test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 9/15/17

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 9/15 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I went and took a look around. VERY NICE!!! There is a lot to like about the Galaxy interior! I do hope that it being mentioned as not being finished yet, means that there are more areas of the ship to be added. The Battle Bridge would be a really nice addition along with a deck with ShuttleBay access.

Although I am sure the team is aware. I will mention a few things I noticed that need adjusting. The amount of crew is too dense on lower decks. When in the Captain's Quarters, the doors both rarely close due to the amount of crew in the hallway. Crew uniforms also currently aren't consistent across NPC's in the interior. The DS9/Voyager outfit seems to be most common with interactable NPC's in the Odyssey or whatever that uniform is call uniform. Clicking on certain chairs seems to be tricky to get to sit in. The chair behind the desk in the Captain's Quarters I couldn't get my character to sit in. Trying to get my toon to sit in the Captain's Chair on the bridge almost always ended up being sat in the First Officer's chair. Trying to lay on the main operating bed in SickBay doesn't lay flat on the angled surface. I am not too sure if that can be corrected based on the way assets are made within the game.

Ultimately, I am very impressed! This interior is long overdue for making it into the game. I do hope there is more to be added but even in its current state. People are going to love it!
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    When are you going to be releasing the Galaxy interior just out of curiosity?
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Dear ambassadorkael,
    next time you shut down the xmpp chatserver please put a note in the 'official' forums and not only on the redditfilth. And probably stop jinxing the downtimes by posting there will be none.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I went and took a look around. VERY NICE!!! There is a lot to like about the Galaxy interior! I do hope that it being mentioned as not being finished yet, means that there are more areas of the ship to be added. The Battle Bridge would be a really nice addition along with a deck with ShuttleBay access.

Although I am sure the team is aware. I will mention a few things I noticed that need adjusting. The amount of crew is too dense on lower decks. When in the Captain's Quarters, the doors both rarely close due to the amount of crew in the hallway. Crew uniforms also currently aren't consistent across NPC's in the interior. The DS9/Voyager outfit seems to be most common with interactable NPC's in the Odyssey or whatever that uniform is call uniform. Clicking on certain chairs seems to be tricky to get to sit in. The chair behind the desk in the Captain's Quarters I couldn't get my character to sit in. Trying to get my toon to sit in the Captain's Chair on the bridge almost always ended up being sat in the First Officer's chair. Trying to lay on the main operating bed in SickBay doesn't lay flat on the angled surface. I am not too sure if that can be corrected based on the way assets are made within the game.

Ultimately, I am very impressed! This interior is long overdue for making it into the game. I do hope there is more to be added but even in its current state. People are going to love it!

For all of those curious!

And those that got a sneak peak at the new interior..

The Voyager/DS9 uniforms are replaced with Odyssey uniforms in the final version, but the sneak peak we got wasn't finished. I also told them about the doors constantly being triggered by NPC's but they couldn't promise anything about that.

But at least the uniforms will be fixed throughout Deck 8 and 10 when the interior is being released properly. :)
    When are you going to be releasing the Galaxy interior just out of curiosity?

During the TNG anniversary on the 28th.

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Mind continuously boggled by Cryptic's priorities when it comes to bringing down the game to fix something
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • airskiairski Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Mind continuously boggled by Cryptic's priorities when it comes to bringing down the game to fix something

This is game breaking though :neutral:
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @snowwolf#0563 said:
    > jcsww wrote: »
    >
    > I went and took a look around. VERY NICE!!! There is a lot to like about the Galaxy interior! I do hope that it being mentioned as not being finished yet, means that there are more areas of the ship to be added. The Battle Bridge would be a really nice addition along with a deck with ShuttleBay access.
    >
    > Although I am sure the team is aware. I will mention a few things I noticed that need adjusting. The amount of crew is too dense on lower decks. When in the Captain's Quarters, the doors both rarely close due to the amount of crew in the hallway. Crew uniforms also currently aren't consistent across NPC's in the interior. The DS9/Voyager outfit seems to be most common with interactable NPC's in the Odyssey or whatever that uniform is call uniform. Clicking on certain chairs seems to be tricky to get to sit in. The chair behind the desk in the Captain's Quarters I couldn't get my character to sit in. Trying to get my toon to sit in the Captain's Chair on the bridge almost always ended up being sat in the First Officer's chair. Trying to lay on the main operating bed in SickBay doesn't lay flat on the angled surface. I am not too sure if that can be corrected based on the way assets are made within the game.
    >
    > Ultimately, I am very impressed! This interior is long overdue for making it into the game. I do hope there is more to be added but even in its current state. People are going to love it!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > For all of those curious!
    >
    > And those that got a sneak peak at the new interior..
    >
    > The Voyager/DS9 uniforms are replaced with Odyssey uniforms in the final version, but the sneak peak we got wasn't finished. I also told them about the doors constantly being triggered by NPC's but they couldn't promise anything about that.
    >
    > But at least the uniforms will be fixed throughout Deck 8 and 10 when the interior is being released properly. :)
    > jackson900pwe wrote: »
    >
    > When are you going to be releasing the Galaxy interior just out of curiosity?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > During the TNG anniversary on the 28th.

Decks 8 and 10, just how many decks does the interior get?
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Decks 8 and 10, just how many decks does the interior get?

There's Deck 1, 8, 10 and 36 so far. But the interior is not finished, so there might be more to come. Also the decks are much bigger than in the mission. I'll go out on a limb and say it's the biggest interior so far. Bigger than Voyager by far. It actually got to the point it was tiresome running from Sickbay to the Transporter room. lol

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Well, I guess you had to have a T6 to see it. That's alright. Don't spend much time below decks when I'm playing this game. ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    i have zen all saved up but i cant buy any ships till AFTER i see the tng interior, i wanna get that and i am not gonna spend one zen till i see if thats worth getting for my toons. so guess im gonna have to wait till the next ship sale to get any ships. oh well. and i so wanted those upgrade tokens at the very least.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    tomilak wrote: »
    i have zen all saved up but i cant buy any ships till AFTER i see the tng interior, i wanna get that and i am not gonna spend one zen till i see if thats worth getting for my toons. so guess im gonna have to wait till the next ship sale to get any ships. oh well. and i so wanted those upgrade tokens at the very least.

If they add a little more to it, I will throw down the money for it without a second thought. After seeing it as it currently is though, there seems to be a couple of small elements missing that I think are truly needed to set this interior apart from the others. The Battle Bridge is definitely one of those elements and the only reason I wouldn't buy it on day one, if that isn't added. I am also still hoping for a multi-interior pack, like what was done with the Voyager interior. There needs to be an AGT version at the very least. A Generations version and also a Future Imperfect versions would be the most amazing icing on the cake. The AGT version not being included will also hold me back on purchasing. We have the Galaxy X in the game along with variants of it so the correct interior for that, being an upgraded and retrofitted Galaxy, needs to be included in my opinion. What I have seen of what made it into the game yesterday though is excellent!
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Many thanks to those that got the gift of witnessing the interior & describing your insights.

I'm even more excited about this now.

I'm having my own unfortunate battle with Cryptic currently ... fix my account ..., so I wont be spending any more real-money & the newest Allied FD Cruisers tested my resolve but I remained steadfast, but it does sound like Cryptic is investing the proper effort into this so kudos to Cryptic based upon what I've read & heard.

I cannot wait to see it on YouTube &/or in-game.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I really enjoyed going through the interior in the mission episode. I think I would pick this up when it becomes available.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Wonder if the Galaxy class interior will be a stand-alone bridge pack or what Galaxy class ships it will unlock for.

I already own the T6 Gal-x and some T5 Galaxy with the antimatter console and cool ship skin. Would not be happy if we got the same treatment as the Intrepid did, which I hope also gets unlocked for those of us that already own the Pathfinder.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Our PC maintenance is noe complete. Thanks for your patience and we'll see you in game!
This discussion has been closed.