test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can't bring myself to even play.

after a few months I still can't Brin myself to play... why is this?

I've got like 500££ worth of ships and no desire to even download the updates.. epp

Comments

• skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    nope just seems like there's nothing for me

dunno
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Make a new character. Female. To give you motivation.
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,016 Community Moderator
    Have any KDF or Romulan characters?

Anyways... STO is still a F2P game. You can pick it up again anytime. Also... we do have the new Feature Episode with Levar Burton live on the server, and the upcoming TNG Anniversary.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Maybe playing the game for thousands of hours is just a bit mad, and being bored like that is the reasonable response.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I didn't get the chance to buy the delta ops pack when the option came up, but right now that ship sale is coming up to a close and i'm torn if i should consider the yorktown starcruiser by buying £16 for 2.4k zen or waiting on it until early summer next year when the stipend has built up, i'm considering it against the expected shelf life of this game in a few years.

That is one part of my problem, the second part is, am i motivated enough to go out there and level up a new character with those same dull episode arcs that i have been through dozens of times over in the past and still be around long enough to get the starcruiser from the shipyard after buying it and arming it up accordingly?

I do understand your problem OP, you are wondering if there is still a point going through that repetition once again, but unfortunately none of us can answer if you should consider biting your tongue and going through it. What is it you want to do, what you honestly want to do?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    I didn't get the chance to buy the delta ops pack when the option came up, but right now that ship sale is coming up to a close and i'm torn if i should consider the yorktown starcruiser by buying £16 for 2.4k zen or waiting on it until early summer next year when the stipend has built up, i'm considering it against the expected shelf life of this game in a few years.

That is one part of my problem, the second part is, am i motivated enough to go out there and level up a new character with those same dull episode arcs that i have been through dozens of times over in the past and still be around long enough to get the starcruiser from the shipyard after buying it and arming it up accordingly?

I do understand your problem OP, you are wondering if there is still a point going through that repetition once again, but unfortunately none of us can answer if you should consider biting your tongue and going through it. What is it you want to do, what you honestly want to do?
    Buy the Yorktown.
    It.
    Is.
    Worth it :sunglasses:

"I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth

Buy the Yorktown.
    It.
    Is.

hehehe. i saw on another thread about the Yorktown and it's stats do look impressive for sure.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Happens to me all the time..

Just stop playing until you feel the urge to play again. If you never do, then you had a good run.

I have stopped playing STO several times over the last several years, burnout is normal. You're just not ready to come back yet.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Happens to me all the time..

Just stop playing until you feel the urge to play again. If you never do, then you had a good run.

I have stopped playing STO several times over the last several years, burnout is normal. You're just not ready to come back yet.

Until you get one of those urges that feel so strong that you come back, after a few missions you lost interest again, like a nostalgia overload.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Take a short break, and then come back, yo.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    I remember..

I saved all my dill up for the dill boxes. there was no sign of them. soo I bought a lot of fleet stuff.

the next day the dill boxes came out.. I lost soo many potential upgrade books.

so I stopped playing after that.. oops
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Just walk away, at least until S14 drop in i'd say.

STO has a habit of becoming a monotonous grind fest, even if you are willing to make a bazillion characters and play the same missions over and over and over again. So with the new content drying up pretty fast these days it's no wonder people get burned out and bored with it.
    If you are F2P maybe just take a break for a month or so, or maybe only log in for a min a day to refine daily dilithium to keep things ticking over.
    Or if you are subbed or lifer then just walk off and let the monthly dilithium build up.
    SulMatuul.png
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User

Buy the Yorktown.
    It.
    Is.

hehehe. i saw on another thread about the Yorktown and it's stats do look impressive for sure.
    It's listed as a science cruiser, but it's not. Its console layout is definitely geared toward engineering, and with the universal seating, that spot gives Lt.Cmdr Tactical, so it's more than capable of handling itself in a scrap :sunglasses:

"I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User

I've got like 500££ worth of ships and no desire to even download the updates.. epp

Simple: burnout.

There's a psychological cost to playing one thing intensively for any significant length of time. You're feeling it. Take a break, that's all you need to do. It's not a fault of you or the game, it's just a sign that you need to take a step back for a little while.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Can I haz your stuffz ;)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    To repeat the best advice in here: Play another game for a time. I rotate around among a large number of games, in order to avoid burning out on any of them (currently a lot of my time is being spent on Champions Online, but after the anniversary event ends I'll probably be leaving Millennium City for a while, so I don't burn out on superheroics).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Can relate with OP. I played this game excessively in the past.

When the time/cash used up feels like a job as opposed to fun and enjoyable, it's definitely time to leave it be.

Play something else, or better yet give up gaming in favor of some other hobby.

If you start to miss some aspects of the game (like I have been lately), no reason you can't pop back in here and there, check it out again, and shut it down as soon as you feel like it. That's what I'm doing lately - with my finger on alt-F4 as soon as something or other about this broken mess pisses me off again.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    I used to do the same missions in the Spectre arc before F2P, spin the wheel and the one where you go into the past to detect triolic energy and come back. i did those same missions in a round 25-30 minute trip over 110 times in a row at one point! How i managed it? no clue, it was the same elsewhere over a decade and a bit ago when i was doing Runescape cutting down yew trees but i was watching rerun of NCIS from a portable DVD player, got to level 93/99 at one point without stopping, even overnight.

There are times in between knowing what it is you are getting into that suddenly you find this ability to grind out of nowhere but it eventually stops even if you want to get back into it you can't.
  • drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User

That's all part of the ebb and flow (ugh) of online gaming.

You'll either miss the game and come back, or realise one day in 2 years that you haven't thought of the game for months.

DO NOT come back because you have, like, 500 pounds worth of stuff. That's just stupid, because they're things to play WITH. If you don't want to play, they won't hold your interest, and will actually taint your play experience.

Or maybe I'm just projecting. Whatever.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    OP take a break play something different eventually you will get the desire to play STO again. Heck I took 4 months off.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Don't make too many characters, just make a small pack of ones you really like.
    And, like some said, take a break....play other games.....OR something else, grab a few books to read, for example. Put together some models, that sorta thing.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Play a Star Wars game, maybe.
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    You have set a goal for yourself. What do you want to accomplish in the game? Max out all energy types of damage or something. Collect everything.
  • newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Everyone needs a break. When the best season ever dropped(Delta Rising) I lost half of my fleet. Over the next 2 years, the rest left too. I am all that is left with a starbase all to myself. I only play maybe 2-3 hours a week now tops. Some weeks, no time at all. So if you don't come back and carry on with life, that's ok. If you don't come back until s14, that's ok too.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Try and think about a particular aspect of the game that you haven't tried it out yet, and focus on it.

The Foundry, for instance.