is trying to make a uniform that LOOKS like the ORVILLE uniform. Even though the Orville is an obvious Trek parody, the Discovery uniforms don't LOOK LIKE the ORVILLE uniforms. So you posting in this thread about the Discovery uniforms is irrelevant to what the OP is actually trying to do.
    As Orville is the direct competitor of Star Trek Discovery (to the point where some fans consider Orville to be the better Star trek show of the two), I was merely pointing out that there were the Discovery uniforms available so fans can now have both in the same game.
    #TASforSTO
  • donnydoo818#3004 donnydoo818 Member Posts: 17 Arc User

As Orville is the direct competitor of Star Trek Discovery (to the point where some fans consider Orville to be the better Star trek show of the two), I was merely pointing out that there were the Discovery uniforms available so fans can now have both in the same game.

That still has nothing to do with this thread.

This thread is specifically about trying to find an in game match to the ORVILLE uniform.

The ORVILLE uniform does NOT look like the Discovery uniform.

So your post about the Discovery uniforms is OFF TOPIC in this thread.

And OFF TOPIC posts are against the forum rules.

So please stop with your OFF TOPIC posts in this thread.

PS: there is already a separate thread to discuss the Discovery uniform, so if you want to talk about that uniform you should be posting in that thread.
    The TMP uniforms are kind of close I am working on them now
    Why are people arguing over the Discovery uniforms? Ok... we got them in game. They're cool. I like. Its just missing the short sleeve variant we saw in the trailers, and gold and bronze don't seem to show up very well for departmental colors on my 1060.

We're talking about Orville uniform mockups. What does that have to do with how the Discovery uniforms look?
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    walligig wrote: »
    After working on it for about 20 minutes this is what I came up with.
    screenshot_2017-09-20-11-31-50.jpg

Obviously its not perfect. There is no zipper down the middle or lines on the arms for one. There is a belt slot on these uniforms that does not exist on the Orville uniforms and the tailor did not have the right shade of Orange so I just choose one. Same with Purple. However this was close enough for me though I am sure someone who spends more time at it could probably come up with something better.

Agree, well done with the resources you had to work with to make it look similar!
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited September 2017

After last nights Orville (Episode 3) I will say they are definetly not a Paradoy but a bold take on Science Fiction in the same vein as TOS tackling relevant topics of the day. Watch Epsiode 3 you will not be sorry and it will change how you look at Orville. They went were no Trek Series or film dared go PERIOD.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It was a hell of an episode.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I agree, TMP is cleaner, but Antares 2 is the closest. I think I've settled on H9 as the grey color for the shoulder and collar portion. Plus, if you use a TOS character, you can use the Nautilus badges for that round look. Pants are tough because you can't really get cool piping. I've settled on the Enterprise pants, for the moment because they have a little extra detail, but I might go back to my All Good Things generic standby.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    i belave the kelvin uniform is a good match for the orville uniforms,