test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Beyond the Nexus Week 1 Rewards!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Each week, Captains can earn new rewards just by playing the new Featured Episode, Beyond the Nexus!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10638254

Comments

• boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Wait..a 360 phaser weapon? Holy TRIBBLE, I am so there!!
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    well that post didnt shed any light on the matter... eng console but no stats and I guess folks are in game to see the other items in the set which includes a 360 phaser array.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    It go +53.3 % Power Transfer Rate, +20 Starship Hull Restoration and +20 Starship Hull Capacity (at Mk XII).
    The other parts of set will be targetable Tropedo and 360 Phaser weapons (both Cannon turret and Omni-Beam)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Then we are just missing an Omni Plasma Beam. Of course with the recent Lobi Isolytic Space Set, they could have done much more to make Tricobalts more viable with its (still) 30 second cooldown.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Still want a TOS blue phaser omni...

Aside from that, I'm liking the looks of this new set.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Looks like a nice set indeed. Looking fun to a, probable, fun mission & the extra reward(s) never hurt neither.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    I'm pretty excited about this one. I have a new kdf character that I'm getting set up for phasers. 360 degree phaser beam array? That's pretty awesome!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    So.... Galaxy interior and skants? When are those coming?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Meet with the U.S.S. Challenger there to investigate the situation - her captain has some experience with the Nexus.

Ahh, unless my memory is bad; Geordi never had any 'experience' with the Nexus. Unless being close to it counts while the D got blow'd up. ;)
    Post edited by dracounguis on
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Then we are just missing an Omni Plasma Beam. Of course with the recent Lobi Isolytic Space Set, they could have done much more to make Tricobalts more viable with its (still) 30 second cooldown.
    While I avoid lobi gear due to its ridiculous cost (the details are a debate for another thread), I do wonder what more could be done to make tricobalt ordinance more effective aside from torp-cooldown doffs, plus that one (a fabriaction engineer, I think) that boosts their flight speed, plus the phasic artillery trait (Temporal Operative)... while at the same time having a reasonable trade-off for their raw power.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Skant probably during Anniversary giveaway week. Interior probably released into C-Store same time.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • cougarman1968cougarman1968 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    well dont bother getting the engineering console on KDF , cant use it just says you dont meet the requirements when im correct level and putting in engineering slot lol
  • benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    well dont bother getting the engineering console on KDF , cant use it just says you dont meet the requirements when im correct level and putting in engineering slot lol
    So it does work for the Feds? Why am I not surprised...
  • wrathofachilleswrathofachilles Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    I'm tickled pink to finally have a second 360 phaser, I just hope it's not oddly colored so it doesn't ruin my phaser set... I mean, why would I run phasers if not for my ship to "look right"?

I'm also a bit... concerned... about this torpedo. The damage appears to be lower than a similar level quantum torpedo but with a 30 second cool down. It says the damage increases as it flies but unless it doubles every .5 seconds of flight time, I'm not sure how this is going to be a good thing... plus it apparently favors being launched from a distance which is entirely contrary to the damage fall off of any energy weapons one is (most likely) using.

I find myself wishing it were some other type of torpedo... like good ol photons, the Enterprise D fired the TRIBBLE out of some photons... would have been super appropriate me thinks. I think I would have even preferred it as a tricobalt mine launcher... Oh well, the 360 phaser seems epic and the two piece isn't bad. Perhaps hoping for the whole set to make it on to my ship was just asking too much.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Oh sweet lord.. may the omni phaser be blue in color.... *prays hard(ish)*
    I have to correct myself, my Fed has the same problem...
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Have console with Fed character, no problems on my end.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I have no idea what the cat is talking about. I ran the mission on my Gorn and had no issues.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Well, for what it's worth, I got it on my KDF and I put it in an Engineering slot without any problem.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    edited September 2017
    I have no idea what the cat is talking about. I ran the mission on my Gorn and had no issues.
    well my toons weren't lvl 50 yet and couldn't equip the console in any engineering console slot...

Edit: played it with 2 toons, one kdf, one fed, both lvl 20-30. Will try a third one later.
    According to the patch notes the issue only popped up if your character was below 50.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    If your Captain is a Fed, Geordi say, "Good to see you again." right at the beginning of the mission. But I don't remember my Captain meeting La Forge before this mission.

I guess you Foundry guys need to get to work on that fill in story. ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    If your Captain is a Fed, Geordi say, "Good to see you again." right at the beginning of the mission. But I don't remember my Captain meeting La Forge before this mission.

hmm.. I'll have to mention this...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

your a time traveler... you probably met him off episode during your jaunts thru space/time.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited about this one. I have a new kdf character...
    Good to hear. Red side can always use more members!
    djf021 wrote: »
    ...that I'm getting set up for phasers.
    Oh. Hmm. I see.

Maybe it's a Starfleet Battles thing.
    mebbe he plays Lethean?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Meet with the U.S.S. Challenger there to investigate the situation - her captain has some experience with the Nexus.

Ahh, unless my memory is bad; Geordi never had any 'experience' with the Nexus. Unless being close to it counts while the D got blow'd up. ;)
    depending how you define "experience" most of the senior crews of USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-B) and (NCC-1701-D) would have "experience" with the Nexus even though only Kirk, Picard and Guinan are confirmed to have entered it.

You see they have experience in dealing with energy ribbon that's the physical manisphastation(sic) of the Nexus in real space.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    This will undoubtedly be handy, I have 2 Fed toons that use phasers and they already have the Quantum Phase set with the beam, torpedo and console. The only concern I have about this set is that it doesn't actually boost phaser damage.