test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you love the TNG Phaser Rifle?

snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
I love this rifle! From a TNG fan standpoint to how it looks and fires. Before I used sniper rifles but now I use the TNG one. I even grinded out enough of the rifles for all my officers!

I wish the modifiers were a bit different, but yeah. I love the rifle! It looks amazing!

Oh, have you guys noticed this little detail? When using the secondary firing mode. You actually flip the digital crosshair.

Sweeeet. Nerdgasm. Lol.

NBIcQtK.png

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I noticed that, didn't really expect it on a non-Sniper rifle.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Ahh the old phaser rifle, not a glamorous rifle but it got the job done during the dominion war and it almost incited a border war with the Klingons and Federation at Krios.

The crosshair is manually flipped so you have to pull it up into position to use it with your fingers. i wonder if there is an animation with this rifle to flip up and flip down the crosshair?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Ahh the old phaser rifle, not a glamorous rifle but it got the job done during the dominion war and it almost incited a border war with the Klingons and Federation at Krios.

The crosshair is manually flipped so you have to pull it up into position to use it with your fingers. i wonder if there is an animation with this rifle to flip up and flip down the crosshair?

It just slowly flips up and down by itself. You character does not move it.
    tyler002 wrote: »
    I noticed that, didn't really expect it on a non-Sniper rifle.

Well they aren't sniper rifles but I guess they are for long distance shooting like we saw in the Dominion War. And according to the tech manuals these rifles have a pretty impressive range.

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I don't have it yet. Went for the console first but I'll definitely get it when I replay the episode.

Such details are always nice.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    I might grind it for my Romulan, her crew is mostly Starfleet, and her away team all wear temporal jumpsuits, so it wouldn't be too incongruous for them to be using them, and as it's such a quick mission, not much in the way of a grind :sunglasses:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I'm not a fan, really. The aesthetics just don't do it for me, much as the size of the weapon itself if correct. I'll stick to my Omega Carbine.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I love it! I had been using the MACO sniper rifle, but this my new primary weapon.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Yup. Quite smexy. Standard equipment for all Starfleet crews on my account now.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Crew I am setting up for TNG wear is slowly grinding for them. Soon the whole away team shall have them. Next I await the skant.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I might get it just to try it out. However, the plasma wide beam rifle is pretty much the standard issue weapon for all my characters and away team Boffs.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I like it
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    For a Mission reward, it ain't bad. Looks appropriate with the Omega gear as well. Didn't see the popup sight until I hit it by accident. I laughed and tried it again. Whereupon Khaj'Buur promptly sent me to Respawnville.

Oh well.

I like it enough I am going to Replay enough to get one for all of my Away Team. I have one char who is "All TNG. All the Time." The rifle will round him out nicely.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    A nice thing I just learned about it thanks to those screenshots is that they fixed the character's animation for the rifle. Last time I tried the rifle when the episode was just released, my character's palm was getting impaled by the front handle.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    A nice thing I just learned about it thanks to those screenshots is that they fixed the character's animation for the rifle. Last time I tried the rifle when the episode was just released, my character's palm was getting impaled by the front handle.

i managed to buy a Dominion heavy assault weapon from the lobi store for my giant lizard KDF officer, the weapon is so small that the hand on the front that is meant to hold the weapon up is so far ahead of the handle where as the hand behind is so large that the hadle with the firing button on it is hidden. These weapons need to be adjustable to the character.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    ...While strutting around Risa in my tight Gorn shorts...

AHHHH! MY EYES! Somebody pass the bleach! Quickly!

Just what STO needs. Godzilla wandering about in a banana hammock. Eeeewwww!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    While strutting around Risa in my tight Gorn shorts, I did per chance seriously deplete the planets higher life forms with it.

latest?cb=20111002223636
    Gorn... in a speedo...

latest?cb=20141029084615

BRAIN BLEACH!!!!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    .While strutting around Risa in my tight Gorn shorts, I did per chance seriously deplete the planets higher life forms with it.
    Let's see what ya got, Crashy Baby. ;)
    w0SddJJ.jpg
    I could use some new blackmail material. :D

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    dps is low on it though. as others have said i'll stick with the carbine
    Spock.jpg

dps is low on it though. as others have said i'll stick with the carbine

Upgrade it, and you'll have your DPS fix.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Never like the HD rifles to be honest, but i will probably pick up some for testing on my boffs.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    questerius wrote: »
    Never like the HD rifles to be honest, but i will probably pick up some for testing on my boffs.
    I thought the "tested-on-Boff" approval of weapons was banned by the DAIPF (Dumb AIs Protection Front) Accords of the 21st century. Did someone alter the timeline again?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I will extol the virtues of the Plasma Repeater Pistol or Plasma Piercing Rifle.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I'll say that "portrait" is not quite up to Starfleet regulations... I mean the skirt is short enough something is starting to peek out.

Confiscation is called for. Definitely, it's in the regs. *hide his regs padd*

I'll say that "portrait" is not quite up to Starfleet regulations... I mean the skirt is short enough something is starting to peek out.

Confiscation is called for. Definitely, it's in the regs. *hide his regs padd*

Like we never seen that happen to Uhura or Tamera? XD
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    .While strutting around Risa in my tight Gorn shorts, I did per chance seriously deplete the planets higher life forms with it.
    Let's see what ya got, Crashy Baby. ;)
    w0SddJJ.jpg

:D:D<3<3

Blackmail material, eh...? I have some of 'an officer who shall remain nameless' engaging in conduct unbecoming an officer while in Ten Forward. If said material was to be publicly posted, it would definitely be replaced with BMR's CENSORED FOR OBSCENITY pic ;)
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    ^ LOL
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch