test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Week not working on lockbox Dilithium vouchers (ONLY 2500 DIL instead of 5000 )!!!!!

fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
Have a look, and fix up Cryptic !!! That is not what it is written in the event window !!!!
It is written : Dilithium earned from the ferengi mine and lock box Dilithium ticket are doubled for the duration of that event.

That is absolutely not the case, when we exchange dilithium voucher from the lockboxes we get only 2500 dilithium !!!!
FIX THAT PLEASE !!!
mini_229794StarTrekOnline20170917095238.jpg
PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...

Comments

• Options
    It is not what it is written on that screenshot of the event...
    Would you want your dilithium ? or not ?
    I am sorry but i pay master keys to have dilithium to upgrade my fleet...
    and i count on the proverb : what you see is what you get !!!
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    It's only like that because you only looked at the parts that supports your PoV and edit out other relivant parts that says otherwise...like...
    Star Trek Online is running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! It’s time to hit the drills, Captains! The Dilithium Ore event runs from 9AM PST Thursday, September 14th to 10AM PST Monday, September 18th.

Where it CLEARLY states that the event is for dilithium ORE. The fact that you misread it and spent keys on things not boosted by the event is nobody's fault beyond your own. Deal with it.

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=229794StarTrekOnline20170917095238.jpg
  • Options
    sekot#4784 sekot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    +1
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    mini_504755StarTrekOnline20170917110140.jpgYou can see the dilithium event with the correct date ...
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    While I agree the text is misleading (though it's more likely a very bad oversight) and that it should be fixed, I wonder why if you want dilithium to upgrade a fleet (so that means getting a LOT of the stuff) you choose the easy but unrewarding way to expect 5,000 dil with a quick click, when you can have twice the amount by doing a one-minute minigame.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    fced wrote: »
    mini_504755StarTrekOnline20170917110140.jpgYou can see the dilithium event with the correct date ...

That's nice. That message was from before there was vouchers. They didn't include it on there as they should have, however, the whole details of event does clearly state what is and is not boosted instead of the small blurb in game. Once again, still on YOU.

Truely are you working for Cryptic ? or Are you a real player ??? Because in all those answers, i have the feeling those are Cryptics users trying to troll that topic !!!

We have the vouchers since the beginning of STO, and this message is from September 14 2017...
    A lot of players from my armada which are peoples which pay real money to have dilithium vouchers do not understand why they don't have their 5000 dilithium when they exchange their vouchers...
    They read something, so the open Kelvin, Cardassian lockbox to have dilithium vouchers, and they don't have what they have read, and what they have paid for ...

I am sorry, but that is not legal.

You PC Players and Cryptic (because you seem to work together) have to understand something, there is plenty of new games on PS4/XBOX, and STO Players leave each days, all our friends, from our armada (2500 Players, the biggest armada on Console) are leaving the game because of Cryptic marketing strategy (take money, take money, take money, never give a good service, taking 6 month to update, take money, take money, etc)...

Those players are tired (as I am) of Cryptic marketing practice (i am Lifetime User, i invested more in that game that in any other game), and we are a lot, i am still here, but i see people leave the game because of those things...
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    While I agree the text is misleading (though it's more likely a very bad oversight) and that it should be fixed, I wonder why if you want dilithium to upgrade a fleet (so that means getting a LOT of the stuff) you choose the easy but unrewarding way to expect 5,000 dil with a quick click, when you can have twice the amount by doing a one-minute minigame.

Because the vouchers are usuable immediately instead of restricted to 8k per day refinment limit. That 10k dil ore is useless if you are sitting on 1 mil unrefined ores already honestly.

I have 400 Vouchers, and i open 200 more boxes per week, i have 9 characters, i mine one voucher, or two, if i had to mine my 400 vouchers + 50 i receive each week, i will spend my life on Star Trek Online, and will have to stop working in real life (and i should stop to open lockbox = stop to buy keys from cryptic)...
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Did you just accuse coldnapalm of working for cryptic?

Really?... Seriously?

Congratulations, that is now the number 1 stupidest thing I have ever seen written on this forum.

Well done.

Try calming yourself and reading what he typed. Just because you don't like what he's saying doesn't make him wrong.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    OP The pic you posted said dilithium earned....In STO you earn Dilithium by mining, running PVE ques, doffing, or admirality. Taking a Dilithium claim, and switching it for a voucher is not earning it. No more than getting a five dollar bill for five ones is.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Bugs in the game should be reported in the bug sub-forum. Below is the link for the PS4.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/ps4-gameplay-bug-reports

Given the fact that the Weekend Event ends on Sep. 18, 2017, Cryptic will not be able to fix any bugs associated with the event. Cryptic needs time to investigate, create the patch and test the patch before the game can actually be patched (on Tuesdays for consoles). Patches for the consoles must go through MS's / Sony's content vetting process (including a "simple" patch). This process takes time and it is likely the patch must be approve by both MS and Sony for their respective consoles (it gets added to the queue of other patches the "review department" is responsible for reviewing) before the patch will be applied to the console.

In short, this bug will not be fixed before the event ends.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Why wuld anyone turn in VIP vouchers to the Ferengi inside the Airlock? Even when the Dil Bonus Event is not going on, they are only redeemed at half value. Further, they are restricted to either Reputation or Fleet Dilithium. So they cannot be used for other things. The Info Box which appears clearly states the value of the voucher turned in is 2,500 Refined Dilithium. Not Ore.

BTW, When you spend an average of US $200 per month on this game for at least five years, talk to me about how because you spend money on STO they should listen to you.

"Coldnapalm is a Cryptic employee." Giggle. Snort. Bwah hah hah hah!
    Thank you for demonstrating just how little attention you pay to things. And how infrequently you visit these forums.

Lastly, people like you OP are the reason I have a T Shirt which says:
    Please note - I am under no obligation to defend you from your own stupidity.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    fced wrote: »
    It's only like that because you only looked at the parts that supports your PoV and edit out other relivant parts that says otherwise...like...
    Star Trek Online is running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! It’s time to hit the drills, Captains! The Dilithium Ore event runs from 9AM PST Thursday, September 14th to 10AM PST Monday, September 18th.

Where it CLEARLY states that the event is for dilithium ORE. The fact that you misread it and spent keys on things not boosted by the event is nobody's fault beyond your own. Deal with it.

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=229794StarTrekOnline20170917095238.jpg

The pic you show does not support your claim, the dilithium icon shown on it is clearly that of ore.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    redspecter23redspecter23 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    The event increases dilithium ore gains. The vouchers are not ore. Why you would have an expectation that it should be increased and ignore all evidence that doesn't support your outrageous claim is beyond me. By all means, come to the forums to post info about bugs, but please also be open minded enough to listen to other players when they tell you repeatedly that you may be wrong and to check your facts.

In this case, the error is unfortunately in the description in your screenshot. The wording is exceptionally poor and should likely be changed to be more clear that ore gains specifically are increased and not the voucher turnin for the dilithium claims from lockboxes.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Vouchers of specialized refined Dilitium has NEVER been doubled or increased by 50% by this Dilitium Bonus Event.

Additionally, for the past two years the following Unrefined Dilitium Ore is also not affected by the Dilitium Bonus Event:

Reputation Projects to convert Marks or Elite Marks to Dilitium.

Reputation Tier V Dilitium Award (32k or 9k)

The Final Dilitium Award from 21-day Events (50k)

KDF and Ferengi 10 of 10 Tour of Duty Dilitium Awards (always since introduction)

Dilitium Awards when Specializations are maxed in lieu of the Specialization Point.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    It's not a bug. Working as intended, but since this was started claiming a bug, all bugs get reported in the Bug Subforum.

XQdQcll.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.