What Do You Think? The Ferengi Admiralty

1235»

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    Because Dilithium makes our ships go.
    Well, unless you have a Romulan vessel. :p

But seriously, I don't get it either.

And since we're querying the forms of currency, has energy credits ever been referenced in official Trek canon?

Yes, The Energy Credit is known as the Federation Credit. Which is only good in Federation Space and worthless outside of it. The local currency or latinum is used for everywhere else.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I was actually pretty pleased with this one. It gave me a faster route to acquiring the Latinum trophies. Still need to go back and get the other dabo accolades, but at least I've got the shiny stuff.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    tilarta wrote: »
    And since we're querying the forms of currency, has energy credits ever been referenced in official Trek canon?

Yes, The Energy Credit is known as the Federation Credit. Which is only good in Federation Space and worthless outside of it. The local currency or latinum is used for everywhere else.

So by that logic, Romulan, Dominion, Delta Quadrant, independent and KDF factions should not be using Energy Credits because it isn't a recognized form of currency? :s

It's starting to look like they just wanted a centralised form of currency and just made something up.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Nice to see that they're not actually planning on addressing the latinum issue, instead opting to inflate the EC economy even more than it already is (At least, on Tribble).

Seriously, what was even the point of adding the latinum if it can't be used for anything? Worse than that, why are they trying to "fix" the problem by just brushing it under the rug (Or covering the problem with an even bigger problem)?
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    rattler2 wrote: »
    strathkin wrote: »
    I
    2 unique shuttles appear in several TNG / DS9 episodes.
    When Ferengi get left in the Delta Quadrant after the TNG is up against a Betazoid telepath negotiating for wormhole rights on behalf of other races when Geordi Laforge in a shuttle with Data is joined by Ferengi in their shuttle to investigating what was thought to be stable wormhole discovers the other end changes at intervals. It's how Voyager later found Ferengi in the Delta Quadrant. There was also a DS9 episode where Quark borrowed the Grand Negus Shuttle to negotiate a trade deal for Tullaberries to create wine with a race in the Gamma Quadrant and those would be two viable options for a slight admiralty boost to complement some missions.

The Ferengi shuttle already exists in game.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ferengi_Na'Far

True it does but this is an actual small craft. I was specifically talking about 1 or 2 shuttles to be used solely for admiralty missions not to actually fly since shuttles aside from a few of their decent buff's to other ships are mostly a Novelty item. :)
    0zxlclk.png
    edited September 2017
    ltminns wrote: »
    The compulsion for them to create stuff for the Dilitium Store is too great for them to overcome.

Of course, nerfing GPL rewards may just be the precursor for them to put stuff in the GPL Store. Don't want to make it too easy to pick up stuff there.

Yea I'd have no problem if they NERF'd the GPL you could earn in Ferengi Admiralty by even as much as 20-30% as long as they expanded the options to get some new Novelty rewards.

Sadly thought a Romulan Captain still can't display Trophies on Ship Interior's - be nice to add options for Romulan Ship's Bar's but certainly at the very least their Captain's Ready Room & Quarters. <font color=gold>Expand all Captain's personal spaces regardless of factions ships to include GPL trophies but other trophies such to Musical Instruments, perhaps even Special Rug's, Paintings, Funiture or special items that demonstrates a Captain's personality.</font> Everyone (Actors) on the Enterprise hated the fish Picard had in his Ready room, and it wasn't until like almost season 5 they were finally removed.
    1. Expand GPL Items on Risa perhaps for a few Ferengi / Cardassian Tailor (DS9 Quark & Garak) Inspired Fashions in the 70,000 - 225,000 range for Offduty Hats, Shorts, Shirts, Scarves, Pants, and Footwear.
    2. Ferengi GPL trader's could expand Club Wear to reintroduce the previously awarded club wear fashion in addition to the existing one at 250,000 GPL. Possibly even add 1 or 2 more customizable club fashions for at 375,000 or 450,000 GPL level.
    3. Ferengi GPL trader could expand an alternate method to acquire both starship and character emotes for a modest fee of course - that might be earned in other ways through the game or events. A bid of 150,000 - 300,000 GPL depending on the item might inspire some Ferengi to bribe officials successfully. :)
    4. Ferengi GPL trader to offer furniture or personal items to expand options for Captain's Ready Room or Personal Quarters such as Rugs, new Painting options, Musical Instruments or changing Furniture.
    5. Ferengi GPL trader could even consider a few items at the 1 million or more GPL mark in a new category. A few items to evoke a similar reaction to Quark almost fainting when he heard someone bid over a million bars at Auction for an item Picard's Girlfriend found while out with Q when before she found herself on DS9. Perhaps a choice 1 of 3 newly designed and more modernized Faction Captain's Ready Room's that would allow you to custom place other varied unique items at different locations. :)

Surely they can even think of few useful items to expand the Novelty GPL items even if we see the amount earned in GPL from Ferengi Admiralty nerfed a bit. o:)

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png
    like that they are adding a new admirality, but hate that the tour of duty reward is more ore again, wht not make it another upgrade pack, or even give us 1 key, 100 zen or something besides ore as ore is pretty much point less since you can only refine 8K a day and most people probably have 1mill+ already saved up so why do we need another thing to give a big chuck of ore?

Well I do like we have something to earn GPL aside from either trading in Summer or Winter items for GPL or playing Dabo mindlessly for days or weeks. While I'm sure some like the 30000 DIL reward being included within the Ferengi Admiralty along side the Klingon; I think I'd rather see a 2-4x RNG Rare to Very Rare Quality Accelerator to Boost improvement chances aside from expanding GPL rewards.
    0zxlclk.png
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I feel like this discussion is still relevant, considering they've just decided to scrap the idea of latinum being awarded in favor of an economy inflating Energy Credit reward. Because of course, why would you actually flesh out one of the most worthless currencies in your game when you can just make another currency worthless instead?

This is getting ridiculous. And it's not like we actually have anything to spend the latinum on now anyway.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    I feel like this discussion is still relevant, considering they've just decided to scrap the idea of latinum being awarded in favor of an economy inflating Energy Credit reward. Because of course, why would you actually flesh out one of the most worthless currencies in your game when you can just make another currency worthless instead?

This is getting ridiculous. And it's not like we actually have anything to spend the latinum on now anyway.

Yeah I don't get it...GPL is pretty much worthless, it's almost completely worthless if you're a Romulan or you fly a alien ship.

Yet they nerf it to hell and opt instead to increase EC inflation even more.
    Well generally I'd just really like to see a few new items added to the GPL merchants. That last thing we saw was a club outfit almost 2+ years ago, and prior to that not very much has been added in 5+ years.

I'm OK with the nerf being (my goodness 80%) being far greater than I expected. Still my bigger issue is I'd just like to see more prizes we could obtain.

Most of all allow Quark to finally offer larger bet's on Dabo. It's about time the 100 EC or 100 GPL limit was raised out to at least 1000. <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If they raised it to 1,000 then it wouldn't take you as long to get the Accolades, and we must keep you busy now don't we.

There is a definite 100 GPL item that is a must, the Party Nullifier. You can never go wrong with that purchase. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • stevemegatronstevemegatron Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I wish we got good items with the GPL. Otherwise give me a conversion to EC with it. It's a worthless currency.