test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Allied Flight Deck Cruisers Stats!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
You've seen the Allied Flight Deck Cruiser Bundle, now learn what each ship can do.

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10638324

Comments

• firstaid#5667 firstaid Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Darn, really more tac-heavy cruisers? We already have a million of those already. These ships would have been a really great opportunity to give us some science-heavy cruisers; which we severely lack. In the past, the KDF FDCs have been science-biased cruisers, so why don't these continue that pattern?
    Oh well, here's to hoping some day we will get a science-cruiser that's not in a lockbox or a variant in an eng/sci/tac three-pack.
    Post edited by firstaid#5667 on
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Suliban little Cell ships!!!.... little cell ships!!!...... little and cute cell ships!!!!!!!!!!, i'm ok now...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Can someone give me any good reason why I should spend money on these?

Because I don't see any at the moment. Seem not any better then what already is available, looking at the stats.

Also they do not look like top ships for DPS.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    My Orion Captains/crews can finally have an Orion ship ! ! ! !
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    totenmet wrote: »

Because I don't see any at the moment. Seem not any better then what already is available, looking at the stats.

admiralty cards
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'm a bit bummed out by only two science consoles (By the way, consoles are the same for regular and fleet versions in the blog) but oh well. It's pretty much a default T6 star ship pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I have to admit that I am disinterested as well. It used to be that the stats of the different ships inside of a bundle were actually different, now it feels like all of the ships are just cheap cookie cutter versions of each other.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    totenmet wrote: »

admiralty cards

I already have an abundance of admirality cards. Due to the daily cap more then anough cards to all daily admirality projects.
    rhenvar42 wrote: »
    I have to admit that I am disinterested as well. It used to be that the stats of the different ships inside of a bundle were actually different, now it feels like all of the ships are just cheap cookie cutter versions of each other.

Indeed feels like just a new skin. More of the same in a new skin.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    Stats look good to me.
    The lack of sci console slots (just 2?) constricts build out options, but I'll happily take it.

I hope the Cutpurse fighters are as zippy as the Orion interceptors.
    Darn, really more tac-heavy cruisers? We already have a million of those already. These ships would have been a really great opportunity to give us some science-heavy cruisers; which we severely lack. In the past, the KDF FDCs have been science-biased cruisers, so why don't these continue that pattern?
    Oh well, here's to hoping some day we will get a science-cruiser that's not in a lockbox or part of a three-pack.

100% agree
    Warbarge dread is my hope :wink:
    Similar stats to these new ships but with tac and sci boff/console numbers reversed.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I'm not sure how to react...5/3 without dual cannons makes me a little sad...lack of Science does as well.

Doesn't really help that we're getting a Sulliban ship and with how shafted I feel that they refuse to give RR a new race, especially when Suliban would fit them so well.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    How about making those shuttles playable small craft?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Suliban little Cell ships!!!.... little cell ships!!!...... little and cute cell ships!!!!!!!!!!, i'm ok now...
    I know! I've been wanting Suliban stuff for a LONG time! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @arionisa said:
    > My Orion Captains/crews can finally have an Orion ship ! ! ! !

Yep mine too. I just hope they change the Cutpurse name of the fighters, maybe to Assassins.
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Meh, another money grab. I would have enjoyed seeing something science based but I'm sure people will give Cryptic money for these. We'll see them around for a few weeks and then people will get bored and shelve them.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    So when are these coming out because it says
    Coming soon to a C-Store near you
    and
    These starships are available in the C-Store and can be purchased...
    They can't be both.

They're not up in game yet, so I guess we're still in that "coming soon" phase, but can we get a release date?
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Seems likely I'll pick up the Orion one to replace the Corsair (tested the Qua'tel FDC but it's a bit squishy for my tastes), need to have a think about loadouts first although I'm pretty sure I can squeeze my favourites in with little trouble.

Suppose it's too much to hope for working turrets :)
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to react...5/3 without dual cannons makes me a little sad...lack of Science does as well.

Doesn't really help that we're getting a Sulliban ship and with how shafted I feel that they refuse to give RR a new race, especially when Suliban would fit them so well.

Without a tactical commander BOFF slot, you wouldn't be able to get the most out of DHCs anyway. Better to load up with DBBs instead. So the lack of cannons isn't a big deal, especially for the Feds as their cruisers have traditionally been beam-only.

This hurts more for the KDF, as their cruiser situation is much like the feds, except the lack of cannons on this ship hurts them more since most KDF ships can use them. Ditto for their flight deck cruisers.

I can see the Feds being able to use this ship, like the Klingons they've been short-changed on cruisers that have 5 forward guns. Lockbox/Lobi aside, only the Avenger/Arbiter has this particular feature. And AFAIK none of the Fed carriers have this either.

The Romulans however, probably won't have much use for this because from what I can see, apart from being slightly faster and more agile, the Scimitar (any of its variants) is superior in every way.
  • gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    Awesome, new Orion design. Those cannon turrets on the Blackguard look awesome, pity you can't actually slot any cannons.
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 282 Arc User
    Shouldn't the fleet versions have an additional console, or am I missing something? They have the same console layout as the standard versions.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I don't get the hate for this. It's an actual 5/3 ship in the zen store, which is a rarity, all you have otherwise is the Arbiter (and KDF equivalent) In my experience, it's a huge difference from a 4/4, and gives you the option of using beam banks and omnis, not just all beam arrays. It moves like the Arbiter as well, but has a lot more hit points and a hangar slot.

It might not be as good as the Romulan dreadnaughts but it seems like a very nice ship.
    > @mgoblin2 said:
    > Shouldn't the fleet versions have an additional console, or am I missing something? They have the same console layout as the standard versions.

The non fleet versions have one too many consoles.

Fleet ships are supposed to have 11 consoles, both the Fleet Flight-Deck Assault Cruisers and Flight-Deck Assault Cruisers have 11 consoles, 5 engineering, 4 Tactical, and 2 Science. The regular version likely only has 4 engineering.
    > @sovereign010 said:
    > lianthelia wrote: »
    >
    > I'm not sure how to react...5/3 without dual cannons makes me a little sad...lack of Science does as well.
    >
    > Doesn't really help that we're getting a Sulliban ship and with how shafted I feel that they refuse to give RR a new race, especially when Suliban would fit them so well.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Without a tactical commander BOFF slot, you wouldn't be able to get the most out of DHCs anyway. Better to load up with DBBs instead. So the lack of cannons isn't a big deal, especially for the Feds as their cruisers have traditionally been beam-only.
    >
    > This hurts more for the KDF, as their cruiser situation is much like the feds, except the lack of cannons on this ship hurts them more since most KDF ships can use them. Ditto for their flight deck cruisers.
    >
    > I can see the Feds being able to use this ship, like the Klingons they've been short-changed on cruisers that have 5 forward guns. Lockbox/Lobi aside, only the Avenger/Arbiter has this particular feature. And AFAIK none of the Fed carriers have this either.
    >
    > The Romulans however, probably won't have much use for this because from what I can see, apart from being slightly faster and more agile, the Scimitar (any of its variants) is superior in every way.

Not in everyway, regular Romulan ships have an energy weakness, as Suliban ships use regular Warpcores, the Silik FDAC will have a power advantage over the Scimitar.

Also the Silik has Cruiser Commands.

And the Siliks console can cause the Scimitar's allies and maybe it's pets to attack it, while dropping the Scimitar's DR.
    > @discojer said:
    > I don't get the hate for this. It's an actual 5/3 ship in the zen store, which is a rarity, all you have otherwise is the Arbiter (and KDF equivalent) In my experience, it's a huge difference from a 4/4, and gives you the option of using beam banks and omnis, not just all beam arrays. It moves like the Arbiter as well, but has a lot more hit points and a hangar slot.
    >
    > It might not be as good as the Romulan dreadnaughts but it seems like a very nice ship.

Some people hate on the ships no matter what Cryptic does.

The Blackguard FDC will be the main ship for my KDF Orion Dahar Master.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    The Console layouts on the non-fleet versions were incorrect when this blog first was published. We've fixed the error. They should all have the following:

3 Tac, 5 Eng, 2 Sci

Fleet versions of each get an additional Tac console slot.

Sorry for any confusion!
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    The only drawback I see is the lack of "weapon system efficiency". Other than that, these are great stats!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Nice presentation & nice statistics for the three ships, & I like the bit of a surprise that the Silik gets a Battle Cloak, but I wish Cryptic would've shown some more chutzpah & allowed the Blackguard to have two hangars for complete diversification.

Visually I still like the Pralim design best, but now it is a lot closer about whom is second place between the Blackguard & the Silik.

I like the console & the BOFF layouts, & the wee fighters seem fancy for each ship too which could be a selling point.

Whereas that I.F.F. console seems like it could be decent in use that starship trait seems contradictory & if it is as described seems lackluster.

A good solid bundle, but I will not be buying it since Cryptic still has not fixed my account since July so knowing Cryptic I would buy the bundle & my ships would be missing a console slot & I would get the response of, "no ETA" on it being fixed.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    of course the Silik can cloak, that's canon....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Not in everyway, regular Romulan ships have an energy weakness, as Suliban ships use regular Warpcores, the Silik FDAC will have a power advantage over the Scimitar.

Also the Silik has Cruiser Commands.

And the Siliks console can cause the Scimitar's allies and maybe it's pets to attack it, while dropping the Scimitar's DR.

scims have drones... Drones >>> all of above.

if it wasnt so hard to get the various ship mastery done, i'd still be using the T6 tac scim. course it would help if I bothered to log in to play... only do the new episodes and "event grinds" that I can stomach.
    > @markhawkman said:
    > of course the Silik can cloak, that's canon....

The Romulans and Remans enhanced it to Battle Cloak.