test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 9/14/17

doctorbeepboop#3280 doctorbeepboop Member Posts: 20 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to ST.80.20170909a.4

New Content and Features:
  • Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding
    1. With Season 14: Emergence, Dranuur Colony will become available as a new joint Lukari-Kentari-themed Fleet Holding, available to all Fleets in Star Trek Online.
    2. Player fleets will be presented with a full-sized Holding, comprised of a primary track and three subtracks, each with five tiers of progression.
      1. Each tier and subtrack will offer fleets new improvements to their Colony World holding, as well as access to new equipment, and new gameplay options.
    3. Remember, this is still a work in progress!
  • Fleet Holding Queue
    1. The invasion simulation is a multi-location wave defense event, which allows up to 20 fleet members to participate without needing to queue.
    2. Travel to the Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding to start the event!
    3. This is a work in progress.
    4. To access this event, players must obtain 3 tokens from fleet projects, then talk to the security officer on the docks.
      1. There is a test vendor located on Drozana Station that can help speed this along.
      2. Projects will complete in seconds and not days on Tribble only.
    5. For more information on our newest features, please visit the blog!

Systems:
  • Tzenkethi stealth drones will now respect line of sight.
  • Admiralty: Gold-Pressed Latinum rewards from Ferengi Admiralty assignments have been reduced by around 80%.
  • In place of these reduced rewards, these assignments now also reward Energy Credits proportionate to the amount of GPL that has been removed.
  • Fleet Starbase: Fleet Personnel packages of Duty Officers may now be purchased in bulk, up to 50 at a time
  • Temporary Ships, such as the Obelisk, no longer have vanity equipment slots.
    1. This only affects ships given temporarily in missions.
  • Resolved a display name issue on the Na'kuhl Battlecruiser, where it was named "Archeros" by default instead of "Acheros."
  • This change will only affect newly commissioned versions of this ship.
  • The "Kill Tzenkethi" Accolades have their own category in the accolades tab.

Powers & Items:
  • Resolved an issue that prevented Target Subsystems from working with Turrets.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Restorative Synergy to proc less frequently when Command spec is slotted.
  • The Psionic Consumption, Psionic Emissions, and Psionic Howl effects from Fluidic Kit Frames can no longer activate in Social Zones.
    1. Protonic Energy Stabilizer Module
    2. The chance to activate has been doubled to 20%.
    3. The damage dealt now scales with damage bonuses.
    4. The damage is now dealt as a DoT over 5 seconds, and only has 50% shield penetration
    5. The base amount of damage has been significantly decreased.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Structural Analysis to fail to spread in some cases.
  • Resolved minor typo and formatting issues across several item and power tooltips.
Post edited by doctorbeepboop#3280 on

Comments

• doctorbeepboop#3280 doctorbeepboop Member Posts: 20 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! :)
    I noticed the last time I posted the patchnotes, a lot of you were wondering who I am and if I was new! We’ve actually met before in various livestreams and podcasts - I'm Kiera/ doctorbeepboop, your friendly neighborhood producer! I like to paint, watch Nic Cage movies, and stick googly eyes onto random things! I've been at Cryptic for a few years now, I just haven't posted a lot in the past :)
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2017
    I knew the moment I saw that Avatar that it was Maria's Evil Twin...

Not sure what took everyone else so long. :smirk:

[e] wait... less Evil Twin... more like Evil Little Sister. :)
  • jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    where's coldsnapped.... y-you're not my real tribble dad! (But I'll still appreciate you the same :P )
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    well, there goes any chance of being GPL spacerich - and EC hyperinflation gets another unneeded bump on top of that​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Yeah, I thought the GPL rewards were kinda crazy. Still, replacing 80% of it with EC seems counter-intuitive, especially since the only way one can spend the absurd amount of credits one earns is on the exchange. Personally I'd like to see some kind of EC sink to offset these Admirality payouts...
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    maybe increase the amount of colony stuff the drozana vendor gives
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I'm still seeing this bug:

Game client detecting wrong amount of memory

I also found two new bugs while testing on Tribble tonight:

1. If I turn off Lighting 2.0, then the tribbles on the fleet starbase flicker when viewed from certain angles and distances. I have yet to check whether this also happens on Holodeck.

2. I tried to go up the stairs in the area behind the security and tactical officers on the fleet colony. I fell through the stairs and got stuck behind the walls.

The invasion simulation is a multi-location wave defense event, which allows up to 20 fleet members to participate without needing to queue.

I tested this, and you can invite non-fleet-members to the map to participate. However, I'm not sure if they get any rewards. We weren't able to successfully complete the event with only two people.

• Admiralty: Gold-Pressed Latinum rewards from Ferengi Admiralty assignments have been reduced by around 80%.
    • In place of these reduced rewards, these assignments now also reward Energy Credits proportionate to the amount of GPL that has been removed.
    well, there goes any chance of being GPL spacerich - and EC hyperinflation gets another unneeded bump on top of that​​
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought the GPL rewards were kinda crazy. Still, replacing 80% of it with EC seems counter-intuitive, especially since the only way one can spend the absurd amount of credits one earns is on the exchange. Personally I'd like to see some kind of EC sink to offset these Admirality payouts...

Here's a crazy idea: Reverse the change to the Ferengi campaign, and replace the doff requirements for fleet projects with a GPL requirement; allow us to purchase GPL with fleet credits; and allow us to turn in doffs for GPL, with higher quality doffs giving more GPL. You could also use another currency or commodity instead of GPL, but this would give GPL an actual use besides novelty items. It would also preserve the value of doffs and eliminate much clicking.

EDIT: Vanilla, don't eat this post.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I'd have really preferred you guys gave us something to buy with latinum, instead of just taking away the latinum to instead give us a bit of money that will reach inflation points unheard of in this game prior.

While the psionic kits being inactive in public does make sense, it also totally removes any and all actual reasons to use the things. Maybe make them a bit stronger, pretty please? Considering it's one of the few sources of psionic damage out there, I'd prefer actually being able to use it.

Maybe just rework the kits altogether? Give them some aspect of worth that makes them fun to use outside of running around a starbase blasting people with explosive heals?
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Tribble has been updated to ST.80.20170909a.4

1. Protonic Energy Stabilizer Module
    2. The chance to activate has been doubled to 20%.
    3. The damage dealt now scales with damage bonuses.
    4. The damage is now dealt as a DoT over 5 seconds, and only has 50% shield penetration
    5. The base amount of damage has been significantly decreased.
    [/list]

WOW.. it would be time. NICE JOB ! We need that soon as possible on Holodeck. Again.. well done Guys.
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • doctorbeepboop#3280 doctorbeepboop Member Posts: 20 Cryptic Developer
    Edited original post - In order to access the Fleet Holding Invasion queue, players must obtain 3 tokens from fleet projects, then talk to the security officer on the docks. The Fleet Holding does not need to be at Tier 1 to access this content.
    Fleet Starbase: Fleet Personnel packages of Duty Officers may now be purchased in bulk, up to 50 at a time
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Here's a crazy idea: Reverse the change to the Ferengi campaign, and replace the doff requirements for fleet projects with a GPL requirement; allow us to purchase GPL with fleet credits; and allow us to turn in doffs for GPL, with higher quality doffs giving more GPL. You could also use another currency or commodity instead of GPL, but this would give GPL an actual use besides novelty items. It would also preserve the value of doffs and eliminate much clicking.

Even if you don't implement my GPL idea, you should add civilian doff packs to the starbase. Right now, the only way to purchase civilians from the starbase is to open the packs which give you a random doff.
    qVpg1km.png
  • sovereign2727sovereign2727 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    So about the Protonic Consoles, good that you adressed them.
    However, (And take this from me, I am the one who hates them the most), from what I have seen on Tribble you did a good nerf on them, a bit too much. In order to compensate for it make it so EPG% console like Constriction Anchor and Delphic Tear affect the damage and that DoT buffing sets like Temporal 2pc buff it too, since they do not stack that would make them a perfect supplement console for science builds, not interfere with the EPG part of it and just be... a good console that does not oneshot things. Would be good to make it so. (Also would suit what you said in the actual notes a bit more) Thanks.

Fleet Holding, I am honest here this is not the most lively time of the community ever, giving us Tier 5 is already harsh but have those hundreds of thousands of thingies to be grinded but playing down there? I am not sure... That could be a bit too much, also I fell through a few stairs and bridges, got stuck etc. Given that it's a fleet holding where I can not beam up that's a bit disturbing, so I was forced to relog.

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The fleet holding....

So having looked there, i;m guessing this "Lukari ship" that is a T5 project is going to be giving access to the Scout Ships in orbit?
    They are the "Charlie" design for the design a ship contest from last year so good to see them in game finally, even if they do look a bit odd next to the Triangle science vessel.

Also, there are a LOT of mini-games hereto gather resources. This is either going to really suit people or is going to drive people up the wall and give them RSI. I've seen the Omega, Dil mining and Radiation scan mini-games so far.
    SulMatuul.png
    I've discovered an undocumented change. Please see the following thread in the Tribble bug report forum.

"Raise settings in character creator" removed from "Advanced" tab

Also, I still can't submit bug reports on Tribble.

Bug report ticket on Tribble not working

I keep getting following error message:

[System] [TicketError] Could not connect. Please try again later.
    qVpg1km.png
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    So about the Protonic Consoles, good that you adressed them.
    However, (And take this from me, I am the one who hates them the most), from what I have seen on Tribble you did a good nerf on them, a bit too much. In order to compensate for it make it so EPG% console like Constriction Anchor and Delphic Tear affect the damage and that DoT buffing sets like Temporal 2pc buff it too, since they do not stack that would make them a perfect supplement console for science builds, not interfere with the EPG part of it and just be... a good console that does not oneshot things. Would be good to make it so. (Also would suit what you said in the actual notes a bit more) Thanks.

Fleet Holding, I am honest here this is not the most lively time of the community ever, giving us Tier 5 is already harsh but have those hundreds of thousands of thingies to be grinded but playing down there? I am not sure... That could be a bit too much, also I fell through a few stairs and bridges, got stuck etc. Given that it's a fleet holding where I can not beam up that's a bit disturbing, so I was forced to relog.

Wow...So since its a DoT now with 50% shield pen...couldn't that console remain at Holodeck damage levels? 5 second discharge (each tick at 50% shield pen) would quickly be nullified in PVP with the use of:
    Haz emitters,
    Polarize Hull (Traited),
    Hold Together (Pilot Spec),
    Protomatter Field projector (@500% hull regen) or
    Dynamic Power Redistributor Module (which is fixed at 500% hull regen)

Even at 35k proton damage..The current proton consoles damage numbers. applied as a DoT (like tribble). Breaks down into 17.5 to hull and 17.5k to shields in 5 seconds before resistances are applied..This would put it in lockstep with other dots Like:

Below at 410 Epg 96 aux
    Deteriorating Secondary deflectors (48k in 10 seconds)
    Sensor Burnout (31k in 10 seconds)
    TBR 3 (20.6k in 10sec)
    Tykens 3 (18.5k in 16 seconds)
    DRB w/o debuff (15k in 10 seconds),
    Delphic Shockwave (13k in 10 seconds)..

All of this is before resistances are applied...

Most of the above mentioned are Dots at 100% shield pen except the Deteriorating deflector (Its 50%)..The conversion to 50% shield pen addition and a DoT gets rid of the 1 shot ability these consoles had but could still be useful in PVE with the numbers they have on Holodeck.

I am in agreeance that EPG% should boost them if they dont use Holodecks current numbers..But "All damage boosts" affecting them means Tac captains have the advantage with these consoles..But thats only if we go forward with this revision of the proton consoles on Tribble..What do you think?
    Post edited by odinforever20000 on

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Greetings, doctorbeepboop!

I'm glad the Tzenkethi Stealth Drones finally decided to respect line-of-sight. Having a time-out didn't seem to do the trick before this patch!
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I am in agreeance that EPG% should boost them if they dont use Holodecks current numbers..But "All damage boosts" affecting them means Tac captains have the advantage with these consoles..But thats only if we go forward with this revision of the proton consoles on Tribble..What do you think?

I can agree with that, and it would not be bad if they kept the ability for it to be affected by abilities that boost all damage types, but merely made it that the boost gained via EPG was higher per point overall.

One thing I wish they might look into was taking the concept of the tactical consoles that buffed one energy/weapon type an proton damage, and then adjusted that to make a group of dual-energy/weapon type buffing consoles.
    frtoaster wrote: »
    1. If I turn off Lighting 2.0, then the tribbles on the fleet starbase flicker when viewed from certain angles and distances. I have yet to check whether this also happens on Holodeck.

I've discovered that this flickering also affects my M.A.C.O. Phaser Battle Rifle and my tetryon pulsewave. I think you guys might have a general graphics bug. Again, the flickering is only visible from certain angles and distances, and it only occurs when Lighting 2.0 is turned off.
    qVpg1km.png
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    asuran14 wrote: »

One thing I wish they might look into was taking the concept of the tactical consoles that buffed one energy/weapon type an proton damage, and then adjusted that to make a group of dual-energy/weapon type buffing consoles.

The Auto Targeting Module would be more interesting if the Proton damage buff was at least the same as the Fleet Tac consoles.Well..that and well ..More proton weapons.. Say 37.5% Proton Damage and 25% ______Weapon damage (at epic).

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »

The Auto Targeting Module would be more interesting if the Proton damage buff was at least the same as the Fleet Tac consoles.Well..that and well ..More proton weapons.. Say 37.5% Proton Damage and 25% ______Weapon damage (at epic).

Oh yeah I had so wished they would have made Proton become a standard energy type we see more like the other energy types, over being a one off type that it is right now. Even a change to switch it that it gives (for example on a mark 12 purple Auto Targeting Module console) a 20 percent boost to proton an 15% to the secondary energy/weapon type (phaser, plasma, cannon, beam, ext) would help., but jjst a boost would be nice.